xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How Many Watts Is Everyone Running?  (Read 150 times)

jesterrace777

• Archived User
How Many Watts Is Everyone Running?
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2004, 01:04:00 PM »

QUOTE (Ace25 @ Apr 2 2004, 09:12 PM)

And no Jester, I never got the original AMP/DVD player that was stolen back. I lost $2700 worth of equipment from the breakin and only got $1000 back from insurance, but I still went out and bought the items again to replace them. Just couldnt let the theives make me change the way I enjoy my car setup, like by replacing the stolen stuff with cheaper items. After having the indash DVD/LCD for over 3 years now, it just doesnt seem right to not have it anymore.

That sucks but I know what you mean about not being able to get by with a lesser setup.  I don't think I could get along without my subs anymore.

Zziggy00

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2004, 03:34:00 PM »

QUOTE (Rylinkus @ Apr 1 2004, 03:32 AM)
Okay, has anyone found a decent way to keep a mirror mounted to a windshield? I cannot keep the danm thing on. Has someone found some miracle product that is worlds better then the basic glass glue kit shit.

I am looking for this too, today i coated all the mirror ball joints with locktite and locktite the mirror to the front window...i'll report back with results... muhaha.gif

EvilWays

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2004, 07:49:00 PM »

Anyone ever use an Oz Audio sub? Is it any good? I'm looking for a sub to put into my '93 Metro (codename: Pork Fried) since I'm beefing it up (bigger engine, etc) and whatnot, and ran across this brand a while back while browsing thru sounddomain.com.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2004, 09:36:00 PM »

QUOTE (EvilWays @ Apr 12 2004, 04:49 AM)
Anyone ever use an Oz Audio sub? Is it any good? I'm looking for a sub to put into my '93 Metro (codename: Pork Fried) since I'm beefing it up (bigger engine, etc) and whatnot, and ran across this brand a while back while browsing thru sounddomain.com.

No idea on the amp, but let's hear some details on the engine

UndercoverPunker

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2004, 04:37:00 AM »

I think hes adding on that missing cylinder to make things even... (not ment to offend, just a joke)

And based on it's spec sheet it'll prolly sound better than any RF sub you'll find for $80 (but personally I wouldn't touch that thing with a 10ft. pole...)

EvilWays

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2004, 07:05:00 AM »

QUOTE (Rylinkus @ Apr 12 2004, 06:36 AM)
No idea on the amp, but let's hear some details on the engine

I'm swapping out the 3-cyl 1L engine (55hp, 58ft/lbs) and auto tranny and replacing it with a 4-cyl 1.3L DOHC (85-100hp, ?ft/lbs) and manual tranny from an '89-91 Suzuki Swift GTi...this is almost a straight bolt-in job as far as the engine compartment goes (one engine mount will be a bit problematic, but I've been told it'll be an easy thing to move). The hard part is making sure I have the whole wiring harness kit + ECM. I'm looking to bolt on a stage-1 turbocharger to take the engine up to ~200-250hp. What's holding me back from starting this project is I'm unable to find a machine shop that'll do the work on the engine I need (bore the cylinders from 74mm to 75mm, port & polish, shot pean, blueprint, etc.)...plus $$$. I can get the engine from a salvage yard for ~$450, but what good will it do me sitting in a corner of the garage? Of course I'd add the usual mods (K&N intake filter, Bosch Platinum +4 plugs and Premium wires, lightweight crank pulley, MSD Ignition system, bigger tires (who the fuck wants to drive on 12x5" (you read right!) tires?)...I was looking at 15x6-6.5", bodykit from SSGTi.net (Type II), and whatever else...)

I was eyeing the Oz Matrix Elite 10", but would draw a helluva lot of power, even with the bigger alternator provided by the GTi engine (the 93 Metro is rated at 55-60 amp with the stock alt.). Even if the alternator was rated at 140 amps, it'll still get smoked along with everything else drawing from it (I was looking to do a pair of subs). So I'm now looking at the Oz Vector2 V10.2-B sub.

A sub (or two) will be needed since the main speakers are 4" dia. P.O.S. which are gonna be replaced with either Infinity Kappa 42.5i or JBL Power P452 speakers (can't decide which ones would be better).

I'm thinking of having "Pork Fried" put along the top of the rear window in the "asian" lettering laugh.gif

BTW, this is for the 4-door hatchback model of Metro... ph34r.gif

Once I get this project car done, it's off to find a '72 Nova SS and do what my friend did to his (and then some).

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2004, 07:56:00 AM »

There's a couple of vry nice modded Metros out there. Greg Sharpes comes to mind. Granted he's running a similar engine setup to my Sprint with the 1L 3 cylinder and turbo. And he's pushing WAY more boost then me. I can't remember the specs, but it was sick. At one point he had his car involved in the ultimate sports car challenge or something like that. It's not as funny as it sounds. After reviewing the categories, giving the cars weight and tuning it should have been able to compete reasonably favorably in many of them. Much more so then I would have expected from a Metro.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2004, 06:09:00 PM »

smile.gif ) It's one of a kind around here. I don't know where to find productions numbers. But I love 45-50 mpg. I love a 15.7 quarter stock. I love a 3 cylinder engine beating 4 bangers and V6s. I like no one knowing what it is. It's even rarer then my buds Z06. (I didn't say better)

UndercoverPunker

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2004, 01:47:00 PM »

QUOTE (Rylinkus @ Apr 13 2004, 03:09 AM)
Any car is nothing more then a car at the end of the day. Regardless of what it is there's always something better and faster.

Umm, there are exceptions to this rule... say the Bugatti Veyron 16/4, if they ever end up working all the bugs out that is...

xboxhackern00b

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2004, 12:55:00 PM »

my cousin was running 140 decibels dont know about watts but he was the second loudest in colorado i would ask him everything he had but hes in jail now and i cant really go and ask him

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2004, 10:22:00 PM »

QUOTE (UndercoverPunker @ Apr 13 2004, 09:50 PM)
Umm, there are exceptions to this rule... say the Bugatti Veyron 16/4, if they ever end up working all the bugs out that is...

But it's still just a glorified VW. And there are certainly cars that could be faster, whether it be tock or with mods.

A Metro will always be a Metro, a Sprint a Sprint, a Probe a Probe, and a Vette a Vette. But with work any car can be just as nice as others. ANYTHING can be made fast and nice if you ant to do the work. One of my favorite car's on Probetalk is SimonTuffGuys Ford Festiva. Fully customized body kit and engine swap and lots of fun stuff. At the end of the day it IS still a Fetiva. And normally most cars on the road are nicer then a Festiva. But his is more then impressive and I don't think anyone would be able to say it's a lame car because it's "Just a Festiva".

With the right work, anything can be fast, anything can be cool, and anything can be nice. It's all a matter of what you do with your car.

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2004, 02:33:00 AM »

I was actually considering getting one of those (for gas mileage).  Can you add a turbo to one (like your turbo sprint)?  That would be friggin' hilarious to see a Ford Festiva beat the shit out of all of the punks behind the wheels of Riced out Honda Civics.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2004, 08:19:00 PM »

QUOTE (jesterrace777 @ Jul 29 2004, 10:36 AM)
I was actually considering getting one of those (for gas mileage).  Can you add a turbo to one (like your turbo sprint)?  That would be friggin' hilarious to see a Ford Festiva beat the shit out of all of the punks behind the wheels of Riced out Honda Civics.

You can swap the Mazda B6T engine into the Festiva. Google "Fastiva" and youll see a website about it.

Psilocybe

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2004, 11:09:00 PM »

or do a search on cardomain.com for the ford "PIMPtiva" that thing is rediculous

in all honesty though, 20watts is all you need.....

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2004, 03:12:00 PM »

QUOTE (Psilocybe @ Aug 15 2004, 07:12 AM)
or do a search on cardomain.com for the ford "PIMPtiva" that thing is rediculous

in all honesty though, 20watts is all you need.....

It's Simon's car. Also seen at

http://www.pimptiva.com/
Pages: 1 [2]