xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Donate To China?  (Read 58 times)

deilzfcjk

• Archived User
Donate To China?
« on: May 17, 2008, 03:09:00 PM »

Fellow X-Scene members,

I think the members who benefit from their modded consoles should donate to the China earthquake disaster. I was watching news the other day and found out they don't even have a road leading to the one village. It makes rescue equipment hard to get into the village without a road. So, they are doing it basically by hand. Wow, makes me so glad I'm in America with buildings that are up to earthquake standards. Man, someone should contact an Admin about this. As, I see it X-S is worldwide so this would really a concentrated effort. Plus, when I look at the membership base in the members section I see there are over 500,000 X-S members. So even if 5-10% people donate $1 or more it would make a big difference. THey need food, since there won't be any left after the quake....plus there's a worldwide shortage of rice too.

Any mods who read this send it up to vote up to the Admins.

commandersafi

• Archived User
Donate To China?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 05:05:00 PM »

Most of the members here mod their own xbox not buy them from china (as far as i know)

And we wouldnt be able to donate anyways....There is a legal reason that has something to do with this site being named xbox-scene and and the owners can't collect money off a site with xbox in the name as its a trademark of microsoft. Or at least i think thats how it goes

chorizo1

• Archived User
Donate To China?
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 05:53:00 PM »

From the Rules:

Donation Requests – do not post threads, or links or requests in your signatures for donations of any type on XS.  If you feel you should be allowed, contact HSDEMONZ for permission. Exceptions are made for Staff and selected individuals. (notable exceptions.. we allow MXM and CRAXTION to request donations.) Ignoring this part of the policy result in a ban. Far to often people have used this site as a delivery service for their donations scams, so our policy is to simply not allow them anymore.