xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: What Do U People Do For $$$  (Read 73 times)

jasonmvt

• Archived User
What Do U People Do For $$$
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2003, 10:00:00 AM »

QUOTE (MartialXboxArtist @ Apr 28 2003, 01:48 PM)
Save up the money, stay away from drugs, drinking, and smoking and start your own BIZ..  beerchug.gif

I say drink, smoke, do drugs or whatever else you want to, responsibly, and spend your money on the things you like.  Life is too short to pinch pennies and preach abstinence.

funny how you close that statement with a beer....

Lizard_King

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2003, 01:14:00 PM »

QUOTE (jasonmvt @ Apr 28 2003, 07:00 PM)
I say drink, smoke, do drugs or whatever else you want to, responsibly, and spend your money on the things you like.  Life is too short to pinch pennies and preach abstinence.

What about hookers?  Are they ok?

Well, I've worked as a plumber, a store manager, and a research assistant at a non-profit (hey, there's not much else I could fit in with university and school breaks).  Out of those three, I would say the first was the most fun (believe it or not) and by far the most profitable. I don't know how it is in Oz, but in the US more specialized construction work is a great way to make money.  Sure the unions and shit are a really big pain in the ass, but I'm sure you're familiar with that shit already.  The key is to find smaller firms that have a respected name, and work your way up in them.  

Other than that, there's always the military...unlike the civilian economy, business is in high gear there... beerchug.gif

BIOYAM

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2003, 02:48:00 PM »

QUOTE (MartialXboxArtist @ Apr 28 2003, 01:48 PM)
To get back to reality and not the robbing bank stuff.. I'm president of my own company. We deal with real estate, investing, and the entertainment biz. NoNamer66 on here is one of my team member that helps with the web stuff.  smile.gif He'll be getting PAID pretty soon for doing something we both love to do. Websites and MOD.  laugh.gif  Nothing is better than being able to own your own business and make the money for yourself. I'm happy at where everything is going and we're about to go national!

Save up the money, stay away from drugs, drinking, and smoking and start your own BIZ..  beerchug.gif

Excellent MartialXboxArtist.

I myself have a Computer/Graphics/Webpage/Photo business. The business consists of three of us, based in Miami, Florida, USA.
We work when we want to & earn a modest income. This is what I do now after spending several years working for Merrill Lynch(Wall Street, NYC!). Made lots of money back then. But I grew some dreads & enjoy life more now with tons of girls in sunny Florida  tongue.gif  laugh.gif

BIOYAM.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2003, 02:56:00 PM »

I'm a simple guy.. with a simple job...

I'm a FULL TIME FORK LIFT operator.. with multiple certifications.. for amny different classes of FORKLIFT and other WAREHOUSE and DOCK machinery.

I'm also a part time graphic desginer.. working on contract to a software house.

It's not glamous work.. but I  pay al my bills.. and live a simple life!

MartialXboxArtist

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2003, 05:13:00 PM »

QUOTE (HSDEMONZ @ Apr 28 2003, 05:56 PM)
I'm a simple guy.. with a simple job...

I'm a FULL TIME FORK LIFT operator.. with multiple certifications.. for amny different classes of FORKLIFT and other WAREHOUSE and DOCK machinery.

I'm also a part time graphic desginer.. working on contract to a software house.

It's not glamous work.. but I  pay al my bills.. and live a simple life!

Forklift driver makes good money. If I wasn't doing anything, that's probably a job I'd do.. Anyone gives you Sh*t, chase them down with it..  laugh.gif

brahm2

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2003, 05:17:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

hump

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2003, 06:33:00 PM »

ph34r.gif

jc1of2

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2003, 08:22:00 PM »

I work for a company that does contract work for larger companies. Right now we mostly do data entry billing work for U.P.S. If you've ever sent something thru U.P.S. and filled out the sticker part, I copy what you wrote into the computer. Also I used to work with Exotic pets. Mostly small furry stuff like sugar gliders and marmosets.

zingZACH

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2003, 08:48:00 PM »

grr.gif Oh well.... lol  beerchug.gif

No_Remorse_666

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2003, 08:49:00 PM »

As a few here I have had many shitty jobs, but never a bad learning
expierence. I have worked in masonary, carpentry, dishwasher, cook,
cashier, printshop. Somtimes you just have to do what you have to
do to keep your bills paid and family secure.
Finaly for the last 15 years in the sign trade where I always
wanted to be, lol. I love my job in a small sign shop, sculpting, carving,
gilding and painting. As with most trades these days, it is heavy into
computer aided tasks. We now have a nice CNC router on the floor which
can do some amazing things. I still prefer handcrafting, but it hard to
beat the router time wise, lol.

MURDERER

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2003, 09:08:00 PM »

I work in the oil business, I am a Corrosion Engineer and it is my job to analyze the integrity of oil and gas pipelines throughout the world.

iMURDERER

mickey123

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2003, 11:28:00 PM »

The place I work at freaks the hell outta me sometimes, it's a mortuary.  For any of you who haven't worked in a mortuary I suggest you try it, it's quite fun.  And yes I do see dead people, who doesn't right?

apoc519

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2003, 12:20:00 AM »

wink.gif

Fire

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2003, 04:29:00 AM »

tongue.gif

maximusg

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2003, 11:16:00 PM »

I am 15 and work for my self in PC repair/software/hardware/installations/data management/anything else to do with PC's that i know how to do/. I get 120 an hour (AU, so in US ~70). Most of my customers are rich cotton farmers wives/children who want to learn about computers/internet. The hours are not very good but when i do work the money is great. At least it is enough to support my hobbies and an xbox game every couple of weeks...
Pages: 1 [2] 3