xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: TV To Buy :  (Read 79 times)

Lizard_King

• Archived User
TV To Buy :
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2003, 10:17:00 PM »

QUOTE (FlyinHawaiian @ Jan 28 2003, 08:29 AM)
Go with the WEGA!

I have the Sony XBR36 WEGA and I love it!  The only drawback (and this is a REALLY big drawback) is that these telelvisions are extremely heavy.  If you will be moving in the near future, or with any frequency at all, I would strongly consider a different TV.  I recently moved and had to hire a moving company to specifically deal with the WEGA (my father, brother, and I could not move it alone!).  When I told the company that I needed a television moved they immediately asked me if it was a Sony WEGA televison.  

A beautiful set, without question, but at $200 a pop everytime that I have to have it moved...I'm not sure it's worth the hassle.  I do think that the picture is much clearer than projection televisions though.

Anyway, happy shopping smile.gif

it weighs 230 pounds?  Holy Crap!

gainpresence

• Archived User
TV To Buy :
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2003, 10:19:00 PM »

MrWizdumb

• Archived User
TV To Buy :
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2003, 10:42:00 PM »

rolleyes.gif

kard63

• Archived User
TV To Buy :
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2003, 11:30:00 PM »

I have a 57" widescreen Hitachi HDTV about 6 mos. old.  I don't stretch, compact, or expand (more equal than just stretching).  I watch everything in the format it was intended to be, what a CRAZY idea.  If I rent a standard screen DVD (not often), gaming, or watching TV I have it in 4:3.  That means I have a vertical bar on each side and the part of my tv put to use is the equivelent of a 46" tv.  Well, the bars by default are an ugly ass light grey color.  I was told that if I made them black all the time (like I said I would) I would get burn.  It happened almost imeediately but its really hard to notice.  I still make the vertical bars black, its so insignicant that I don't even care if it gets worse.  But I am like that.  Its my way until its useless and then I will just replace it.  Some people have a problem with that kind of ideology, but they are watching TV on a 1976 RCA in a big ass cabinet, lol.  One thing is for sure, a new RCA isn't going to last that long.  Its amazing how over the 90's RCA got so bad so fast and JVC went form the worst to great.
Pages: 1 2 [3]