xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How To Get Free Shipping Boxes For Ground Shipping From Usps  (Read 106 times)

halosucks

• Archived User
How To Get Free Shipping Boxes For Ground Shipping From Usps
« on: September 16, 2006, 10:48:00 PM »

well ive started my ebay business and its doing pretty good, but what i was selling didnt deserve $3 boxes or free boxes when shipped priority mail. so heres what ive been doing. ive been getting the free priority mail boxes from the post office and turning them inside out and taping them up so they look like new boxes only they dont cost any thing. only one downside, your size is limited to only the boxes that  come in priority mail(other words NO BIG BIG boxes) but perfect sizes for xbox's etc..  

just thought id share this valuable info (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

This post has been edited by halosucks: Sep 17 2006, 05:51 AM

SICKdimension

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 12:06:00 AM »

Too bad the smallest rectangle box has "PRIORITY MAIL" printed on the inside, so you can't turn it around.

Alex548

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 06:01:00 PM »

People have been doing this for years.
Besides, USPS has been stamping the insides of the priority boxes lately so even if you flip them inside out, it'll still say PRIORITY MAIL in large black letters.

More importantly, if USPS catches you doing this . . . you'll be in major trouble. If you wanna be able to send/receive mail at your home (or your mommy's home), you won't do this anymore.

halosucks

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 08:53:00 PM »

really? ive only had one box that has usps on the inside, but i didnt relize it was that big of a deal. id better stop then. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

ruli00

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 11:28:00 PM »

freee iz fo mi

http://ebaysupplies.usps.com/

-ruli00

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 01:11:00 AM »

wow, what a great link ruli00!!! thanks

bjs1400

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 08:43:00 PM »

This reminds me of when a friend of mine saw you could order boxes from usps for free....  He entered an order, but in doing so he wondered how many zero's he could add to the order form.  Turns out its quite a lot.  We figured usps would have to ship his order in a couple semi's.  He lived in the dorms at the time and moved out a week or two after this.  We never found out if they ever shipped.

He did however get shitloads (couple thousand at least) of usps stickers, a few dozen boxes, and some poster boxes for free from a seperate order.  I dont think he did anything with them except use them for packing or covering his roommate's desk with stickers.  Oh John....  (see him here)

SICKdimension

• Archived User

halosucks

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2006, 12:03:00 AM »

way to go sick dimension, btw i called usps and asked what they would do if someone was using there priority mail boxes as ground boxes they said not a whole lot they just put that thing there to scare people. the lady who i spoke with said that even she did it, she said the only way for you to really get caught is if your buyyer from ebay complains about it, but she said that rarly happens and people think that its a cool idea. so screw it FREE BOXES FOR EVERY ONE!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)