xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: In Highschool And Need A Car And Broke  (Read 225 times)

Rylinkus

• Archived User
In Highschool And Need A Car And Broke
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2004, 04:53:00 PM »

QUOTE (havocaose @ Apr 21 2004, 11:28 PM)
BS.. i saw a video where they took the coolent cap off a rx-7 and redlined it for at least 3 MINUTES and the engine didn't blow

Take a look around and realize that the Mazda rotaries are wonderful engines. Great power, high revving engines. Sadly the Apex seals wear out and they blow oil. Most don't make it over 100K without issues.

I love Mazda rotaries, but you'd be a fool to call them reliable. When I was sick of my Tempo I took it to the sand pits and tore the oil pan off it by accident. Then broke a radiator hose. We banged it for almost half an hour before we eventually seized the engine. I was very impressed. And drunk. I was also drunk  beerchug.gif

But seriously, anyone who tries to claim the Mazda rotaries are reliable is a fool. As I said, I'd love an FC. I think they look sweet, and rotary engines are badass. Just not reliable.

Hopefully the new Renesis will prove to be more impressive then the earlier attempts at the rotary. The improved Apex seals and cooling should create a more reliable engine. We shall see once they get a bit older.

And the RSQ is a prototype car that they used in that "I, Robot" movie, right? I know it's wheels are complety hidden, but couldn't tell you what it has on it. Can you tell me what wheels were on the Focus FR200 prototype car? Or how bought a common car like a 93 Ford Taurus GL? Do you think ANY mechanic could tell you the wheels on a prototype car that will never see the production lines? Hell, do YOU know what wheels the Sudi RSQ has? Come on, get a clue.  dry.gif

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2004, 06:42:00 PM »

The Renesis did make some major improvements on that score.  They have stronger seals, more fuel efficient, ect.  Anyways it's not like rotary engines are pricey (comparitively).

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2004, 08:23:00 PM »

QUOTE (Rylinkus @ Apr 21 2004, 08:53 PM)
initial d cars im cool

omg nissan sileighty SR20DETT love.gif

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2004, 09:06:00 PM »

QUOTE (nemt @ Apr 22 2004, 05:23 AM)
omg nissan sileighty SR20DETT love.gif

I'd love to know where the hell you pulled that quote from smile.gif

Yeah, the Sil Eighty's pretty badass. I think most of the cars in the anime are pretty solid rides.

Toyota MR2
SilEighty
A couple of EVOs
R32
An FC and FD
Even the Trueno isn't bad

My personal fave would be the FC. I'm something of a Mazda junkie and would LOVE to get my hands on a Rotary to play with and the FC just has just aggresive looking lines.

UndercoverPunker

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2004, 10:16:00 PM »

QUOTE (xbonz00889 @ Apr 21 2004, 02:07 PM)
I love cars but I just cant get a lot of use out of them as im a avid hunter and fisher.

now that's just an excuse... I've had 5 living people in my trunk... so if they were dead I could fit 6 cause thered be no whining...  so you could fit a dead deer in the back of a caprice, lol and still have plenty of room for all your ammo.  The tent and other equipment (and guns) goes in the back seat... problem solved... biggrin.gif

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2004, 10:52:00 PM »

QUOTE (Rylinkus @ Apr 22 2004, 06:06 AM)

Yeah, the Sil Eighty's pretty badass. I think most of the cars in the anime are pretty solid rides.

Toyota MR2
SilEighty
A couple of EVOs
R32
An FC and FD
Even the Trueno isn't bad

My personal fave would be the FC. I'm something of a Mazda junkie and would LOVE to get my hands on a Rotary to play with and the FC just has just aggresive looking lines.

I want a 3rd gen but I doubt it will happen so I think I will just go with suping up my current 2nd generation RX-7.  Anyone know if I can put a 3-rotor in one of these?  I'm pretty sure you can but I just wanted to know for sure.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2004, 12:28:00 AM »

QUOTE (jesterrace777 @ Apr 22 2004, 07:52 AM)
I want a 3rd gen but I doubt it will happen so I think I will just go with suping up my current 2nd generation RX-7.  Anyone know if I can put a 3-rotor in one of these?  I'm pretty sure you can but I just wanted to know for sure.

Here ya go. For your reading enjoyment.....
http://fc3spro.com/T.../COSMO/20b.html

I hate people that swap V8 engines into thse cars. Truly ruining the car's spirit and taking the car's balance with it. The rotary is so unique. With exhaust pulses so strong, they're just asking to push a turbo. And they burn oil from almost day one. And yet rom such a tiny displacement you can create such a high revving, high horsepower engine. Good fun beerchug.gif

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2004, 12:46:00 AM »

blink.gif   I'm not really gonna do any external mods.  Maybe some rims and nice tires but that would be it.  If the 3-Rotor conversion doesn't look feasible then I might just get a 3rd generation setup (13b with twin turbos).  Oh yeah, and I will definitely be replacing the stock seals on either of those engines.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2004, 01:27:00 AM »

The 13B swap is actually more costly. Nothing bolts up. It's not the way to go....

On a side note, I'd love to get some FD rims for my Probe. They're light as hell, durable, and have the right bolt pattern. And they look pretty ecent as well.

SniperKilla

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2004, 02:52:00 AM »

go for the muscle car!!!

screw imports

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2004, 07:17:00 AM »

QUOTE (Rylinkus @ Apr 22 2004, 01:06 AM)

Yeah, the Sil Eighty's pretty badass.

The quote was sort of just a summary of your posts so far.  I really don't see the appeal of the SilEighty, it's a 240SX front with a 180SX back, because the 240SX front is easier to repair/replace when japanese idiots slam it into a guardrail in their drift races.

My car is an S14 240SX though.

havocaose

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2004, 07:52:00 AM »

QUOTE (Rylinkus @ Apr 22 2004, 01:53 AM)
I love Mazda rotaries, but you'd be a fool to call them reliable. When I was sick of my Tempo I took it to the sand pits and tore the oil pan off it by accident. Then broke a radiator hose. We banged it for almost half an hour before we eventually seized the engine. I was very impressed. And drunk. I was also drunk  beerchug.gif
And the RSQ is a prototype car that they used in that "I, Robot" movie, right? I know it's wheels are complety hidden, but couldn't tell you what it has on it. Can you tell me what wheels were on the Focus FR200 prototype car? Or how bought a common car like a 93 Ford Taurus GL? Do you think ANY mechanic could tell you the wheels on a prototype car that will never see the production lines? Hell, do YOU know what wheels the Sudi RSQ has? Come on, get a clue.  dry.gif

they are spheres... 2 days after i asked this i realized it made no sense.. but any car that can last as long as the rx7 did in that video i saw i would call reliable, aparently im a fool.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2004, 11:10:00 AM »

QUOTE (havocaose @ Apr 22 2004, 04:52 PM)
they are spheres... 2 days after i asked this i realized it made no sense.. but any car that can last as long as the rx7 did in that video i saw i would call reliable, aparently im a fool.

As a general rule they are not reliable.

As I said though, I'd still love to own one, so it's not like I'm knocking them. I'd take a nice FC Turbo 2 over my car any day.

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2004, 12:40:00 PM »

QUOTE (Rylinkus @ Apr 22 2004, 10:27 AM)
The 13B swap is actually more costly. Nothing bolts up. It's not the way to go....

On a side note, I'd love to get some FD rims for my Probe. They're light as hell, durable, and have the right bolt pattern. And they look pretty ecent as well.

How so?  My 2nd generation RX-7 has a 13b (non-turbo) engine in it.  I know it takes a bit of work to accomodate turbos but basically it is the same engine.  I don't have the old 12A or 12B engines that are in the first generation models.

moistness

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2004, 02:16:00 PM »

rolleyes.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4