xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Most Annoying Game Moments.  (Read 101 times)

Sookie32

• Archived User
Most Annoying Game Moments.
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2003, 02:00:00 PM »

On Monkey Island 1 when you are on Monkey Island and walk to the top of the cliff, and if you get too close to the edge it breaks and you fall.... on to a rubber tree, still, had me going for a minute!

I started playing Final Fantasy 1 in 3rd grade but i never beat it (I know now it was because i was only on like level 30) picking it up again last year and leveling to level 50, beating the Castle of Time, and having the game glitch when the end game text started to scroll, seeing nothing but garble.

MeNaCe911

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2003, 02:21:00 PM »

adding some to swat....

[51] glitches in n64 games where u touch a wall and see the other side

jasonmvt

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2003, 03:26:00 PM »

[45] Asking for the NES Advantage for Christmas when I was 12, and getting the NES Max. One, nice big solid arcade style stick, the other - some weak pad with a "circle like" digital thumbstick.

are you on crack??? The nes MAX was one of the best controllers ever.  The advantage sucked hairy balls.  Try playing Super Mario 3 with the Advantage, or 99% of the other games on the NES, it just asks to get slammed against the wall.  Arcade sticks are cool for for Street Fighter style games, but on the nes, there really wasn't many of those.  My two cents...

Mog

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2003, 09:19:00 PM »

dry.gif

phatmasterphex

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2003, 11:28:00 PM »

the shortness of Max PAYNE... and the constipated look on his face 24/7!

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2003, 11:34:00 PM »

Ghost n' Goblins for the NES: After finally beating it the first time, with vains popping out of my head and now on my 3rd controller because the other two were sent flying across the room, it starts me back all the way to the beginning, so i have to go through the whole damn game all over again to beat it.

Master Blaster for the NES: Having only 5 continues to beat the whole game; damn nigh on impossible; i had a hell of a time just beating it with a game genie that gave me unlimited continues.

Immortal for the NES: trying to figure out the damn puzzles; ex. having to figure out walking clockwise three times around, then back counter 2 times, north 3 steps, then south east 4 steps.  All this was supposed to be understood without any clues or explaination.

Super mocho man on mike tysons punchout for the NES

Ever sense the 8 and 16-bit days, games have never been nearly as difficult.  I haven't sense played games nearly as frustrating or as diffucult.

Shadowcat

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2003, 11:58:00 PM »

QUOTE (yanke10 @ Mar 31 2003, 04:22 PM)
that 5 minute intro in half-life that u cant skip.

You can't skip it, but with some sv_cheats 1 and impulse 101, the ride can be fun. Gibbin away at everything I pass..

Mog

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2003, 08:13:00 AM »

QUOTE (Foe-hammer @ Apr 9 2003, 03:34 AM)
Immortal for the NES: trying to figure out the damn puzzles; ex. having to figure out walking clockwise three times around, then back counter 2 times, north 3 steps, then south east 4 steps.  All this was supposed to be understood without any clues or explaination.

Hey, do you remember Immortal for Genesis? It was the same game [im pretty sure] except you could perform these wicked cool [and disgusting at that age in my life] fatalities to the creatures you fought. I remember my cousin had the game, and i always looked for it to buy it but i could never find it. Shit, i still check funcoland, err.. gamestop for it. But you know, i never thought of getting it on a genesis emulator! Wow, im so excited now! Gotta find the rom!!....so i can ...ehhh.. have a backup of my cousin's copy....  ph34r.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3]