xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Damn... Long Time  (Read 78 times)

kard63

• Archived User
Damn... Long Time
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2003, 05:54:00 PM »

Damn, got me beat and mine is brand new.  I just used XP, I don't know much about servers I just wanted a bitch computer to do my work.  2.4 P4 with a GB of DDR2700 (in the mail) 2x 180GB HD, and a 40GB HD all 3 at 7200 (all contained in the server, but I can add the x-box, and 240GB in my PC if I want to pad the numbers, lol).  Ao5, 32x CDRW, 48x external sony CDRW.  Gbit nic, now I need a switch/router to support it, lol.  I think thats all.

kard63

• Archived User
Damn... Long Time
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2003, 05:57:00 PM »

Maybe you can explain the advantage of windwows 2000 advanced server.  Also, I have to login to the server, before I can make a remote desktp connection.  That seems kinda ghetto to me, maybe you know how to fix this ?

kard63

• Archived User
Damn... Long Time
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2003, 05:58:00 PM »

Adam your PM's are full, why don't you make some room for me to PM you.

AdmStng

• Archived User
Damn... Long Time
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2003, 06:28:00 PM »

QUOTE (kard63 @ Mar 27 2003, 07:58 PM)
Adam your PM's are full, why don't you make some room for me to PM you.

sorry, got into a fight with my girl.. goahead.. pm me

AdmStng

• Archived User
Damn... Long Time
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2003, 06:43:00 PM »

QUOTE (Mage @ Mar 27 2003, 07:58 PM)
Nearly no one on this site has a real use for win2k advanced server, at least not at home.
Anyways here's a url for win2k adv server:
http://www.MS.com/wi...ew/advanced.asp
Replace ms with the real word of course, since the site auto-replaces it wink.gif

routing and remote access in server allows your box to act as a router, along with NAT, thats allows machines to share a internet connection, with NAt you can set up portforwarding.. Server also has VPN, we all know what that does.. you can also set up terminal services that allows a machine to connect to a server and run a app that is installed on the server.. good if you client is very slow.. IIS allows your box to act as a web server, ftp server, and news server.  you can also install a OS right off the server.. the client has a bnoot disk and from there he can install his OS that is on the server.. there are MANY MNAY more things advanced server can do but this is all the things that would kind of benifit the home user.. i set up box with everything running, very cool stuff to play with..

EDIT: excahnge server is also fun (make sure your relays are closed laugh.gif ) and active directory is a monster wink.gif

kard63

• Archived User
Damn... Long Time
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2003, 06:50:00 PM »

I am pissed off I must login to my server before I can remotely connect.  I don't leave a keyboard on the server so it causes me to crawl under my desk and switch it every time I have to shut the server down.  Any ideas as to how to fix this ?

kard63

• Archived User
Damn... Long Time
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2003, 06:50:00 PM »

QUOTE (AdmStng @ Mar 28 2003, 02:43 AM)
Nearly no one on this site has a real use for win2k advanced server, at least not at home.
Replace ms with the real word of course, since the site auto-replaces it wink.gif

routing and remote access in server allows your box to act as a router, along with NAT, thats allows machines to share a internet connection, with NAt you can set up portforwarding.. Server also has VPN, we all know what that does.. you can also set up terminal services that allows a machine to connect to a server and run a app that is installed on the server.. good if you client is very slow.. IIS allows your box to act as a web server, ftp server, and news server.  you can also install a OS right off the server.. the client has a bnoot disk and from there he can install his OS that is on the server.. there are MANY MNAY more things advanced server can do but this is all the things that would kind of benifit the home user.. i set up box with everything running, very cool stuff to play with..

EDIT: excahnge server is also fun (make sure your relays are closed laugh.gif ) and active directory is a monster wink.gif

Are you a IT major ?

Mage

• Archived User
Damn... Long Time
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2003, 06:51:00 PM »

QUOTE (AdmStng @ Mar 27 2003, 07:43 PM)

You can do all that in server.  You don't need advanced server for that.
For future reference I've ran Linux, FreeBsd, Solaris, and Windows servers.  So yes, I know about those things.

AdmStng

• Archived User
Damn... Long Time
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2003, 07:04:00 PM »

QUOTE (kard63 @ Mar 27 2003, 08:50 PM)
QUOTE (AdmStng @ Mar 28 2003, 02:43 AM)

Are you a IT major ?

MCSA..

AdmStng

• Archived User
Damn... Long Time
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2003, 07:06:00 PM »

QUOTE (Mage @ Mar 27 2003, 08:51 PM)
QUOTE (AdmStng @ Mar 27 2003, 07:43 PM)

You can do all that in server.  You don't need advanced server for that.
For future reference I've ran Linux, FreeBsd, Solaris, and Windows servers.  So yes, I know about those things.

yes i know.. i just use advanced server becasue thats what i have.. and cat anus.. you can set up your server so you don't have to log in...

kard63

• Archived User
Damn... Long Time
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2003, 07:22:00 PM »

QUOTE (AdmStng @ Mar 28 2003, 03:06 AM)
yes i know.. i just use advanced server becasue thats what i have.. and cat anus.. you can set up your server so you don't have to log in...

Hmm... Maybe you tell me how and I let you login to my server to browse around it for goodies smile.gif

kard63

• Archived User
Damn... Long Time
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2003, 07:30:00 PM »

QUOTE (Mage @ Mar 28 2003, 03:29 AM)
Proclaiming that you use win2k adv server and people can PM you to get an account on your site, and that they have to upload 1 gig to get that account, is screaming out non-legit shit.
I think a mod should delete this thread for obvious reasons.

Cheerio has observed, posted and it seems connected to the ftp, so don't be a hater.

kard63

• Archived User
Damn... Long Time
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2003, 07:35:00 PM »

Thats not exactly it.  Cheerio doesn't lock illegal threads (and I am not sayign this one is), he locks threads for fun.  So you see, its entirely different.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
Damn... Long Time
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2003, 07:38:00 PM »

Ok.. PIRATE FTP THREAD LOCKED!

Cheerio

• Archived User
Damn... Long Time
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2003, 04:26:00 AM »

uhh.gif  unsure.gif  blink.gif  ph34r.gif
Pages: 1 [2]