xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: What If This Is A Possibility?  (Read 51 times)

Haveaniceday

• Archived User
What If This Is A Possibility?
« on: October 20, 2009, 10:03:00 PM »

When we die, we instantly enter another universe in which everything is the same except we're alive.
Even to the extent that a line of possible events is avoided to allow a person to live.
E.g. A to a person's conscious lying on their death bed, something happens that allows them to get spontaneously better, hence while they die in their current universe, they feel they've never passed and merely got better.
Could be the same with old age, maybe eventually the consciousness ends up in a universe where a 'cure' is found for old age etc.
I've been almost killed dozens of times and thought about this very question.

yaazz

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 07:55:00 AM »

Drugs are bad, mmkay?

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 05:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(Haveaniceday @ Oct 20 2009, 10:03 PM) *

When we die, we instantly enter another universe in which everything is the same except we're alive.
Even to the extent that a line of possible events is avoided to allow a person to live.
E.g. A to a person's conscious lying on their death bed, something happens that allows them to get spontaneously better, hence while they die in their current universe, they feel they've never passed and merely got better.
Could be the same with old age, maybe eventually the consciousness ends up in a universe where a 'cure' is found for old age etc.
I've been almost killed dozens of times and thought about this very question.

its funny ive had similar thoughts. I have almost died myself and been in mere accidents that would have been fatal. Who knows, but I don't want to be old let alone forever

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 06:41:00 PM »

seriously, both of you, lay off the drugs

...or start sharing