xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: GAME REVIEWS FORUM  (Read 19 times)

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
GAME REVIEWS FORUM
« on: October 16, 2003, 05:41:00 AM »

In the near future.. we're adding a HARDWARE REVIEW forum.. (which is why you've seen me testing the waters with my recent reviews...) and possibly a GAMES REVIEW forum.

In the past.. it was board policy that we wouldn't setup a dedicated GAMES REVIEW section.. thinking that most other services that already do it would do it better.  It was alos a concern.. that if we had a GAME REVIEW section.. people would only post lame one liners like "this games suxors" etc.

If we do set it up in the FORUMS... it would be MODERATED. Probably with a dedicated GAME REVIEW moderator/editor.  I doubt we'd have a score system.. since they are pretty worthless.  What we would do.. is have some sort of minimum word count (hopefully insuring some thought goes into the reviews.)

Course.. like I said.. it would be moderated (like the submission system in the FAQ forum) so only decent, well worded/thought out reviews would be allowed.

It's also possible.. that instead of a forums based review section.. it might be a php based system attached to the news page.  I'm leaning towards a forum though.  Either way.. submissions would be reviewed by the editor before being OK'd for public viewing.

I have no idea how or if we'll allow for XS to host pics.  I'm looking into the bandwidth concerns now.  If not.. than like any other user posted pictures.. you'd need to find your own host.

If if a majority of the members choose YES.. that isn't a guarantee that we'll move forward with the GAME REVIEW section.  I just need to guage member response.

Thanks for your time in answering this poll.