xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Good Subwoofers  (Read 287 times)

jesterrace777

• Archived User
Good Subwoofers
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2004, 06:05:00 PM »

Eclipse is my first choice for decks however, they need to drop this silly notion that the ESN (Eclipse Security Network) is a better idea than a detachable face.  Most stereo thieves are dumbasses and aren't up to date on such things.  If Eclipse would incorporate detachable faces into thier decks then I wouldn't even think about another deck.  Unfortunately they aren't though.  I guess Clarion would get my vote.  Some of Alpine's higher end stuff wouldn't be a bad choice either.  I have the Clarion DXZ725 model and it is great.  Some people here will recommend Pioneer.  Now, while I love Pioneer for DVD Burners I think all of their audio products (high-end or not) leave something greatly to be desired.   BTW XBOXMAN20 any of the MB Quart speakers are outstanding so you really can't go wrong.  It's kinda like JL Audio subs an amps.  No matter which size and series you are getting superior quality.  I have heard several different sizes of MB Quart speakers and they are all far and above anything else I have ever heard for car audio.  It really does come down to what sizes will fit into your car.  Ideally 6.5" full ranges or 6X9 speakers will give you the best full range sound but smaller speakers will still do a pretty good job.  BTW did you take a look at my pics in the link?

Xboxman20

• Archived User
Good Subwoofers
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2004, 09:06:00 PM »

Yea I did

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
Good Subwoofers
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2004, 09:23:00 AM »

I agree with jesterace that the best deks probably are Clarion or Alpine.

jesterrace777

• Archived User
Good Subwoofers
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2004, 11:46:00 AM »

mad.gif

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
Good Subwoofers
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2004, 12:41:00 PM »

Yeah well i have only owned one eclipse head unit and it sucked, maybe i just got a bad one becuase i hear so much great about them.

Mine always skipped even if the CD wasnt scratched (but would work if i took it out and reinsrted it a couple of times) and the CD Text wouldnt read half the time.

And yeah a detachable face would be nice, because the ESN wont do me any good know a theif has a paper weight. Not to mention at night i dont think the theif could even read the brand name untill he already took the radio.

Xboxman20

• Archived User
Good Subwoofers
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2004, 02:58:00 PM »

MY sister had a Kenwood deck.. Some old bitch hit hercar and totaled it so she couldnt get the deck out but managed to get just the Detachable Face off with out any damage.

KenwoodKDC-319 It was a nice deck I guess It never skipped and displayed the text and everything.

Ill post a pic up later im out to check eclipse decks lol

jesterrace777

• Archived User
Good Subwoofers
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2004, 02:59:00 PM »

Exactly.  I'm sure your deck was defective, as every eclipse I have seen has been a solid deck.

Xboxman20

• Archived User
Good Subwoofers
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2004, 04:31:00 PM »

Is there a website where I can order this stuff? I just want to look at the prices im looking at lol

jesterrace777

• Archived User
Good Subwoofers
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2004, 06:37:00 PM »

I recommend checking out epinions.com  They have opinions/reviews on stores and they have prices posted for you to compare.  You can also check out pricegrabber.com.  http://www.epinions.com    http://www.pricegrabber.com

UndercoverPunker

• Archived User
Good Subwoofers
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2004, 07:59:00 PM »

QUOTE (Xboxman20 @ May 10 2004, 09:48 PM)
So here we go lol

Im going to get

x2 JL 12w7 Subs
x4 MB Quart but dont know which ones yet
x2 Amps Not sure on the power yet
x1 Bad Ass Deck lol

So which Mb quarts are bad ass?
ALso who makes a nice deck?

Ummm if you want those JL's to move you're gonna need serious power, and if you're gonna go all "high end" and dish out the cash for w7's, why not get Adire Brahmah's or RE SE/SEXXX's????  I mean why pay a shitload for very good, when you can pay a shitload for the best???

Xboxman20

• Archived User
Good Subwoofers
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2004, 08:07:00 PM »

Thats the stuff Im looking into thats why I want to check the price to see how much im gonna need and how long I should start saving fo lol

UndercoverPunker

• Archived User
Good Subwoofers
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2004, 08:09:00 PM »

MULTI THOUSANDS
(I've spent over 1000 on audiobahn and blaupunkt, and I've only paid full price on 1 thing)...(the blaupunkt)

jesterrace777

• Archived User
Good Subwoofers
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2004, 01:37:00 PM »

Yup, part of the problem is that people try to bite of more than they can chew with soundsystems.  IMHO you really don't need all of that stuff.  I understand you want the best but 2 W7s alone are going to require about 2,000 watts.  That is just rediculous if you aren't getting into competitions.  I would suggest getting the next series down in JL (W6s) as that will save you alot of money in both subs and amps.  I still don't think you realize exactly how loud some systems can be.  You don't need over 1,000 watts to have a loud system.  A couple of 12" W6s will blow out your eardrums if you are running 600-700 watts to them and crank up the gain.  The type of setup you are looking to build (at this point) will easily run you $4,000.

Xboxman20

• Archived User
Good Subwoofers
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2004, 02:02:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

MeNaCe911

• Archived User
Good Subwoofers
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2004, 10:52:00 AM »

QUOTE (UndercoverPunker @ May 11 2004, 11:59 PM)
Ummm if you want those JL's to move you're gonna need serious power, and if you're gonna go all "high end" and dish out the cash for w7's, why not get Adire Brahmah's or RE SE/SEXXX's????  I mean why pay a shitload for very good, when you can pay a shitload for the best???

adires are the shit...them brahmas bump 1600rms flat for 12"s but those are competition speakers which are 350 each...just go with infinity...ima get some comp vrs...i dont wanna kill no one
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6