xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Ipod  (Read 300 times)

lebriznon

• Archived User
Ipod
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2005, 02:24:00 AM »

the zen micro does have mass storage capabilities without drivers/software.

however, the catch is, you need to format a dedicated part of your HDD space just for it.  wont play music that goes in there. and software cant access it.

deathx88

• Archived User
Ipod
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2005, 07:02:00 PM »

ph34r.gif

and thanks guys i was really hoping that there was something else out there besides the ipod because i thought the ipod was the only thing that could let you do all this stuff

i'll let you know how this thing works out
cheers  beerchug.gif

killerbootsman

• Archived User
Ipod
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2005, 07:41:00 PM »

nice selection. i barely even knew that an mp3 player that wasnt an ipod existed, cus every other kid at my school has one.

Paronga

• Archived User
Ipod
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2005, 12:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(dewmonger @ Apr 19 2005, 02:31 AM)
Unfortunately, not as many as you might think.  The main problem with the first gen ipods was that they had a non-replaceable battery pack that ran out after about 1.5 years of usage.  It was a huge flaw that they later corrected on the newer gen models.

Unseen Shadow

• Archived User
Ipod
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2005, 09:11:00 AM »

Suprised no one has mentioned dells mp3 players....they have made many improvements since the days of their fist gen ones.... right now the prices are 179 for a 5gb mini....smaller than the ipod mini.....249 for a 20 gb which is a bit bigger....or 259 for a 30 gb which is the same physical size as the 20.  Personally i like ipods...but they are quite pricey still in canada at least...im buying a used one....for 150-70 for a first or second gen one....sure im getting ripped but i neeed my muuuusic...(md player died)

deathx88

• Archived User
Ipod
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2005, 03:54:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

this thing is pretty bad ass

not only can i hold all my music, but a major thing is i can transfer up to 2 gigs of data files on this, so this makes times that my brother gets files i can put them on this thing instead of burning a cd every time

the fm radio is alright, i wish there was a way to select your own radio station instead of just autoscanning everytime, and it doesn't pick up 97.9 which is the only half-way decent radio station in this hillbilly land i live in

the built in recorder makes good use when recording myself when playing guitar, it sounds way better recorded on this thing than my tape recorder

and i wish i had MS outlook so i could do the other things, it can i my computer when i bought it but they want a cd code, why the hell would they  put something like that on my computer when i can't use it  mad.gif

unsure.gif  the one thing that i'm not sure about is playing games on the zen micro, you can play real shitty game but still some what ok on the ipod
is there a way to get games on your zen micro
and if so where can you get them  huh.gif

other than that this was a great purchase, i plan on getting a tape adaptor (if they sell any) so i can listen to this louder while in the car  biggrin.gif

aswilbourn

• Archived User
Ipod
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2005, 09:07:00 AM »

I AM A CHEAP SKATE! So I was thinking about getting an Ipod shuffle. I know they've got no display and are only a gig but they are so tiny! The size of a pack of chewing gum! Anyone have any experience with one? Are they any good?

lebriznon

• Archived User
Ipod
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2005, 02:12:00 AM »

i dont understand the fascination with this thing.  for the same price you can get a different flash player with an FM tuner, voice recorder, display, and the same storage size.  what the hell is the incentive to get this shuffle thing??  i mean sure its small, but zero functionality in all practice.

jbp20717

• Archived User
Ipod
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2005, 03:01:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

powercntrl

• Archived User
Ipod
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2005, 08:05:00 PM »

I don't understand why there are people who will ravenously defend the iPod Shuffle.  It has none of the user interface qualities that define the iPod line.  In fact, there isn't a user interface to speak of!  When it comes to flash players, Creative's MuVo line is far superior.

Paronga

• Archived User
Ipod
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2005, 09:52:00 PM »

once you use the shuffle you really see tehre is no need neded at all for a screen of any type, its funny, people LOVE to absh iPods dont they.

powercntrl

• Archived User
Ipod
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2005, 10:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(Paronga @ Apr 24 2005, 09:58 PM)
once you use the shuffle you really see tehre is no need neded at all for a screen of any type, its funny, people LOVE to absh iPods dont they.
Pages: 1 2 [3]