xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 92' Silverado  (Read 85 times)

Rasker

• Archived User
92' Silverado
« on: March 20, 2004, 05:54:00 AM »

smile.gif

shadowarachh

• Archived User
92' Silverado
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2004, 05:02:00 PM »

if ive got the right truck in my head then the two top speaker grilles pop off and there are 4x6 there and then there are 2 4x6 in the rear. those are a royal pain in the ass to get out.  pull out the center piece of plastic across the back. then unbolt seat belts, pull out a few more screws, take off the upper cross plastice and they are in the "b" pillars. if it were me id snag some nice fronts , disconnect the backs and put a new radio and sub in.

Rasker

• Archived User
92' Silverado
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2004, 06:34:00 AM »

smile.gif
Any suggestions on unbolting the seatbelts? Ive done scarred up my hands trying to loosen them.  mad.gif
Next question, I was going to replace the speakers with these:http://www.xplodsony.com/products/?CATEGORY=Speakers&MD=XS-W4621

Would I need an amp?  uhh.gif

Speaking of putting in subs, I have thought of the idea. Im worried about space issues. Ive looked behind the seat and there isnt much room at all. I already had the idea of getting a fiberglass bed cover and putting some cheap carpet in the bed and setting a ported box back there with 2 15s and putting the amp behind the seat. If not that, I would look into a Bass Bazooka. Anyone heard one in action? Is it better than having speakers?