xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help Me Find This  (Read 28 times)

crackfeen

• Archived User
Help Me Find This
« on: June 07, 2007, 08:43:00 AM »

ok help me out.. i'm trying to find a bomberman game that i haven't seen in many many years... i've been trying to figure out what it was but so far am at a loss.
i know it existed in 96 because that's when i played it.. i'm almost positive that it had 8 levels but that's iffy... and i know that it had powerups like no other bomberman game i've played.. it had your standard extra bombs,  bigger fire and boot, but it also had things like detonators, and building blocks where you could create your own walls...
if anyone knows even remotely which game it is please let me know... i know the descriptions are vague but that's all i remember... also i think it was in japanese but that didn't really make a difference... so there
it might have been a bomberman ripoff but i just don't remember at this point it's been about 10 years since i've seen it last sad.gif i miss it

ps i had it for computer but it very well might have been emulated from something else sad.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Help Me Find This
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 08:51:00 AM »

There were 3 Bomberman games released in 1996

Saturn Bomberman (sega Saturn)

Atomic Bomberman (PC)

Super Bomberman 4 (SNES Japan only)

Saturn Bomberman had dinosaurs and online play. it is also considered the best Bomberman ever made and is what they're using as the basis for the XBLA port that is in the works.

Though based on your vague description it sounds like you're talking about the Japan only Super Bomberman 4 on the SNES.

crackfeen

• Archived User
Help Me Find This
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 09:37:00 AM »

well it wasn't super bomberman 4 because that had mounts... in the game that i'm thinking of you didn't have any kind of animals to ride.. or throw bombs for that matter (you could just kick them forward and they'd slide)... sad.gif and i don't think it's either of the other games that came out in 96 so i'm guessing it came out before that..

to add to what i remember.. the enemies were speedy things... like one of the levels.. they were these mummies that would chase you around if you actually let them. i know that there was a 4person limit,  what i'm not sure about is whether there was co-op i know we teamed up to kill the little monsters but that was because they were more dangerous than people and didn't die from the first bomb

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Help Me Find This
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 10:20:00 AM »

I don't think it was a bomberman game

do you remember which system it was on... if it was 4 player it might have been N64... otherwise you would have had to have a splitter.

vestri_matris

• Archived User
Help Me Find This
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 10:34:00 AM »

Was it perhaps for Gameboy? I remember having one for Gameboy that had fast mummies as enemies, and like a whip thing to hit bombs around... but idk  blink.gif

crackfeen

• Archived User
Help Me Find This
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 10:38:00 AM »

it very well might have been a spinoff of bomberman.. it just had the same idea... as far as the system goes.. i don't know.. like i said i had it for computer (back when windows 95 was still the latest and greatest)