xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Street Racers  (Read 342 times)

zizux

• Archived User
Street Racers
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2002, 04:44:00 PM »

race gas would be anything other then fuel you can pump (91-93) depending on where you live maybe even 100.

IE if I was going to buy race gas at the track it would be 110, 115 both with lead.  Unleaded is usualy a little harder to come by (at race tracks) but can be found around the city.

Running race gas in a basicaly stock car with not do jack for you...  *Unless you advance your timming for it.  And still the gains are not realy noticable.

My comment was due to the fact that I can only assume he is making all his power with a turbo. And race gas allows you to run higher boost = more power.  

BTW I am also at 4200 FT. so my times would be much faster at sea level.

Potenza

• Archived User
Street Racers
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2002, 04:54:00 PM »

The only place where you hould race is on a closed track. Against people with similar cars. That's the only way to tell who is the better driver.

I can drive 240 kmh on a normal road as well, i can race my 250 BHP car on the streets, but it doesn't make me feel more important, and it will not give me a kick.

However: racing in a 140 HP Renault against 40 other people at the same time on a closed circuit with only a few seconds between all of us....now that's a kick!

Street racin is stupid, dangerous, immature and doesn't proof you are a good driver. All it may proove is that you have the money to build a fast car.

M3_DeL

• Archived User
Street Racers
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2002, 05:00:00 PM »

That thread about the vette losing to civic is freakin hillarious.......he talks like he is god or something.......It is a shame to know that there are vette owners that suck that bad!?!?!?!

iam

• Archived User
Street Racers
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2002, 07:12:00 PM »

QUOTE (Steken @ Dec 31 2002, 01:57 AM)
as long as its organised well theres not that dangerous....

EXACTLY !!!

The problem is, I'm sure that over 90% of the so called street racers are NOT organised.
They take their honda, acura or mustang with their 6 months driver experience on the highway, find someone and then race between people like they're racing a World cup downhill and you're the poles...

I can't stand those fucking young jerks with their white caps, oakley minutes, listening to Eminem boum boum boum or fucking POD a wrist on the steering wheel the other on the shifter thinking they're fucking Vince Diesel and the road is their... Stereotype ? No I don't think so...

I will always have the biggest respect for someone who build and mod his car and then take some race driving lessons then go to a local race track and get the kick of is life... but please don't talk about a 17 year old driver that just got his license and follow me inches in the back thinking that because I have a fuckin Civic DX stock that can barely go to 100mph that I will act like an idiot and race with him...
hey look at the back of my car, this aint no NOS tank or 20" sub, thats 2 kids seats !  grr.gif

Steken

• Archived User
Street Racers
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2002, 08:07:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

I do race on events also!! not just on the streets...
But streetracing is something special... love.gif

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Street Racers
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2004, 09:51:00 PM »

I hate to dredge up old posts, but I'm going to. A lot of the stuff in this thread is very good. Some isn't as good. Some is downright shit.

I want to adress one point and one point only. And that's the comment made by someone earlier in the thread about some people are safer road racing then regular drivers. This is true to some extent. It still doesn't make racing safe. I'm not preaching from a soap box here. I too speed, and race here and there on public streets. I've driven SCCA events. Have had some decent days rallying. But all that doesn't change the simple fact that if I'm going double the speed limit, things are coming at me twice as fast as they normally would. Maybe my reaction times are slightly better then the average driver since I drive more. Maybe I'm paying better attention. Maybe my cars brakes are a bit better then most now. But it doesn't change the simple fact that shit happens much faster when you're speeding. Some kid jumps out in front of your car, a motorcycle turns onto the road, or a cars tire gives out. It's all a lot easier to cope with @ 45 then at 90. And it doesn't matter how long you've been driving or how good you are.

I honestly couldn't care if you're racing. but don't come up with reasons to justify it and make it ok.

DaGamePimp

• Archived User
Street Racers
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2002, 01:24:00 AM »

wink.gif ] . It can get off the Line just fine by the way zizux , I don't need to run street slicks either as it does just fine with the 18 inch Racing Harts [ it has one of the best timed Launches at our local raceway ] . It all depends on how you approach it , some people start by building the wrong things [ areas of the engine ] and they will never obtain a fast car . I run a Full Race Turbo - yeah so what ... many of todays fastest cars are turbo charged or supercharged .
It really doesn't matter what kind of vehicle you prefer but please do not knock certain types of cars just because some people want to drive them like fools smile.gif .
--- DGP ---

kkattfish

• Archived User
Street Racers
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2002, 01:30:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

Potenza

• Archived User
Street Racers
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2002, 01:45:00 AM »

QUOTE (iam @ Dec 31 2002, 02:12 AM)
EXACTLY !!!

The problem is, I'm sure that over 90% of the so called street racers are NOT organised.
They take their honda, acura or mustang with their 6 months driver experience on the highway, find someone and then race between people like they're racing a World cup downhill and you're the poles...

I can't stand those fucking young jerks with their white caps, oakley minutes, listening to Eminem boum boum boum or fucking POD a wrist on the steering wheel the other on the shifter thinking they're fucking Vince Diesel and the road is their... Stereotype ? No I don't think so...

I will always have the biggest respect for someone who build and mod his car and then take some race driving lessons then go to a local race track and get the kick of is life... but please don't talk about a 17 year old driver that just got his license and follow me inches in the back thinking that because I have a fuckin Civic DX stock that can barely go to 100mph that I will act like an idiot and race with him...
hey look at the back of my car, this aint no NOS tank or 20" sub, thats 2 kids seats !  grr.gif

I'm happy there are some other sensible people in this forum.

And it is true, becomming a parent does change your driving style, off track anyway wink.gif

zizux

• Archived User
Street Racers
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2002, 10:10:00 AM »

QUOTE (DaGamePimp @ Dec 31 2002, 09:24 AM)
My Civic SiR was not even close to $50k to build , I bough the car as a Total wreck and built it for racing [ you will find that many serious racers have done the same as it just makes more sense sometimes - you rip the whole car apart anyway wink.gif ] . It can get off the Line just fine by the way zizux , I don't need to run street slicks either as it does just fine with the 18 inch Racing Harts [ it has one of the best timed Launches at our local raceway ] . It all depends on how you approach it , some people start by building the wrong things [ areas of the engine ] and they will never obtain a fast car . I run a Full Race Turbo - yeah so what ... many of todays fastest cars are turbo charged or supercharged .
It really doesn't matter what kind of vehicle you prefer but please do not knock certain types of cars just because some people want to drive them like fools smile.gif .
--- DGP ---

I wasn't trying to knock on your car for it being turbo. I am just saying for you to be making that kind of power with a honda motor (even an H22) you would need a turbo.  BTW what kind of 60's do you pull?

SniperKilla

• Archived User
Street Racers
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2002, 12:04:00 PM »

smile.gif

humm, then i can put humm about 15k in upgradesand be pushing ~650-700rwhp

damn i cant wait to get out of school smile.gif

M3_DeL

• Archived User
Street Racers
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2002, 01:35:00 PM »

3000gt was my car of choice in GT1!!!!!!
great car
and yes a vette would only lose due to inexperiance

zizux

• Archived User
Street Racers
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2003, 07:52:00 PM »

you don't see many 3000gt's race cause there isn't alot of support for them and they are very expencive to mod.

and a stock c5 isn't that fast. A civic with a guy who knows what he is doing should have to big a problem with one. Even with a good driver.

shanafan

• Archived User
Street Racers
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2003, 08:04:00 PM »

I got my Eclipse, but I don't race

Dark Schneider

• Archived User
Street Racers
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2003, 09:56:00 PM »

laugh.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4