xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Car Decks  (Read 146 times)

Liquid Oxygen

• Archived User
Car Decks
« on: March 21, 2004, 10:57:00 AM »

Everyone talks how Alpine is the best and they are pretty damn good but I also like the new Pioneer's on the market for the 2004 models.

Here's my fav one:

http://www.futuresho...d=&newdeptid=9#

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Car Decks
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2004, 11:06:00 AM »

I've been big on JVC stuff since I started doing car stereos. I think if you go high end you're going to be happy with most brands. Alpine may VERY well be the better then JVC. But the speakers and amp in my car don't let me hear any perceivable difference. So I'll stand by my JVC. I don't like MP3 players myself. Everyone I've ever had skipped horribly.

Liquid Oxygen

• Archived User
Car Decks
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2004, 11:08:00 AM »

Yah I stuck a JVC deck in my moms car and it sounds pretty good with the stock speakers.  One thing I've always liked about JVC is the build of their decks.  The buttons and dials always feel solid.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Car Decks
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2004, 11:14:00 AM »

The only negative thing I can say about a JVC is that some overheat. Or so I've heard. Mine never have though, and I've been through a few. I won't say every stereo is equal. But I don't think 250 Alpine is better then a 250 JVC or Kenwood or Pioneer. If you buy a 80 Sony Explode from walmart you get a cheap CD player. If you buy a 200-300 dollar stereo you get a much nicer stereo that puts out better sound and has better features. It's really about what you want or need from your stereo. I can't say an Alpine has ever impressed me more then other brands.

Liquid Oxygen

• Archived User
Car Decks
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2004, 11:18:00 AM »

Yah they do run really warm.  After playing the JVC for around 30 min and I touch the screen it feels like it can burn you.

ocojaa

• Archived User
Car Decks
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2004, 01:43:00 PM »

This is what's in my car right now. Had it almost two years now, I think. It's starting to have trouble ejecting CDs sometimes. Other than that it's good. Oh, and the "DIM" feature is nowhere near dim enough, it lights up the whole car.

Perplexer

• Recovered User
Car Decks
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2004, 08:12:00 AM »

I've always been a Pioneer fan for quality gear at a decent price.

I've got a Pioneer DEH-P5500MP, works like a champ, great sound quality, and I've never had an MP3 skip or stutter.

Installed an IP-Bus aux input adapter in the glove box for easy RCA-input and expandability (XM anyone?) and currently have a Belkin auto kit for my iPod (just plug one cable into the iPod and it charges AND provides line-out into my head unit)

Plus a steering wheel remote which sometimes works great, and other times just doesn't have the range it really needs...

UndercoverPunker

• Archived User
Car Decks
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2004, 04:05:00 PM »

Blaupunkt San Francisco CD72, or the new one Blaupunkt made, or the Alpine W/O an internal amp...

I love my CD72, all the figures you'll see are not correct... that thing sounds so much better than every other head unit I've ever had... too bad the 33 watts RMS/65 peak isn't enough for ANY of my speakers....

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Car Decks
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2004, 03:07:00 PM »

Blaupunkt has some very nice sounding and looking stuff.

UndercoverPunker

• Archived User
Car Decks
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2004, 05:11:00 PM »

Yeah, I love my San Francisco, so many controls...  Looks nice and clean too, not all jumbled up with buttons...

Liquid Oxygen

• Archived User
Car Decks
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2004, 08:43:00 AM »

^ Most places are clearing out the very last boxes of last years models, you should take a look into a Rockford 2003 model, you could prob get for a good price.  I have an Alpine powering my 2 10" subs right now and I'm satisfied.

jesterrace777

• Archived User
Car Decks
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2004, 07:29:00 PM »

Eclipse or Clarion are my two votes.  The only thing I hate about the Eclipse decks is no detachable faces.  Yeah I know they have the whole Satellite network thing but it doesn't work that great.  As far as the sound goes though they are unbelieveable.  Clarion isn't too bad either.  I don't like Pioneer decks at all.

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
Car Decks
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2004, 08:47:00 PM »

QUOTE (jesterrace777 @ Apr 4 2004, 05:29 AM)
Eclipse or Clarion are my two votes.  The only thing I hate about the Eclipse decks is no detachable faces.  Yeah I know they have the whole Satellite network thing but it doesn't work that great.  As far as the sound goes though they are unbelieveable.  Clarion isn't too bad either.  I don't like Pioneer decks at all.

What satellite network?

jesterrace777

• Archived User
Car Decks
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2004, 09:30:00 PM »

ESN. Eclipse Security network.  Heh.  I was more than a little off the mark with that one.  Someone misinformed me on it.  Here is what it really does:

For security, the unit uses ESN (Eclipse Security Network). This is a system that uses a Key CD, which is needed to reactivate the unit in case of power loss or removal from vehicle. If the Key CD is not inserted, the deck will not operate. After 10 failed attempts, the deck has to be returned to the factory to be reset. It is a clever and effective theft deterrent, and you don't have to carry your faceplate around when you leave the vehicle. Another nice security feature is the ability to display the serial number of the unit by pressing a combination of buttons.

UndercoverPunker

• Archived User
Car Decks
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2004, 08:32:00 PM »

Mine lists some where between $750-850, didn't pay that much, Mine has a removable security card, that does the same thing, but I still don't leave the face on there, cause just cause they won't ever be able to make it work again, doesn't mean they won't fuck you car up and take it anyway...
Pages: [1] 2