xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Little Car Accident! About 1 Year Ago  (Read 137 times)

WaRnINg|

• Archived User
Little Car Accident! About 1 Year Ago
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2004, 06:30:00 PM »

Dam look what i started all i wanted to do was post some pics about something that happen. and state the facts "ACCORDING TO MY FRIEND"
I got in the car a couple of times and i would say it was running pretty hard. But what ever its no big deal because the car is now scrap medal somewhere.  But once again its really not that hard to make a civic do 11 sec's and it really doesnt take much if you know what your doing.

and yes i agree with that fact that hondas are only good for everyday things but once you start fucking with it forget it there all just headaches

WaRnINg|

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2004, 06:37:00 PM »

Ok let me restate that i did manage to get a hold of my friend to ask how his car was running and he said he was doing 11.89 last time he checked or somebullshit like that. But that was way before all this..

You guys are making it seem like its impossible for a civic to do 11sec. when its really not.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2004, 07:23:00 PM »

QUOTE (WaRnINg| @ Apr 23 2004, 03:37 AM)

You guys are making it seem like its impossible for a civic to do 11sec. when its really not.

If you get a chance ask him what he's done to his car. I'd love to see what's under the hood. If he truly has done that manymods, he should be more then happy to share. An 11 second Civic is an impressive task.

I'm not saying it's impossible. I'm not taking anything away from the pics you posted. I don't think anyone is. We're just having a discussion over what it would take to get a Civic into the 11 second range. It's not as simple as a motor swap. Look at the mods done to my car in the other thread. And I left stuff out. And am not near 11 seconds.

Here's a few fast civics. Look at the mods and then the times. None of these are in the 11 second range. But have serious mods.
http://www.hondashow...ile.php?id=3027

http://www.cardomain...mberpage/226530

http://www.cardomain...mberpage/212237

And this is a Civic hatch with Type R engine and a few other mods. No where near 11 seconds.

Making a mid to high 16 second car into a 11 second car is a very daunting task. Doable, but not easy.

http://www.cardomain...mberpage/280781

WaRnINg|

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2004, 09:39:00 AM »

QUOTE (Rylinkus @ Apr 22 2004, 11:23 PM)
If you get a chance ask him what he's done to his car. I'd love to see what's under the hood. If he truly has done that manymods, he should be more then happy to share. An 11 second Civic is an impressive task.

I'm not saying it's impossible. I'm not taking anything away from the pics you posted. I don't think anyone is. We're just having a discussion over what it would take to get a Civic into the 11 second range. It's not as simple as a motor swap. Look at the mods done to my car in the other thread. And I left stuff out. And am not near 11 seconds.

Here's a few fast civics. Look at the mods and then the times. None of these are in the 11 second range. But have serious mods.
http://www.hondashow...ile.php?id=3027

http://www.cardomain...mberpage/226530

http://www.cardomain...mberpage/212237

And this is a Civic hatch with Type R engine and a few other mods. No where near 11 seconds.

Making a mid to high 16 second car into a 11 second car is a very daunting task. Doable, but not easy.

http://www.cardomain...mberpage/280781

Yeah you make a good point..

But to bad he car is somewhere in some scrap yard now. Cause it was running good at one point he didnt really care much about looks all he really cared about was speed. Im gonna see if i can get some pics for you guys of whats under the hood

iwinulose

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2004, 12:15:00 PM »

let me state what i ment
u would also need a duel over head cam engine with tons of horse power
and just changing the ECU settings will not, i repeat will not make it go that much faster

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2004, 12:31:00 PM »

wink.gif

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2004, 12:48:00 PM »

QUOTE (mike96sc2 @ Apr 23 2004, 09:42 PM)
I agree keeping your car looking as stock as possible is great, but I just don't know if I buy this Civic story. Everything, and i mean everything I see on this car inside and out with the exception of the Vatozone muffler screams stock. Also a DX Civic with front end damage like this one would still have an extremely savageable amount of parts I would think, especially considering a Integra engine can go for $2k+, now it's in a junkyard? If you know how to put the engine in why not take it back out and resell? I just think someone's friend watched F&F too much.

Okay, you now hit a point I didn't think of. My Probe is worth maybe 2.5K on paper. But if parted out it'd be worth a lot due to the parts that are on it. I cetainly can't imagine it taking a shot to the ass end, getting totalled out, and me not getting it back, due to the inherant value of the shit under the hood.

But my Probe does look pretty much stock, outside of rims, and maybe the A/F gauge and oil pressure gauge are visible on the A pillar through the tint. That's about all you'd see though

WaRnINg|

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2004, 01:51:00 PM »

Dam you guys are making me doubt my friend now i really want to go ask him how fast he was running. Cause to be honest im not into this whole street racing shit. Im more like a truck guy(Excursion or Cadillac) So that i can run little civic over. Maybe i just might interogate him a lil

But all the stuff that you guys are saying makes alot of sense to me. Just maybe he was saying all this shit to seem cool or what ever his reason was

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2004, 05:57:00 PM »

QUOTE (mike96sc2 @ Apr 23 2004, 10:59 PM)

There's no shame in having a normal stock car, there is shame in feeling the need to lie about it.

Very true.

One of the things I love about my Probe is that it's not as common to see a riced Probe.

I saw one at a gas station recently. Neon green, large wing, and LED washer nozzles. I was looking at it when the owner came up and said, "nice huh?" He went on to tell me his mods, (The only performance one being an exhaust), and then that his car was a "Ten Second car". Damn Vin Diesel and that fucking movie......

So I figured I'd make him feel stupid and popped my hood and started with the engine swap and that it was from a JSpec MX6, and before I could get into any reasons it was better then stock the kids says,  "Mazda engines fucking suck. You need to get a Ford engine in that. Mazda stuff is gay." I felt like grabbing him by the shirt coller and shaking him while yelling, "You're engine is made my Mazda you ignorant fuck." But instead I said, "you're the expert" and got in my car and followed him out of the lot. At the first set of lights I got next to him. He may have revved his engine. My stereo was turned up so I'll never know. But that poor bastard never had a chance. I almost wonder if it was even a V6.

WaRnINg|

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2004, 06:14:00 PM »

I think i have come to conclusion that my boy was bullshtting. But like i said  before im more of a truck guy and all i wanted to show was a couple of pics.. and i feel like shit for believing his ferrytale.

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2004, 12:35:00 AM »

QUOTE (Rylinkus @ Apr 24 2004, 02:57 AM)
Very true.

One of the things I love about my Probe is that it's not as common to see a riced Probe.

I saw one at a gas station recently. Neon green, large wing, and LED washer nozzles. I was looking at it when the owner came up and said, "nice huh?" He went on to tell me his mods, (The only performance one being an exhaust), and then that his car was a "Ten Second car". Damn Vin Diesel and that fucking movie......

So I figured I'd make him feel stupid and popped my hood and started with the engine swap and that it was from a JSpec MX6, and before I could get into any reasons it was better then stock the kids says,  "Mazda engines fucking suck. You need to get a Ford engine in that. Mazda stuff is gay." I felt like grabbing him by the shirt coller and shaking him while yelling, "You're engine is made my Mazda you ignorant fuck." But instead I said, "you're the expert" and got in my car and followed him out of the lot. At the first set of lights I got next to him. He may have revved his engine. My stereo was turned up so I'll never know. But that poor bastard never had a chance. I almost wonder if it was even a V6.

Agreed.  I think it's hilarious how people label cars and try to put them down for being foreign, ect. when what they don't realize is that they are all owned by the same company.  I have shut up a few people who gave me crap about my RX-7 and telling me how imports suck.  Imagine how they backpedaled when I gave them the link to Mazda's homepage and they saw the ford logo in the bottom right-hand corner.  laugh.gif

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2004, 01:52:00 AM »

Right, but Mazda and Ford do design seperate engines. They just use them in vehicles that are released under both Brands. This IS a Mazda engine. Not designed by Ford, but by Mazda. Well technically it was designed by Porsche, but that's a long drawn out story.

havocaose

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2004, 07:30:00 PM »

QUOTE (iwinulose @ Apr 23 2004, 01:39 AM)
let me eplain what i said before
they suck as preformace cars, they are very reliable ever day cars
u no the teenagers that TRY to hop them up, thats wat im talking about
and im very big wit cars and unless hes changed the transmition engine gotten over sized carb, NOS, new wheels and tires (not that stock crap) that car will never even come close to an 11 second 1/4 mile time
end of story  tongue.gif
smile.gif [/SIZE]

edit: font

rofl.. oversized carb... this seems just like your kinda site ---> http://www.kalecoauto.com/fluids.htm  make sure you but the "fuel injector cleaner for carburated engines" only $8.99 for a bottle.

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2004, 10:15:00 PM »

QUOTE (Rylinkus @ Apr 24 2004, 10:52 AM)
Right, but Mazda and Ford do design seperate engines. They just use them in vehicles that are released under both Brands. This IS a Mazda engine. Not designed by Ford, but by Mazda. Well technically it was designed by Porsche, but that's a long drawn out story.

That is true.  My car came out before the Tariff was introduced so the thing was actually made in Japan.  Anyways you do make a good point about how even though the companies have the same owner there can still be some major differences.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2004, 04:30:00 PM »

QUOTE (mirx999 @ Apr 28 2004, 01:26 AM)
how does that make it stupid?

If I hit a kid it might damage my front air dam or something. I don't want that.....
Pages: 1 [2] 3