xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Vw R32  (Read 77 times)

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Vw R32
« on: April 21, 2004, 05:28:00 PM »

I've never been a big VW fan, but the new VW R32 looks pretty sweet. It's essentially a GTI, which is essentially a Golf, but has some remarkable features. It's powered by the 24 Valve 3.2L VR6. With the stretching of the stroke and the addition of variable timing on intake and exhaust cams it now churns out 240Hp and 236 ft/lbs of torque.

It's also got a 6 speed mated to the VWs Haldex AWD system, AKA 4motion, AKA Quattro. (Same system used in the Audi TT.) Rear multilink suspension as well now.

Looks like it could be a very cool little ride.

Tfizzle

• Recovered User
Vw R32
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2004, 07:04:00 PM »

have you seen the new phaetons from VW?  they got a freakin W12 in them.  its basically a v12, but the block is shaped more like a W.  $108,000 maxed out.  i love VW.  my moms got a passat with a W8, man does that thing move for a VW.

jesterrace777

• Archived User
Vw R32
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 11:46:00 AM »

Okay, so is the R32 supposed to be the Golf's new little beast that tears up the road?  They aren't very big cars so I would imagine that power goes a long way.  I have been looking in the Golfs lately, simply because I want a car that is more fuel efficient than my RX-7, yet is fun to drive.  Also does anyone know anything about the TDI Turbo Deisel models (most are 4 door but there are a few 2 doors out there).  They are supposed to be damn fuel efficient but how do they rank for power/acceleration?  I realize these aren't going to be 10 second cars or doing 0-6 in 5 seconds but I was just curious if someone could give me clearer specs on the various different Golf models.  The regular VR6s and the turbo GTIs don't look too shabby either.

havocaose

• Archived User
Vw R32
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2004, 05:24:00 PM »

my friend (louis krabbenhoft)'s dad has a phaeton w12.. its a monster

you actually might know his family from joe krabbenhoft.. from bball... its a long shot but who knows if someone out there knows him

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Vw R32
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2004, 07:54:00 PM »

My friend in a base model 97 Jetta ran a 14.7 quarter. No mods at all. A TDI is one of the quicker diesels ever made. I'd take it for a test ride and see how it feels. I don't discount VW as of late, as they've had some nice cars.