xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Wondering About Net On A Cpu Via An Iphone?  (Read 51 times)

chronotrigger681

• Archived User
Wondering About Net On A Cpu Via An Iphone?
« on: October 16, 2009, 06:15:00 PM »

Prolly sounds completely retarded. But i moved a ways out in the country i love it but internet is very limited to satalitte and its like 75 bucks a month. I get plenty of bars on my phone. But i was curious if i get an iphone can i tether my connection to my cpu?? If not you guys got any ideas how to get a good internet connection for cheap???

commandersafi

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 11:55:00 PM »

CPU? The CPU is just the microprocessor on your computers motherboard wink.gif

But yes, it is possible to tether your iPhone to your computer to get internet access. If you go into the settings you should find a tethering option somewhere in there

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 12:25:00 AM »

Brits and Aussies sometimes refer to their PC as a CPU.  Although I am pretty sure that chrono is an American......

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 01:39:00 AM »

http://www.fastcompa...e-tethering-fix

not a built in option... and there is a gray area of unlimited (5 gig is about as much as they will) any more and ive heard of them dropping account like bricks. be careful - and do a google search for IPHONE TETHERING... really not that hard to find more info and alot better places

chronotrigger681

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 03:45:00 PM »

so what im saying is  I live way out in the country. I can get sattilite net but very pricey. I have sattelite.  

What im wanting to do is get an iphone and teether the connection..... So i can get on the internet on my computer through my iphone?? Is that possible?? If so would it be reasonably fast?? Would it limit my downloading??

Also are direct tv sattilite cards able to still be reflashed to recieve more.

Thanks guys

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 07:19:00 PM »

yes you should be able to tether, but unless your getting 3G and a lot of bars speeds will be crap

also, if you go over 5gb of downloads in a month they can reduce your speed, cut you off, even terminate your contract, or just charge you asstons of money

i dont know about AT&T but i know verizons TOS specifically forbids using it to "replace" a home internet connection