xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: What Would You Pick  (Read 432 times)

hedstrosity

• Archived User
What Would You Pick
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2003, 03:00:00 PM »

toykilla

• Archived User
What Would You Pick
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2003, 03:06:00 PM »

sorry but i have lost respect for "american muscle"

lets see, where to start...  

1. instead of optimizing engine performance, lets just make the engine bigger.  more gas=faster.. i guess that is logical. I guess i can see where the american engineers came up with that.

2. build quality, OMG... american cars fall apart. there is no grounds to argue against that. Show me an 8 year old trans am (daily driver) that doesnt rattle like a can of coffee beans. this goes for "high end" american cars also,, cadillac (aka, chevy with high price tag)

3. for all those ignorant bastards that say putting turbos, superchargers and NOS on cars is cheap horsepower... the technology is there so why not use it??   If u argue agains that, take out your fuel injection and replace with carb, throw away your computer and get a typewriter, throw away your microwave and use a BBQ-pit... i think u get my point.

2003 nissan 350z

jasonmvt

• Archived User
What Would You Pick
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2003, 03:09:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

hedstrosity

• Archived User
What Would You Pick
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2003, 03:13:00 PM »

QUOTE (toykilla @ Mar 31 2003, 03:06 PM)

2003 nissan 350z

???
is that something special or something?

Icculus

• Archived User
What Would You Pick
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2003, 03:33:00 PM »

rolleyes.gif

I say WRX no doubt. Remember, we're talking about a daily driver here...for a girl. I doubt a chick is gonna want to drive around an american muscle car, and they aren't the best daily drivers anyway...power aside, can't argue there.

While its true that the AWD tranny on a WRX busts sometimes, it happens- as you said- on the track in a drag race. If you want proof, read car and driver's long distance (30k?) WRX torture test. Hell, read any car publication's WRX reviews...that is one AWESOME car.

Show her caranddriver.com if shes worried about reliability. 10 best.  cool.gif

hedstrosity

• Archived User
What Would You Pick
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2003, 03:40:00 PM »

theres no doubt the wrx is a great all around car.
im sure that new lancer is too....
id get the wrx if i was stuck in those options

focusracer1

• Archived User
What Would You Pick
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2003, 06:47:00 PM »

blink.gif Damn!!!!!!!! blink.gif

Anyone see that video blink.gif

That Chevy Z-28  pop.gif 'd that Toyota Supra.  Didn't see that coming   laugh.gif

loai

• Archived User
What Would You Pick
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2003, 07:38:00 PM »

jester.gif

smokeingit

• Archived User
What Would You Pick
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2003, 08:04:00 PM »

QUOTE (loai @ Mar 31 2003, 08:38 PM)
You boys playing with your little toy cars. Try a 1999 Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4 Twin Turbo. I guarantee you it will take on all of you guy's is Civic's jester.gif

the downfall to those vr4's is theyre heavy as hell. they respond well to mods, but i think theyre pushing approx. 3,800 lbs.
that poor supra got its ass kicked in that video  beerchug.gif   ...
american muscle for life  flamethrower.gif

focusracer1

• Archived User
What Would You Pick
« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2003, 11:41:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

AdmStng

• Archived User
What Would You Pick
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2003, 12:04:00 AM »

QUOTE (hedstrosity @ Mar 31 2003, 05:00 PM)
RIGHT CLICK, SAVE AS

good video

LS1's!!!!  lot's of ls1 racing vids floating around file shares... anyone see a transam smoke 2 ninja's on the highway... sick $hit...

jesterrace777

• Archived User
What Would You Pick
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2003, 12:11:00 AM »

I am torn because I like old American Muscle cars but at the same time I love the imports.  I have yet to do anything to my '88 RX-7 but I can't wait to turn it into a "sleeper". I think the thing that interests me the most are those who throw shortblock Chevy V8s into the RX-7s. I saw a second generation RX-7 with one of these engines in it which didn't have any kind of external mods (except for the exhaust) and it looked just like a stock RX-7. Pop the hood however and you will find a 425hp beast. It kills Mustangs and Corvettes without a glance and as far as handling goes can run circles around them. My dream would be to replace the 13B Rotary engine with the new RX-8 250hp Renesis Rotary engine. Something about having a 10,500RPM redline appeals to me, and I would also like to have the 6 speed tranny that is going in the RX-8. For design I don't care much for the RX-8 but the mechanics of it are awesome. Add a Supercharger or Turbo to the thing and you will have a pretty quick vehicle. I wouldn't mind having an old American Classic as a project car though. I would love to get ahold of an Oldsmobile 442 and have the thrill of an engine that screams but I guess I'm just dreaming *sigh*.

N00bvin

• Archived User
What Would You Pick
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2003, 12:26:00 AM »

I voted for the Focus...

Cause that's what I GOT!!!  I'm the next Colin mofo McRae!

sith

• Archived User
What Would You Pick
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2003, 12:47:00 AM »

Yeah i took the wrx for sure. but if u where smart u would have made it an sti,
user posted image

actually, this is the sti i was driving yesterday.. its my father-in-law, John Paynter's, him and his brother are 2000 and 2001 canadian national champions. I can pull a 2:12 at AMP where he gets a 1:51.

user posted image
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]