xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Beat A Speeding Ticket....  (Read 319 times)

tupac

• Archived User
Beat A Speeding Ticket....
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2003, 05:24:00 PM »

QUOTE (lookformeb @ Sep 30 2003, 08:11 PM)
here, i did it in the courtroom.  just went in there and he asks what you plea.  i said guilty, and he said he'd remove it as long as i agreed to pay court costs.  112 in court costs and the ticket was for 115...lol.  at least it not on my driving record.

as for you who think paying 8 dollars more is going to prevent a ticket from being reported to the insurance agencies... you're wrong.  very wrong... so wrong, it's stupid.  dry.gif

ok, but did u have to plead guilty BEFORE he offered a plea bargain?  that doesnt make much sense...i dont wanna plead guilty and have the prosecutor say fuck u when i ask for a plea bargain.    i wanna go in there and ask for a plea bargain, and if he doesnt accept it plead not guilty.......

and do any of u know what the fine is for 17 mph over?

edit: ok one otehr thing...does the court usually have a prosecutor in there? i just talked to my dad and he says there wasnt any prosecutor to plea bargain with when he got a ticket....he was just asked what he plead, and if niot guilty go to another court, and if guilty he gets ticket fines and points without any chance of plea bargaining.......

Hoppy

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2003, 06:32:00 PM »

QUOTE (tupac @ Sep 30 2003, 09:24 PM)
edit: ok one otehr thing...does the court usually have a prosecutor in there? i just talked to my dad and he says there wasnt any prosecutor to plea bargain with when he got a ticket....he was just asked what he plead, and if niot guilty go to another court, and if guilty he gets ticket fines and points without any chance of plea bargaining.......

It's just traffic court.  They don't have a prosecutor.

Gonefission

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2003, 06:57:00 PM »

If a cop is behind you or in an on comming lane can he/she tell how fast you are going, or do they have to be stopped to get your speed?

tupac

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2003, 07:27:00 PM »

QUOTE (Hoppy @ Oct 1 2003, 02:32 AM)
QUOTE (tupac @ Sep 30 2003, 09:24 PM)

It's just traffic court.  They don't have a prosecutor.

so what were these people talking about plea bargaining?  who do u plea bargain with?

poiygon

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2003, 08:34:00 PM »

If it's your first moving violation this year, you can go to traffic school to get the fine reduced and no points taken from your license. Thing that sucks is the reduction is only a little more than what traffic school will cost you. Good thing is your insurance won't go up.

tupac

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2003, 08:40:00 PM »

QUOTE (poiygon @ Oct 1 2003, 04:34 AM)
If it's your first moving violation this year, you can go to traffic school to get the fine reduced and no points taken from your license. Thing that sucks is the reduction is only a little more than what traffic school will cost you. Good thing is your insurance won't go up.

ok, but how do i do thi? they're saying its just a judge....do i make the deal with him after i already admit guilt or what? can anyone whose been throught his explain plz.........

poiygon

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2003, 08:57:00 PM »

Municipal Court doesn't put you before a judge unless you plead "not guilty". You can go to court any time before your court date and plead "guilty" or "no contest" and pay the fine. At that time, the clerk will give you the option to go to traffic school and pay a reduced fine once traffic school has been completed.

Wong Hung Lo

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2003, 02:11:00 AM »

QUOTE (CamJ256 @ Oct 1 2003, 12:44 AM)
disclaimer: im to lazy to read through everyones posts but if this hasnt been said heres my advice

my advice: If your worried bout insurance going up u can opt to pay double the fine and it will be cleared from your record.

story time: A friend of mine had a highly modified accord and was going 140 on the highway late at night because he was going to be late for his curfue and a biker cop was sitting on the side and he flew past. The cop got him in a sec and bam 800 ticket. lol. so he had to pay double for the fine to be cleard and sell his car to help pay for it.

In Michigan going that fast is a not a civil infraction. It's just as bad as drunk driving and they will throw your ass in jail. It's wreckless driving. It's either a felony or a misdomeaner. I remember a cop telling me anything over 120 is a felony.

Tupac.
I don't know how it is in your state but in Michigan we go before a magistrate who is a judge that deals with just traffic stuff. Differant countys have their own ways of dealing with you.  After calling the phone number on the ticket I set up a day to contest my ticket. Then on that day I went before the magistrate in their chambers. Then you can fight it and say you didn't do it or for example say like I did that the big tires I put on my Blazer threw off my speedometer. They could give you a deal where they say to pay a defective equipment ticket which has no points. Give you a warning and if you don't get a ticket for a year the ticket will be dropped. Or you could have the option to plea to slower speed like 5 over. The odds are if you haven't had alot of tickets then you will get off easy. But if you are a young kid with lots of points on your license. They will stick it to you up the ass and send you to traffic school, restrict or revoke your license. After that you couldn't afford insurance.

The courts nowadays are so perverted away from what they are supposed to be. It's now a money making business. In criminal court they would rather fine you and put you on probation to make money. The same goes for traffic court. All they care is that they can make a buck. They don't care if it's for doing your 75 in a 55 zone or for what you can get it plead down to. As long as they can make the the same amount of money or more from the original fine on the ticket. They will be happy.

tupac

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2003, 09:31:00 PM »

ok, fyi i live in ohio....i have no other tickets, 17, no other legal trouble......so i plead guilty the magistrate will then offer the plea bargain probably since i dont have a bad record? then i can just go to driving school to not get any points, reduce the ticket and not let insurance know....this sound good?

kard63

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2003, 10:31:00 PM »

Next time you get pulled over have you GF give the cop head and he will not write the ticket.

TheOtherBob

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2003, 01:20:00 PM »

QUOTE (Gonefission @ Oct 1 2003, 03:57 AM)
If a cop is behind you or in an on comming lane can he/she tell how fast you are going, or do they have to be stopped to get your speed?

No they can be moving.  My father in-law is on the force in CO.  He was telling me how some of their state trooper radars can clock 4 cars at once.  One in front and behind.  Plus it can do the oncoming car AND the one that just went the other way.

-to the original poster-

You might look into whether it is a city fine or not.  Some cities (one here in MN does it) now just make you pay the fine directly to the city and it doesn't get reported.  Can't remember what they call it..... but I saw it on the news one day........

But then again.... you were speeding.... wink.gif

Good luck!

Gonefission

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2003, 04:05:00 PM »

Thanks for the info TheOtherBob

explicitlyrics100

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2003, 05:38:00 PM »

QUOTE (Xeero @ Sep 30 2003, 03:28 AM)
I'm in Massachusetts, and I've beat 2 out of my 3 tickets with sheer bullshitting (the 3rd I just paid because I didn't feel like going to court).

I've heard you can do the following:
Compose a form requesting the paperwork documenting the last time that radar gun was calibrated and validated.  Copy it 10 times or so.  Send all via certified mail with return receipt.  If any slip through the cracks or are misplaced, you go into court with a report from the USPS saying you were denied the information.  I don't know if it's subject to state regulations, but I've been told the judge has to throw it out if you were denied that information.

lol surely the cost of all that recorded post is more than the speeding ticket itself!??!

mempHis

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2003, 06:29:00 PM »

best way to not get a speeding ticket

drive into a rough estate, nail it up backstreets.

or if you have a shitty car

head for the roads with speed bumpas and try to get your car to take off, police wont go fast down roads with speed bumps

as for estates good when they don't know their way around..

Inexistence

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2003, 10:27:00 AM »

call points!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4