xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Most Annoying Game Moments.  (Read 104 times)

jackster

• Archived User
Most Annoying Game Moments.
« on: March 31, 2003, 05:19:00 AM »

I saw a post like this ages ago on a different websites and wondered what you guys think is the most annoying game moments ever. Stuff like Lara dying to much, the scientists in Half-life, cheaps goals in ISS or the enemies in mario kart (on the snes).
Any ideas?

cantloseu

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2003, 05:41:00 AM »

dirty disc error on morrowind   grr.gif

devlkore

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2003, 06:03:00 AM »

Magneto in X-Men: Children Of The Atom on Saturn, GRR!
To this day, I have never had to fight  boss so cheap and so bloody hard.

AdmStng

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2003, 07:20:00 AM »

the great acting in "Resident Evil"  laugh.gif

yanke10

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2003, 07:22:00 AM »

that 5 minute intro in half-life that u cant skip.

jackster

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2003, 07:47:00 AM »

Did anyone ever play a game on the classic gameboy called 'the fidgettes', it had a error on it that meant you couldn't defeat the first boss. That annoyed me.

Fuzzy

• Recovered User
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2003, 08:03:00 AM »

in the american version of shenmue, everything was triggered by actions, and there was this one problem that you had to go a special way or events would never happen, well i ended up waiting 7 weeks before figuring that out ( i hate cheating and strategy guides)

switzch

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2003, 08:04:00 AM »

In splinter cell, when you have to laser mic the chinese leader on the 2nd floor and you cant skip it.  2 - 3 minutes of waiting, then 1 min (if you make it) of sneaking the fu*k out of there.

ahhhhhhh

AdmStng

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2003, 09:03:00 AM »

mike tyson in mike tyson's punch out   mad.gif

cantloseu

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2003, 09:44:00 AM »

uggghhh....hell ya, i hate mike tyson  grr.gif

Lizard_King

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2003, 11:51:00 AM »

QUOTE (yanke10 @ Mar 31 2003, 04:22 PM)
that 5 minute intro in half-life that u cant skip.

I'm with you on that one. In fact, all unskippable cutscenes are a crime against gamers.  MGS2, a game the makers expect you to replay, should come with a "turn cutscenes and radio off" option, imho.  Even though they are skippable, they annoy the crap out of me.

For instance, in Suikodan III, a very unforgiving RPG, none of the cutscenes are skippable, AND they require you to tap X periodically to advance them every time a character speaks (which by the way is in 100% text).  Not only do you have to sit through a cut scene every time you replay certain parts, but you can't even go do something else for the appointed amount of time as it will not progress. This severely limits the replayability of even a game with such a wonderful and multifaceted plot...hell, it minimizes the chance I'll beat it even the first time through.

I thought the Solidus choking Raiden sequence, right after the metal gear battle in MGS2, was absolutely the worst thing ever, particularly in the xbox version.  With the PS2 buttons, passing it on hard and extreme is not that hard.  With the xbox's much deeper pressing buttons, it is an agonizing and thankless experience, without which you cannot get to the last boss.

Also, in many RPG's and platformers, it is basically a given that you will spend time messing around in sections you have already passed just to build up your character's stats.  I can live with that, for the most part.  But when games make you do that just to build up money so you can afford certain vital/cool upgrades, well that is just irritating.  Even worse when they make you play jackass minigames to do it.  So far I think Ratchet and Clank, Xenosaga, and Suikoden III are the worst at this...

R0GER_M007RE

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2003, 11:56:00 AM »

The NES game: Turtles 2, losing a lifebar just before going to a next level, so its practical impossible to finish the whole game off, so it ment a restart of the game

MrWizdumb

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2003, 12:21:00 PM »

blink.gif  i shoulda saved the replay, glitch and a half..  grr.gif  also when the goalie comes about 6ft out of the box and stops the ball, picks it up, then walks back into the box... i saw that once on the ps2 version, there was like 10 kids and we were all laughing our asses off biggrin.gif

Raised

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2003, 02:04:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

XB0X_Mod

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2003, 04:46:00 PM »

grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3