xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: I Need A Computer Whiz  (Read 237 times)

havoc

• Archived User
I Need A Computer Whiz
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2003, 12:16:00 PM »

And drive letter is set based on it's place on the IDE channels, so if it's secondary slave it'll get a letter like F: if it's primary slave it'll get the name E:, Primary Master C: and Secondary Master D:

i understand that what im saying is my 40 gig hdd is on my primary as master and it is showing up as f drive

Tripamang

• Archived User
I Need A Computer Whiz
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2003, 01:03:00 PM »

the 40 gig must not have the right jumpers on it... and how is the system booting with no C drive?

havoc

• Archived User
I Need A Computer Whiz
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2003, 01:27:00 PM »

how is the system booting with no C drive?

that is my question

the 40 gig is jumpered correctly i have it on master with slave present

AdmStng

• Archived User
I Need A Computer Whiz
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2003, 01:37:00 PM »

ok.. first i would see if it a windows error.. meaning go into another os (DOS maby) and see if the problem is still there. if not, an easy solution for some would to just reinstall windows.. that is the "lazy" way of fixing your problem. or just search for people with the same problem (google).

question: in "disk managment" does it come up as a 600MB DRIVE  or   a 600MB partition?
question: Do you really need that information on that drive? is it original stuff ( eg: homework, etc) or is it a couple hours on kazza?

if your running Win 2000, XP and you just don't care about the info on the drive (and it is only coming up as a 600 PARTITION) just wipe the whole drive and get your space back. sorry if some of this was already covered...

havoc

• Archived User
I Need A Computer Whiz
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2003, 02:22:00 PM »

question: in "disk managment" does it come up as a 600MB DRIVE or a 600MB partition?
question: Do you really need that information on that drive? is it original stuff ( eg: homework, etc) or is it a couple hours on kazza?

it sees a 600mb drive

it is ten gigz of albums that i have been collecting for years off mirc that  is why it is important to me.

i will try a reinstall of xp with a different xp version i have a feeling my xp is botched or something

AdmStng

• Archived User
I Need A Computer Whiz
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2003, 02:22:00 PM »

heres an example of my partitions taking up the full drive. is yourz taking up the whole drive?

user posted image

AdmStng

• Archived User
I Need A Computer Whiz
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2003, 02:26:00 PM »

QUOTE (havoc @ Feb 22 2003, 11:22 PM)
question: in "disk managment" does it come up as a 600MB DRIVE or a 600MB partition?

it sees a 600mb drive

it is ten gigz of albums that i have been collecting for years off mirc that  is why it is important to me.

i will try a reinstall of xp with a different xp version i have a feeling my xp is botched or something

we posted at the same time.....

anyway.. you get your ver of XP off the internet? caouse mine had many problems.. and the program you used that enabled you to veiw your whole drive but had to pay for it, are you still able to use that prog now?

havoc

• Archived User
I Need A Computer Whiz
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2003, 06:25:00 PM »

anyway i got my drives straightened out...

i actually installed xp so much i memorized the key.....

now i just gotta save my ten gigz

knwoledgeiv if your around i could use that dos boot disc thanks
Pages: 1 2 [3]