xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Why Do Kids Think Rappers Like Imports?  (Read 149 times)

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
Why Do Kids Think Rappers Like Imports?
« on: March 29, 2004, 05:34:00 PM »

Just wondering, whenever i see the local burger king parking lot filled with high school kids at night they always have rap music playing and crappy japenese cars.

Its always the same kind of kids, the ones that dress and act just like rappers and think they are from then inner city. Why though? Rappers never put jap cars in their videos and never have them in their personal life. They always drive luxury cars or old musle cars.

Just ranting i guess, but it seems that these kids try to emulate everything rappers do except when it comes to cars. Just seems strange.

UndercoverPunker

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2004, 05:37:00 PM »

Cause they're dumb...

Videogamebuyer14

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2004, 07:05:00 PM »

Maybe it's because they couldn't afford the $100,000.00+ price tags on some of the nicer cars rappers get. I've seen a couple myself, like the Caddy 'scalade, and the BMW roadster...

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2004, 07:13:00 PM »

Why do you have the kind of avatar? Is it because you like it?

BTW, crappy Japanese cars? That's pretty funny when the Honda Accord and Toyota Camry are better made, and better selling cars than your Fords  laugh.gif

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2004, 04:54:00 AM »

Rappers like cadillacs and german cars, I've never seen a rapper with a rice car, probably because japanese cars are economically marketed, not performance marketed.

Japanese cars act like performance is a plus, not the main reason to purchase a car, whereas German cars ads are vice versa.

Personally, I'm going for an M3 this summer.

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2004, 06:39:00 AM »

I am not just tlaking about expensive cars like BMWs and Caddilacs, they have all kinds of cheap cars its just they are usualy an SUV, Chevelle, Nova, Cutlass. Something like that (Generaly big cars, not small japense cars).

And i assume shanafans comment was to me, but i dont like fords that much and dont know y you think i do. Also about the avatar, yes i chose it but i am not trying to emulate anyone. The crowd of kids that seem to love "rice" so much do everything to emulate rappers (including some white kids even wear do rags, and i know their not trying to grow waves).

Price i dont think matters either because some japenese cars cost as much as any car.

yosomono99

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2004, 07:00:00 AM »

What i want to know is why in the hell does a front wheel drive car need a f'ing spoiler??????????  blink.gif

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2004, 07:09:00 AM »

QUOTE (yosomono99 @ Mar 30 2004, 12:00 PM)
What i want to know is why in the hell does a front wheel drive car need a f'ing spoiler??????????  blink.gif

God...I've wondered that myself so often.

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2004, 07:17:00 AM »

QUOTE (Spency234 @ Mar 30 2004, 12:11 PM)
QUOTE (yosomono99 @ Mar 30 2004, 12:00 PM)
What i want to know is why in the hell does a front wheel drive car need a f'ing spoiler??????????  blink.gif

Why does a front wheel drive car need nice rims??

Why does a front wheel drive car need a nice paint job??

It makes the car look nice, end of story.  I don't care why spoilers were originally put on cars, they look sweet, end of story.

They don't look sweet, they look stupid.  The coffee can on your exhaust doesn't "sound" sweet either.

yosomono99

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2004, 07:22:00 AM »

But the stickers that add HP, those are kewl!!!!

laugh.gif

yosomono99

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2004, 08:14:00 AM »

Ok..Ok

Have to agree with you there.  I was making the point of the people that put the "racing spoilers" on cars that have no purpose having them.  But i do agree that the smaller more "factory" do look damn good when applied well.

iwinulose

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2004, 08:18:00 AM »

spoilers do look nice (not the 2ft high ones) but they dont do shit
i hate all of the 17 yr olds that say it gives them better down force
that bulshit cause it wont do shit till u hit 120 and when u do and u have a crappy front wheel drive Japanese car its going to take off like a plane and the front wheels will just slip and the cornering will be shit
first of all if ur going 150+ mph u need to get body work done and make it so u have lots of front downforce before you even add a wing to the back. and if ur really going to put a wing on the back it should be small and should do the job its intended for. All im saying is a 3ft high wing doesnt do shit
But i would like to have a Skyline those are the only good japanese cars
smile.gif

CamaroGuy

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2004, 08:34:00 AM »

actually at highway speeds the spoiler's help a little but you won't see all the benifits till you hit 100+ MPH's.

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2004, 11:20:00 AM »

QUOTE (CamaroGuy @ Mar 30 2004, 01:34 PM)
actually at highway speeds the spoiler's help a little but you won't see all the benifits till you hit 100+ MPH's.

Yeah...if the car is RWD or 4WD...

Liquid Oxygen

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2004, 08:39:00 AM »

dry.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3