xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Mods Illegal?  (Read 86 times)

Joebuckton

• Archived User
Mods Illegal?
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2003, 11:46:00 AM »

well the dmca does not affect me in the uk, i just cant see why the bios would be illegal

Ace25

• Archived User
Mods Illegal?
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2003, 11:48:00 AM »

QUOTE (Joebuckton @ Apr 16 2003, 11:46 AM)
well the dmca does not affect me in the uk, i just cant see why the bios would be illegal

Damn, well you got me there... hahaha.. your completely safe so far.. hopefully your people wont ever let crap like the DMCA get passed like it did here in the states..

Joebuckton

• Archived User
Mods Illegal?
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2003, 11:49:00 AM »

well doesnt nero burner do the same

Ace25

• Archived User
Mods Illegal?
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2003, 11:53:00 AM »

QUOTE (Joebuckton @ Apr 16 2003, 11:49 AM)
well doesnt nero burner do the same

Dunno, don't use it.. but if your talking like CloneCD where you can put files in it to get around stuff like SafeDisc protection, I don't think the makers of CloneCD would be liable since they NEVER made their s/w capable of doing it.. the person that made the mod for it would be the one in trouble..

Also, you gotta realize that its VERY unlikely anyone will get busted at this point for simply owning a modchip.. but all it would take is M$ to get a stick up their ass about them, and press the feds, while lining there pockets, and you will see feds going after 10s of thousands of people.. With DirecTV, Larry Risner (sp) used to the the HEAD of the FBI, now he is the head of DTV Signal Integrity and calls on his old friends at the FBI and they are there kicking down doors.. its all a matter of who you know and how much $ you have, and unfortunately, M$ know a lot of people and has a lot more $ than DTV..

Joebuckton

• Archived User
Mods Illegal?
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2003, 11:58:00 AM »

Ok chears Ace...do you think this law will change because i have heard about the uproar about it.

Ace25

• Archived User
Mods Illegal?
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2003, 12:17:00 PM »

Well, there is a ton of uproar over it, unfortunately, we have people like RIAA, MPAA, and other groups like that who are not big on people stealing movies, music, software and have very large wallets that pay off polititions here.. there is nothing Joe Blow here in the U.S. is going to be able to do about it as long as the Govt officials only understand $ and not what the people they represent really want.. Welome to the great US political system... just as corrupt as the rest of the gov'ts in the world.. not saying I hate the US or anything... just don't agree with this dream of Democracy they keep telling us we live under, while each year, we lose more and more rights..

Joebuckton

• Archived User
Mods Illegal?
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2003, 12:20:00 PM »

so can you buy a mod from england fit it in england then go back to the usa?

Joebuckton

• Archived User
Mods Illegal?
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2003, 12:27:00 PM »

so if you are going to smugle a modchip dont smugle it through with a gun, a bomb or anthrax...gotya

Ace25

• Archived User
Mods Illegal?
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2003, 12:29:00 PM »

QUOTE (Joebuckton @ Apr 16 2003, 12:27 PM)
so if you are going to smugle a modchip dont smugle it through with a gun, a bomb or anthrax...gotya

and NO Swiss Army KNIVES or Fingernail clippers!!  laugh.gif

XB0X_Mod

• Archived User
Mods Illegal?
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2003, 01:37:00 PM »

Well installing the mod in the uk and then taking it to america would be importing they'd probalby do that to ya lol, what is the laws in the UK i am from england too so i want to know

Ace25

• Archived User
Mods Illegal?
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2003, 12:02:00 PM »

In the US its NOT the local police's job to bust people for copywrite infringement.. and like you, I have known MANY MANY cops, sheriffs, and CHPs that have black cable boxes, illegal sat hookups, and copied movies/games all over.. Its a Federal matter, not a local matter in the US.. its the FBI that you need to worry about, not the local Sheriff.

Joebuckton

• Archived User
Mods Illegal?
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2003, 12:06:00 PM »

Well.....lets get jiggy with it...

Joebuckton

• Archived User
Mods Illegal?
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2003, 12:31:00 PM »

So does any1 know the laws for mods in england...and did any1 actualy go to a lawyer to see about the mods in us
Pages: 1 2 [3]