xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Avatar And Personal Picture Trouble?  (Read 54 times)

The_MF_Boss

• Archived User
Avatar And Personal Picture Trouble?
« on: April 01, 2006, 02:35:00 PM »

Let me clarify the question.  I know how but it gives me an error every time I try to do either.  Im trying to upload a file from my computer.

The*galloping*zebra

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 02:37:00 PM »

I'm pretty sure the ability to upload an avatar to X-S is disabled

Use a photo hosting website such as photobucket

The_MF_Boss

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 02:50:00 PM »

Got it finally!!! Thnx!!

Schnick1

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 04:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(The*galloping*zebra @ Apr 1 2006, 05:13 PM) View Post

I'm pretty sure the ability to upload an avatar to X-S is disabled

Use a photo hosting website such as photobucket

First off....I apologize for resurrecting such a long dead topic, but this has bugged me just a bit.
Why is there an option to upload an Avatar Image from your PC if it is disabled.  Then on top of that all you receive is this message when trying to upload the image...
Board Message
Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:
The upload failed. Please contact a member of staff to help rectify the problem

If it is disabled, why have it at all, or at the very least instead of the above being mentioned, why not state something to the extent of...."Upload Option is disabled, please use an online image server (ie. PhotoBucket.com)"

Sorry....Just my two cents wink.gif

DrPepperFan15

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 07:50:00 PM »

so that one day after the site begins to settle down it will not be hosting so much that we constantly have a server error everytime we signin... too much bandwidth also its gotten very laggy recently from the past xbox live bans and then people posting 1 topic every half second that theyve been banned and so on that the gamercard thing has also been disabled if you havent noticed...

things will change sooner or later but for now i think i'm happier with having xbox-scene at all rather than having nothing. Enjoy it and dont complain about small things like that... besides that thing is more of a privilage. Even though this is an old topic... just my 2 cents on the matter