xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Check This Out:  (Read 58 times)

klipseracer

• Archived User
Check This Out:
« on: July 10, 2007, 06:18:00 PM »

anyone?

klipseracer

• Archived User
Check This Out:
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 10:46:00 AM »

ttt

throwingks

• Archived User
Check This Out:
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 11:17:00 AM »

Why would you give your own site's layout a 1/10?

If you want constructive criticism, don't be so deceptive.

yaazz

• Archived User
Check This Out:
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 02:04:00 PM »

looks like a premade template to me, but I guess it looks alright.

Possibly a little bland.
Plus, the content is all from other sites, so why would anyone bother?

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
Check This Out:
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 02:04:00 PM »

Soo.... you basically have a wordpress blog with the  So Delicious theme installed
http://web2themes.co...us-v10-release/

Good job stripping off the original theme authors name, would you like a cookie or something?  dry.gif

I use WP for my own pages and I use themes made by others, but I never pretend that I did it all myself.

ausmods

• Archived User
Check This Out:
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 03:47:00 PM »

Soo.... you basically have a wordpress blog with the So Delicious theme installed
http://web2themes.co...us-v10-release/

Good job stripping off the original theme authors name, would you like a cookie or something?  

I use WP for my own pages and I use themes made by others, but I never pretend that I did it all myself.

Heh nice find there twistedsymphony, but I do beleive klipseracer didnt say anywhere that he made the layout himself, he just asked everyone to rate it (Plz correct me if im wrong).

throwingks

• Archived User
Check This Out:
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 06:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(ausmods @ Jul 12 2007, 06:23 PM) View Post

Heh nice find there twistedsymphony, but I do beleive klipseracer didnt say anywhere that he made the layout himself, he just asked everyone to rate it (Plz correct me if im wrong).

If you run a website not giving credit to the author of the layout, it is implied you made it.

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
Check This Out:
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 08:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(ausmods @ Jul 12 2007, 06:23 PM) View Post

throwingks is correct. 99.9% of the time the themes available on the web require that you leave the theme creators name intact on the theme.

it'd be pretty much like ripping a CD and giving it to a record exec and saying "hey rate my CD" What would you say to that?

I don't know about the theme but wordpress is licensed under the GLP which means while it's free it's illegal to remove all indications that it was created by the wordpress team. chances are the theme is covered by the same free license agreement.

When someone gives you something for free with pretty much the only rule being "make sure other people know I'm the one who made this" and you brake that rule it's pretty shady.

Maybe I'm just a bit more pissed off than your average webmonkey because I'm quite a big supporter of wordpress and not only donate to the project regularly but contribute to the community by writing plugins.

sicknasty413

• Archived User
Check This Out:
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 11:05:00 PM »

^ for future record, it's spelled "douche."

...No, not trying to be a douche.. I'm just a grammar/spelling nazi  ph34r.gif

klipseracer

• Archived User
Check This Out:
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2007, 11:19:00 PM »

Ok. Check it out. No disrespect to a mod or anything. But really it doesn't matter. If you want to ban me go ahead. I rarely use this board anyhow.

As moderater I would think you'd be the first to understand a technical issue. So take these posts for what they are worth.

^ for future record, it's spelled "douche."

...No, not trying to be a douche.. I'm just a grammar/spelling nazi

You're not being a douche. But I find it a little creepy you know so much.. Or is it just considered common knowledge? To think i've spelled douche as dushe... Shameful! wink.gif

In anycase yeah... I'm going to address the issue in a second. I think its because I need to put the text before my scripts. I also have an amazon product preview script that I think is throwing it off. It just blows my mind of all the crazy ppl here that think that bashing someone makes them seem cooler or smarter. And as for my grammar, blame it on my tiny ass laptop....stupid keys. (that and i'm color blind to red underlines  biggrin.gif )

Maybe I'm just a bit more pissed off than your average webmonkey because I'm quite a big supporter of wordpress and not only donate to the project regularly but contribute to the community by writing plugins.

WOW... let me re-analyze this statement. I can only handle a little at a time considering how much SHIT there is here. Now... what do we have here:

'maybe i'm ust a bit more pissed off than your average webmonkey'

Now... Your pissed... at what?

You claim to be a web monkey. So, your an above average webmonkey. So sorry MR.Webmonkey!

I think your just a monkey.

NEXT:

'I'm quite a big supporter of wordpress'

What do you do more. Kiss ass or gloat about how good you are? - Why would you post this. Do you think I care? Do you really think anyone else cares how big of a supporter you are? 'fraid not buddy. LOL!

'and not only donate to the project regularly but contribute to the community by writing plugins'

And? I've donated money as well. I've donated money to a lot of things actually. Does anyone care? No. Shhhh. Just because daddy didn't give you recognition growing up riding the short bus doesn't mean you need to post here thinking I care.

Why don't you write a plugin that takes all that self-righteous crap out of my head and makes me forget I even read that.

Good bye. If you have more, i'd love to reply.

klipseracer

• Archived User
Check This Out:
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2007, 12:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(throwingks @ Jul 12 2007, 10:53 AM) View Post

Why would you give your own site's layout a 1/10?

If you want constructive criticism, don't be so deceptive.

MAN! Where are you from. If someone wants an opinion. 1/10 means I want you to rate it. Seriously.

CattyKid

• Archived User
Check This Out:
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2007, 12:40:00 AM »

This thread is closed.  If you have a problem with something, then you can take it up with them civilly, not pull stuff like this. Attacking people, mods or otherwise, is simply unacceptable on this site or anywhere.

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
Check This Out:
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2007, 07:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(klipseracer @ Jul 14 2007, 01:55 AM) View Post

Ok. Check it out. No disrespect to a mod or anything. ...

If that's the case you sure have a funny way of showing it.

With my first post I was simply aggravated that you had gone out of your way to strip out the both the WordPress and theme creators copyright and link info. It's a pet peeve of mine.

I've been an active member in the Wordpress development community for a number of years so when I see the publicly viewable creator info intentionally removed I take it personally.

I realized I came off a little strong and I attempted to explain where I was coming from in my second post.

You obviously have some anger issues you need to work out and it's a shame you couldn't have settled this privately or maturely.