xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Car Theft...  (Read 150 times)

RiceCake

• Archived User
Car Theft...
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2004, 11:48:00 AM »

'Eh must be second then.

I know we used to be GTA capital...

(DAMN! Forgot and double posted. Sorry!)

RiceCake

• Archived User
Car Theft...
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2004, 11:56:00 AM »

smile.gif. Worked for everyone on that list, hasn't been touched since.

Besides, if your vehicle gets stolen here, like I said, alot of people almost expect this to happen at least once. Hopefully they don't keep anything important in their car, else then your really fucked. Besides its cooler to work on your car and talk with the guys at the bodyshops around town (Lol, I know a few...) then to have to go out and buy new CD's or buy another discman, which insurance doesn't cover I think.

EvilWays

• Archived User
Car Theft...
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2004, 06:28:00 AM »

QUOTE (DermicSavage @ Jan 11 2004, 06:26 AM)
my car borke down just south of LA, i had to pull over on to the side of the freeway, i couldnt call in a truck to tow it so i called my friend to give me a ride home...

i go back a week later with a truck to get it back, and i swear all that was left was the shell mad.gif

Luckily you weren't in Camden, NJ...wouldn't take more than a few hours there, and they take their cynder blocks back... ph34r.gif

neosnightmare

• Archived User
Car Theft...
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2004, 02:35:00 PM »

i live in staten island, ny and i no that we dont rank up there that well with car theft. however, near my house theres a pier. when u look into the water or when its low tide, u can c axels and engines and tires and shit. madd funny when ur bored.

Liquid Oxygen

• Archived User
Car Theft...
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2004, 10:47:00 AM »

Nadalin's comments come hot on the heels of Surrey's placement as the car theft capital of North America per capita. In 2001, more than 6,000 vehicles were stolen in Surrey.

Plus Surrey was just recently given an even better title.  Car theft capital of the English Speaking world.  

Plus the mall thats 15 minutes from my house has the most car thefts in the parking lot then any other mall in Western Canada.

So I gotta be paranoid every time I leave my car anywhere.  I'm thinking of removing my battery every time I leave the car  laugh.gif    

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Car Theft...
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2004, 11:16:00 AM »

Put a kill switch under the hood or something. Just turn power to the ignition off. It's not too hard.

Liquid Oxygen

• Archived User
Car Theft...
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2004, 11:19:00 AM »

QUOTE (Rylinkus @ Mar 21 2004, 01:16 PM)
Put a kill switch under the hood or something. Just turn power to the ignition off. It's not too hard.

Well yah.. I do have a pager alarm and kill switch and a club but those are all detourants still... car thieves are getting smarter and smarter.  Hopefully they will just look at my car and move on to someone without all that stuff though...

Brett noonan

• Archived User
Car Theft...
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2004, 07:42:00 PM »

QUOTE (Liquid Oxygen @ Mar 21 2004, 12:47 PM)
^ for anyone who said they live in the car theft capital of the world... I don't think so.  That title belongs to me.  Surrey. BC, Canada (suburb of Vancouver).

Proof
Nadalin's comments come hot on the heels of Surrey's placement as the car theft capital of North America per capita. In 2001, more than 6,000 vehicles were stolen in Surrey.

Plus Surrey was just recently given an even better title.  Car theft capital of the English Speaking world.  

Plus the mall thats 15 minutes from my house has the most car thefts in the parking lot then any other mall in Western Canada.

So I gotta be paranoid every time I leave my car anywhere.  I'm thinking of removing my battery every time I leave the car  laugh.gif

hahaha! good ol surrey for ya. i lived there but move to langley, went from car theft capital to the weed capital of bc! the 8 of the top 10 places to get your car stolen from are in the parking lot of my sisters work. her car is still fine though.
Pages: 1 [2]