xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: I Need To Get Some Decent Abs And Lose Some Weight  (Read 78 times)

black knight

• Archived User
I Need To Get Some Decent Abs And Lose Some Weight
« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2003, 03:11:00 AM »

tongue.gif

Hoppy

• Archived User
I Need To Get Some Decent Abs And Lose Some Weight
« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2003, 05:18:00 AM »

QUOTE (black knight @ Nov 21 2003, 08:11 AM)
I don't think the towel thing is a Japanese only situation.  All of the gyms I have been to in the states have either towels or little wetwipes to clean off the seats.  As a courtesy, I always wipe my sweaty ass marks off the bench (yes, I sweat like a pig).

And as far as the cardio thing goes, I have not read anything that says running/swimming/biking first is better than doing it later.  The only reason I can think of is you'll be more motivated to do it than you would if you did it after a lifting regimen.  I sometimes have problems getting motivated or have enough energy to run after a good weight program, and I used to skip it alot.  The thing that kept me going is sticking to a routine.  If I make a committment to run and do it regardless of how I feel, then it becomes easier down the road.

And another thing...what's with this Atkins diet crap?  I know at least 3 people at work that are on it (one is my roomate).  This diet just does not make sense, especially for people who work out.  Carbs are your main energy source, so how could a no carb diet be healthy?  It is fun teasing people who are on it.  I'm always eating bread/potatoes right in front of them.   tongue.gif

My gym is the same.  They've got towels with spraybottles filled with some blue shit that you clean your sweaty ass prints up with.

That Atkins diet sounds like such a load of shit.  It may work, but it seems that the people who use it are primarily the people who don't want to do the hard work of going to the gym for just 1 hour at least a day.  It's still too new.  I'm curious about what the long term results of the diet will be.  

How many of you count calories, and how many do you take in during a day?  I don't so much count them as guestimate them.  I figure I only take in between 1200-1500 a day.  

Also, how many times do you all go to they gym?  I've been thinking of starting to go twice a day.  Seeing as how I'm unemployed right now and have nothing better to do, I figure what the hell.  I already go 6 days a week.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]