xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: My Son Is Starting To Talk!  (Read 92 times)

throwingks

• Archived User
My Son Is Starting To Talk!
« on: October 02, 2007, 01:47:00 PM »

My son is really starting to learn words. I feel like a productive parent right now. laugh.gif

I haven't fed him an apple in about a month and then yesterday, I gave him one. He ate about half and gave it back to me. 2 minutes later he pointed to it on my desk, and said "AHH-puhl" I didn't believe it so I made him say it again and he did.

Today he says "up" when he wants me to throw him in the air. And, also "ball" when he wants it from me.

They say it comes on quick when they start talking. I am excited. He hasn't really learned any words other than "ma-ma" and "da-da" until now. He babbles like crazy though. Just like his mother. laugh.gif

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 01:58:00 PM »

lol good for you and your son smile.gif my mum recorded my first words on a cassette tape, I know I use to say like daddy home when he come home from work and things like that lol..

_iffy

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 02:51:00 PM »

That's awsome! Yeah for Gabe!

I had a neighbour once who had a 2 year old. He pointed to the cars headlight when it was turned off, and called it "star." He learned the word by looking up at the sky and he was told 'star' but he interpreted it as bright light. So some how he saw headlights at night and thought the where the same. The weird thing is he could still identify the headlight as a star when it was turned off.

It's exciting times to watch.

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 07:48:00 AM »

Congratulations m8  pop.gif

I have a niece that's 8 months now and she is starting to learn more and more. Not quite talking yet, but she's getting close. Was trying to get her to say "hi" last night and she can almost get it now, but gets too exited and says "HA", "HA", "HEEEEEE"  laugh.gif

And one of my friends has a son about 13 months or so now and he's really starting to get talking down now. Just yesterday I came over and sat on the sofa and he came over and said "hi" perfectly clear. I was shocked as the last time I was there he could just barely get out the "ma-ma" and "da-da".

Great watching them grow up and learning new things constantly. Kinda nice I get to watch my niece grow up and enjoy being around, but without having to have one of my own yet, lol (I'm definitely waiting a few more years before I want any).

smile.gif

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 08:22:00 AM »

you should teach him some old English slang so when he gets to first grade he speaks in perfect iambic pentameter.  tongue.gif

...god, when I have children they're going to hate me  laugh.gif

Seriously though you should consider introducing them to another language while his head is still empty. I recommend Japanese  biggrin.gif

it'd be something you could learn together and I guarantee he'll pick it up faster than you do.  laugh.gif

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 10:30:00 AM »

Yes learning languages at young ages (about 2-5 years old) is good, don't do it to young they need to get there primary language right first before they can translate, people in Holland learn English at a young age and I've not come across one dutch person that can't speak English.

I studied French when I did GCSE and I got a G in it, since I did it at a later age, and I just couldn't get to grips with it, so the younger the better, though I do want to learn another language like german or spanish sometime...

deadparrot

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007, 11:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(bucko @ Oct 3 2007, 06:06 PM) View Post

I studied French when I did GCSE and I got a G in it, since I did it at a later age, and I just couldn't get to grips with it, so the younger the better, though I do want to learn another language like german or spanish sometime...

I did Spanish GCSE (I got put in the higher set for some reason) and just managed to scrape a C in it.  Mostly thanks to the use of online translators with my coursework and memorizing my oral presentation.  We bent a few rules, I think...

Eksyte

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 12:03:00 PM »

Kids are great. In what will seem like 3 months, he'll be hogging your games. Then, you can teach him some modding. wink.gif

Oh, and have fun with the potty training.

gronned

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2007, 03:58:00 AM »

I don't like retards, and kids are retards... but I like them =)

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2007, 07:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(gronned @ Oct 4 2007, 06:34 AM) View Post

I don't like retards, and kids are retards... but I like them =)

how do you live with yourself?  ph34r.gif

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2007, 10:21:00 AM »

I know a little Spanish, but not enough to teach him by myself. I will look into it. Maybe a Spanish babysitter or something.

Kids really are sponges. He imitates everything we do. Yesterday, my wife killed a mosquito with a flip-flop. Now, my son walks around banging flip-flops on everything. I think our laughing adds a little to it. laugh.gif

Here is a recent photo of my son.
http://flickr.com/ph...N07/1469459841/

Fuzzy

• Recovered User
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 03:52:00 PM »

I can't imagine what it must feel like to watch your own son start speaking.

Congratulations  smile.gif