xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Selling Stuff On Ebay... Why Does It Have To Be So Hard!  (Read 58 times)

xboxer2k

• Archived User
Selling Stuff On Ebay... Why Does It Have To Be So Hard!
« on: October 12, 2007, 03:56:00 PM »

So im selling my old PS2 with a bunch of games and stuff. I have put it up for auction 4 times now. Every winner is someone trying to scam me. Every time the winner wants me to send the package before they send a paypal payment. No freaking way!!!!! Im not that dumb.

This is only the second time that I have ever sold anything on Ebay.  Its so frustrating!!  Is it always this bad?

kirky1991

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 04:00:00 PM »

Nah not always...

say that scammers will be dealt with accordingly and say about 3 times throughout the add No scammers!

xboxer2k

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 04:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(kirky1991 @ Oct 12 2007, 05:36 PM) View Post

Nah not always...

say that scammers will be dealt with accordingly and say about 3 times throughout the add No scammers!

I think i got some of the scammers to move on. I found the option that requires Buy It Now buyers to pay right now or the auction will not end. Like I said this is only the second time I have ever sold anything on ebay.

Anyone have and ebay selling tips?

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 06:11:00 PM »

yeah, dont do it... seriously not worth it... ebay and paypal take huge sums out of the earnings so its really not worth it... they charge you for the posting, then take a % of the final sale, then take paypal fees...

xboxbox451

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 06:45:00 PM »

Look at what your selling, don't expect that's gonna sell like crazy, particularly on Ebay where your average shopper is looking to get an item 60% below retail.

Considering I can drive to my local Walmart and pick up a NEW PS2 for $130.00, I cant see one making much off selling a used one, with 5 year old games, and a shipping cost probably around $30.00.

I would just make it very clear in the auction description that "ITEMS SHIPS UPON RECEIPT OF PAYMENT". Other than that, good luck.