xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Building A Warthog  (Read 209 times)

OrangE_BeasT

• Archived User
Building A Warthog
« on: January 20, 2004, 07:39:00 PM »

so I'm gonna make a warthog for my senior project in High School. I was looking at the pic with the four warthogs lined up... user posted imageand I decided that I was gonna take the basic warthog and take of the gun :'( (so I can drive it to school) and give it the gullwing doors from the snow one (so it's not as easy to steal...) then I was looking at the troop carrier (the one on the far right) and thought about how badass the canvas covered rollbar would look on the snow warthog if you just made the roofline flush then a 90 degree drop at the back. if anyone has suggestions, comments or questions post them here... I'll post actual pics of the construction as work progresses... but I can't start work until this summer as I am only a Junior.

ZaPhOd

• Archived User
Building A Warthog
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2004, 07:40:00 PM »

Your sig just made me pee my pants.

OrangE_BeasT

• Archived User
Building A Warthog
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2004, 07:43:00 PM »

thanks... I dunno if you've been checking other forums but my xbox is broken right now... and until I get it fixed I will have to postpone the snowball fight because that was my testing machine... :'(

DermicSavage

• Archived User
Building A Warthog
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2004, 07:48:00 PM »

heh damn u got senoir projects too ic

i like the idea, but that will take a LONG time

i have to do 15 hrs job shadowing and/or make something, we get more info next week on what to do specifically
but right now it sux for me as i doubt any programming firm nearby will let me shadow one of their programmers(or slap me with a heavy NDA or contract saying i cant program for x years)

and well making a program is quite difficult, but if i had a team of people i could prolly make a good game or some other program in about a month's time

ZaPhOd

• Archived User
Building A Warthog
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2004, 07:56:00 PM »

I just remembered why I don't miss high school.

OrangE_BeasT

• Archived User
Building A Warthog
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2004, 08:00:00 PM »

yeah... sr project's suck... but this is a good excuse to destroy a car and make a warthog. as for time... it'll take about a year... which is why I want to start this summer as that is the earliest we can start senior projects (I'm still a Junior) but I want to make this very detailed... like adding the winch and wheels and if time and money allow... 4 wheel steering. but probably not... I'll post videos too.

Cerebro

• Archived User
Building A Warthog
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2004, 09:23:00 AM »

Sweetness.

I wish we had a senior project. sad.gif

Syrus

• Archived User
Building A Warthog
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2004, 11:16:00 AM »

With enough time, money, patience, and resources, that would make one hell of a project.
beerchug.gif

DermicSavage

• Archived User
Building A Warthog
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2004, 02:05:00 PM »

QUOTE (Hoppy @ Jan 21 2004, 11:29 AM)
They actually make you do shit for your Senior year?  The most I really had to do was, well....nothing really.  Just show up.

yea and my skool is fuckin cheap, instead of hiring janitors to clean shit, they send the detention kids to do it(they have 2 hour detentions on weekdays, and 4 hour detentions on saturday mad.gif)

Fuzzy

• Recovered User
Building A Warthog
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2004, 02:53:00 PM »

I can't find the link right now, but you could always wait for that new concept car to finish. The one that looks ALOT like the warthog (only styling  cool.gif ) and then just say you built it  rolleyes.gif  laugh.gif

ocojaa

• Archived User
Building A Warthog
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2004, 03:23:00 PM »

QUOTE (Fuzzy @ Jan 21 2004, 07:53 PM)
I can't find the link right now, but you could always wait for that new concept car to finish. The one that looks ALOT like the warthog (only styling  cool.gif ) and then just say you built it  rolleyes.gif  laugh.gif

Only problem is that's a concept which may never see the light of day as production vehicle.
But who knows, they've (car companies) produced much more radical ideas.

penguin318

• Archived User
Building A Warthog
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2004, 06:35:00 AM »

i dont think u realize how hard of a project this would be (mainly the gull wing). i worked @ for a company that made trucks that ppl in wheel chairs could drive(www.kvb.ca) and there is alot of work that goes into making a gull wing that will actually work. not to mention all the other stuff u have to figure out. but if ur serious and u run into any probs gimme a shout(lesson 1 a 12v window motor can be ur best friend to bring the gull wing up and down)

Wartorment

• Archived User
Building A Warthog
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2004, 02:30:00 PM »

QUOTE (OrangE_BeasT @ Jan 21 2004, 05:39 AM)
so I'm gonna make a warthog for my senior project in High School. I was looking at the pic with the four warthogs lined up... user posted imageand I decided that I was gonna take the basic warthog and take of the gun :'( (so I can drive it to school) and give it the gullwing doors from the snow one (so it's not as easy to steal...) then I was looking at the troop carrier (the one on the far right) and thought about how badass the canvas covered rollbar would look on the snow warthog if you just made the roofline flush then a 90 degree drop at the back. if anyone has suggestions, comments or questions post them here... I'll post actual pics of the construction as work progresses... but I can't start work until this summer as I am only a Junior.

How did you make the 3 Warthhogs on the right, because they sure as hell aren't in Halo.

Fuzzy

• Recovered User
Building A Warthog
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2004, 03:57:00 PM »

*Sigh* Concept warthog designs for halo 2

OrangE_BeasT

• Archived User
Building A Warthog
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2004, 07:17:00 PM »

I didn't make those they are from OXM (Official Xbox Magazine).

The gullwings are gonna be pretty easy, I drive a S-10 Blazer and plan on using the actuators that hold the glass window up in back. (the gullwings are gonna be fiberglass and plexiglass)

for those of you who didn't have Sr. projects... I hate you.

******NOTE TO ADMINS: would anyone care if I put X-S decals on the doors?******
Pages: [1] 2