xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: What Would You Pick  (Read 423 times)

DaGamePimp

• Archived User
What Would You Pick
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2003, 11:36:00 AM »

Well I own a Civic Si-R spec so I am partial to Honda/Acura . I would buy the Acura RSX-S from the above listed choices . Toyota is built very well but I just hate the new body style of the Celica GT . The WRX is SaWeet but too many horror stories from buddies that have owned them . Actually given the choice I would try to find a 2001 Acura Type-R in mint condition smile.gif .
---DGP---

LepPpeR

• Archived User
What Would You Pick
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2003, 11:39:00 AM »

I would like a Mistubishi Lancer Evo VII which has arrived in the states.

It is a beautiful car.

Mage

• Archived User
What Would You Pick
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2003, 11:45:00 AM »

Yeah I perfer sleepers.
Don't need all that junk, just changes that make the car perform better.

R0GER_M007RE

• Archived User
What Would You Pick
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2003, 11:49:00 AM »

The Ford Focus! beerchug.gif

J.P. Patches

• Archived User
What Would You Pick
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2003, 12:06:00 PM »

I might actually buy a Civic SI-R in the next couple of years, but I'd pick the Acura from that list.

socrates

• Archived User
What Would You Pick
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2003, 12:06:00 PM »

None of the above, sorry ,if i wanted to drive a crap car i would buy one of those but im into mucle cars wink.gif......the dodge charger, or an old 68 dodge dart with a hemi sqeezed in wink.gif

AdmStng

• Archived User
What Would You Pick
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2003, 12:15:00 PM »

|
|
|
|
V

Audiracer

• Archived User
What Would You Pick
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2003, 12:28:00 PM »

By far the best car out of those is the Subaru WRX !!!
A Celica and a Matrix are the same thing only the Celica is slightly lighter, but still just "ite".  
The Acura RSX is good but noway better than a WRX!  
And the Focus, comeon you don't even want to get me started on an American car, trying to copy a Japanese car, who try to copy the Germans cars.

Im kinda partial to German cars as they are the best "all around" engineered cars and also because I drive an 98 Audi A4 quattro (hooked up).
But anyway, deffinatly tell her to get the Subaru! Out of those chooses its BY FAR the best one! It comes with a turbo, an intercooler, and all wheel drive.
IMO the Subaru is still a poor mans Audi but thats not to disrespect the Subaru as I would totaly own one myself.
Maybe a better way to put it is the Subaru is less refined, classy, than an Audi.

I always keep my eyes on the new cars coming out and my realistic picks would go something like this:

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 8
Subaru WRX (sti)
New Audi A4 1.8t or a used S4 (can't beat a 2.7 twin turbo, intercooled, AWD car!)
Acura RSX
Nissan 350 Z

AdmStng

• Archived User
What Would You Pick
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2003, 12:33:00 PM »

whats wrong with some of you.. what ever happen to american muscle? V8's! all the mustangs, camaro's. trans-am's, and all the older american muscle.. i don't see putting money into somthign slow to make it fast? get somthing fast and make it faster!! when i had a mustang (stock at one point) i beat honda's spraying NOS, and they must of dumped 1,000's of buck in them..

jesterrace777

• Archived User
What Would You Pick
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2003, 12:46:00 PM »

Okay I would take the WRX myself since it comes with a stock turbo and is awesome for multiple purposes. I wouldn't take either a Honda or an Acura as I have seen the quality and duribility of the cars go downhill. My GF has a '95 civic and it has almost as much trouble as my '88 RX-7. They are still great cars but for the two choices she gave I would definitely convince her to take the Celica GT-S those little bastards are pretty quick and something about having a 6 speed tranny just sounds cool (unless she is completely retarded and gets one with an automatic *gag*).  Try to talk her into the WRX but if not then sell her on the Toyota Celica. Also tell her if she doesn't believe you about Subarus being good cars show her how Car and Driver stacks up the WRX with european luxury sedans that are twice as expensive.

AdmStng

• Archived User
What Would You Pick
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2003, 12:54:00 PM »

wink.gif

AdmStng

• Archived User
What Would You Pick
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2003, 01:04:00 PM »

smile.gif

AdmStng

• Archived User
What Would You Pick
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2003, 01:21:00 PM »

QUOTE (Mage @ Mar 31 2003, 03:12 PM)
QUOTE (AdmStng @ Mar 31 2003, 02:04 PM)
any one can throw a super charger or turbo on a car.. give me a impart car that is naturally inspired (no NOS, turbos, superchargers) that runs better than 11.5... i know i can show you many many V8's that can run alot better 11.5 ALL natual.. really give me a link with a better time than 11.5.. and if you want i'll show you times of a v8.. smile.gif

Many Japanese engines are designed with turbo.
The Nissan r34 skyline engine is twin turbo stock.
You can't just say take away your turbo, how about then we say you can only have a v4? tongue.gif
Same idea, you're limiting what the engine was designed for.
Course the skyline might have better handling also...but that's a whole different story wink.gif

unsure.gif ...but this is my point... the v8 cars are more powerful...  biggrin.gif  and yes your right about the handling..

focusracer1

• Archived User
What Would You Pick
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2003, 01:27:00 PM »

biggrin.gif
user posted image
To the left is a 16 gallon fuel cell made by RCI. The blue cube is a Moroso sealed battery box with an Optima battery. Both of these are vented out of the hatch via hoses through the lower trunk.

Maybe I should have added this to the poll...LOL laugh.gif

Audiracer

• Archived User
What Would You Pick
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2003, 01:32:00 PM »

Im with you Mage, you cant just say "give me an N/A import car, then we'll race".
You have to compare cars for what they are.
Not to mention Many american mucsle cars use turbos and supercharges, so dont give me that shit.
I'd rather start off with a Slower car than you, that stock out Handles yours, and with a little $ $moke the shit out your Heavy, Ugly, gas Waisting, Only go fast off the line car.

Why not take a look at an Audi S4 huh?
250hp stock, 258 lb-ft torque, 5v per cyclinder, twin turbo, intercooled, and AWD. Then....
Drop out the turbos and replace them with a Slightly larger pair, a chip, intake, and exhaust and ull have a car with 450 hp that will dump on ur car in every way. Looks better, Handles better, Faster, I mean you're beat.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5