xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Tv Dilemma  (Read 100 times)

DaBeast77

• Recovered User

yaazz

• Archived User
Tv Dilemma
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 07:56:00 AM »

Walmart brand tvs are garbage so out of the three I would say the philips one. That said I think you can probably find a better tv then all of these in the price range if you keep shopping around.

Also, avoid monster cables

ScrewinGates

• Archived User
Tv Dilemma
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 03:54:00 PM »

i agree with going with the phillips but.....those vizios are good tvs.i read a consumer report not long ago that rated them number 1 for the quality in their price range.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Tv Dilemma
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 03:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(yaazz @ Sep 19 2009, 08:56 AM) View Post

Walmart brand tvs are garbage so out of the three I would say the philips one. That said I think you can probably find a better tv then all of these in the price range if you keep shopping around.

Also, avoid monster cables

Are you trying to say the Vizio tv's are a walmart brand?  Vizio makes some KILLER tv's.  Some one pick my eyeballs up please! they just rolled out of my head!  If any thing phillips would be more of a house brand to walmart then vizio. dont give shitty advice....

All 3 tv's have dynamic contrast ratio with the vizios having the best.  The philips, however, shows a mind boggling 2 ms response time. gona have to do some more readin heh. as far as the reviews i have read the philips seems to be a great TV.  also 100-200$ less then online.

scttyb69

• Archived User
Tv Dilemma
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 08:20:00 AM »

As I recall, the vizio TVs were the housebrand to us at circuitcity?
Vizios are built cheap, but last well.

lostboyz

• Archived User
Tv Dilemma
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 06:05:00 AM »

Vizio, is a privately-held producer of consumer electronics, based in Irvine, California, USA. It was founded in October 2002 as V Inc.,[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vizio

yaazz

• Archived User
Tv Dilemma
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 05:04:00 PM »

cool I didnt know vizio is a quality brand. I must be thinking of some other weird brand at Walmart. I think the name has something to do with sun....