xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Talk About Some Old Pc Games...  (Read 39 times)

AdmStng

• Archived User
Talk About Some Old Pc Games...
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2003, 07:19:00 AM »

not a pc game but i remember playing "blades od steel" on the nes when i was a kid for hours and hours.. along with "day's of thunder" and "bionic commander"

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2003, 12:26:00 PM »

ha! I had that for the Apple, and it rocked. I always ended up crossing the streams and losing the ghosts, though. Other Apple classics I loved: Bird vs. Dr. J, Skyfox, Karateka, Lode Runner, Micro League Baseball, Harball, spy vs. spy, Gato, Silent Service.

Yes! Hardball on the C64 was much fun. It was the first sports game I ever played. A pure classic. And, the graphics actually were somewhat good for the C64.

Did you ever play Impossible Mission (yes, it backwards) for the C64?

EGOvoruhk

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2003, 02:15:00 PM »

Look into this game called "Abuse" they ported it to win32 called "Abuse32".  Fun game. I dunno if this is considered old, but it's great...Hunter/Hunted by Sierra. Kinda like Abuse, but with a cooler concept. Blackthorne by LucasArts, any SCUMM game, ie Day of the Tentacle, Sam and Max, Full Throtle. Leisure suit larry turned me into the pervert I am today. Jazz Jackrabbit! Move over Sonic, there a new rodent in town!

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2003, 02:42:00 PM »

I can remember going to computer shows, around 1991 or so, and seeing people playing Doom. I was amazed at the graphics after being a hardcore Wolfenstein 3D player

Then later the same time, I went to Hudson's (Michigan Marshall Field's before) and the computer software guy there had the shareware version of Doom and he gave it to me when I give him a few disks. Sneakernet at its best!

AdmStng

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2003, 02:48:00 PM »

Sneakernet

laugh.gif  .. i did alot of that when i was on dial up...

fadeaway

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2003, 03:06:00 PM »

Starflight 2...nuff' said. I began playing this game when I was 5 and I still could NEVER complete it. Such a fun and long lasting game for its size and age. It fits on a floppy, yet it can take years to complete (without a walkthrough). Also MOO2 was a great game. MOO3 ruined the series for me I'm hoping all of you can say the same. Civ 2 was SOO fun. Can't stop playing it even today. And I'm not sure if this counts for Old Games, but Uplink is pretty cool. Its a virutal hacking game but it is very short. It does have high replay value however.

leigao84

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2003, 03:13:00 PM »

grr.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3]