xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Best Ever...  (Read 102 times)

MorfiusX

• Archived User
Best Ever...
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2003, 02:02:00 PM »

Well, I can't limit myself to three...

- Final Fantasy 3 (US)
- Zelda (Orig for NES)
- Super Metroid
- Half Life
- The Whole Damn Final Fantasy Series
- Halo
- Gran Turismo
- Splinter Cell

And probably a lot more that I am forgetting.

LinksAwakening

• Archived User
Best Ever...
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2003, 02:46:00 PM »

Another one of my favorite games is Quackshot for Sega Genesis.

None of my friends think it's good, just because the main character is Donald Duck. They never even played the game.

This game is totally sweet!! Has anyone else played Quackshot for Genesis?

jaezar

• Archived User
Best Ever...
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2003, 02:55:00 PM »

wink.gif

meltdown

• Archived User
Best Ever...
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2003, 03:04:00 PM »

Ok let's see:

FPS-
Battlefield 1942 (this is just a bad ass WW-II sim)
Return to Castle Wolfenstein (when I don't feel like quite so much realism but want team play)
and Q-III or UT:2k3 for fragalicious fun (and I am sorry but UC sucks the big one, a controller is no equal to mouse and keyboard)
Of course for uber present day realism I go for any of the Clancy games.

RTS-
Starcraft (eh give me Protoss any day over those sickening Orcs and humans of WC)
Force Commander (not strictly an RTS but fun as hell)

RPG-
Neverwinter Nights (Hell I'm running Linux on my XBox just so I can run a NWN server from it, and I'll give the NWN client a try when it is out)
Morrowind (PC version NOT XBox)
Daggerfall

Console-
FF-I (sorry I hate the techno crap they put into it, the original is still the best in my opinion)
Splinter Cell (Raven Shield will probably beat it out)
All the Metal Gears (though after Sam Fisher, Snake is a wuss)
HALO and Timesplitters II (probably the best and only endearing FPS's I've played on a console)

Of course these are just my opinions and if you don't agree with me, well then you're wrong... j/k  But seriously, this is just what I like.

plehem12

• Archived User
Best Ever...
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2003, 03:09:00 PM »

pop.gif  beerchug.gif

jaezar

• Archived User
Best Ever...
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2003, 03:11:00 PM »

QUOTE (iam @ Jan 24 2003, 11:00 PM)
1. The first Unreal Tournament for PC

The first Unreal Tornament!!....... I REMEMBER THAT ONE!!...  beerchug.gif  beerchug.gif
Was impressed!... gosh!..this is bringing back memories!...  

pilotz69

• Archived User
Best Ever...
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2003, 03:18:00 PM »

Top 3 (ish)

Excited to see my top pick hasn't been mentioned

1) Contra (Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start) The birth (one of the first) of the console "cheat"

2) Gran Turismo - I agree 110% with 'N00bvin' (notice the lack of regard for numbers) This game raised the bar and set the standard for physics and gameplay when it comes to racing simulators.

3) I'm gonna go on a limb and say (I'm gonna date myself here) Zork (the original). If you know of the game you will understand why I am going on a limb

darylzero

• Archived User
Best Ever...
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2003, 03:20:00 PM »

QUOTE (LinksAwakening @ Jan 24 2003, 10:46 PM)

None of my friends think it's good, just because the main character is Donald Duck. They never even played the game.

Dude I was hooked on quackshot.  Also, the Mickey Mouse game was good for sega genesis

Andy

• Archived User
Best Ever...
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2003, 03:52:00 PM »

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

theagent

• Archived User
Best Ever...
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2003, 04:00:00 PM »

1) Contra (Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start) The birth (one of the first) of the console "cheat"

d00d com'on up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, B, A, SELECT, START (2 player cheat)

LinksAwakening

• Archived User
Best Ever...
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2003, 04:44:00 PM »

QUOTE (darylzero @ Jan 24 2003, 11:20 PM)
QUOTE (LinksAwakening @ Jan 24 2003, 10:46 PM)

Dude I was hooked on quackshot.  Also, the Mickey Mouse game was good for sega genesis

Do you mean World Of Illusion?

I loved that game. I used to play it for like 4 hours a day after school when I was a little kid.

Man, I got to go dust off my Genesis and start playing my old games!

theagent

• Archived User
Best Ever...
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2003, 05:29:00 PM »

Oh I love that cheat.. its ingrained in our heads for life now

laugh.gif hell yeah-i don't even remember my address 2 years ago...but i still remember that cheat without even hesitating for a moment.

Raised

• Archived User
Best Ever...
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2003, 05:35:00 PM »

blink.gif

EDIT: F00k the 3 limitation  laugh.gif   : Grand Theft Auto (all) and Midtown Madness!

N00bvin

• Archived User
Best Ever...
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2003, 06:04:00 PM »

Hell... I can't believe it... I forgot John Madden football (I saw someone else mention it thank god)...

This is the game that I've probably logged over 10,000 hours on (we're talking all the versions).  It's the game that stopped me from being an actual athlete to a virtual athlete, and single-handedly is responsible for at least 50 extra pounds of body weight.  Because of this game (with an assist from NBA Live series... from back when it was Lakers vs. Celtics until now) I'm now a semi-fatass, and lucky because I fooled a hot Japanese chick to be my wife.

John Madden is both my strength (I'm damn near undefeatd, with a lifetime winning percentage of .935) and my weakness (I'm naming my child that will be born in May "Touchdown" be it a boy or girl).

John Madden Football, when I first saw it on PS2... after years of playing it on PS1 and Genesis... damn near made me cry with joy (oky, I did cry).  It was beautiful... jaggies and all.

I think I forgot it on my original list because I take it for granted.  I play it everyday... like brushing my teeth or taking a shower, it's just something I do.  

Yes, I would have to say that John Madden Football when my "Lifetime Achievement Award" for video games.  It seems like many folks here love RPGs... and in my experience, those two genres of games are not like by the same people.  If you like RPGs, then in all likelyhood you'll think I'm insane.  If you're a sports game fanatic like I am... I think you will understand...

Viva la Madden!!!

Rollo

• Archived User
Best Ever...
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2003, 06:41:00 PM »

Yes, because in the US we learn that numbers don't fucking matter, because if some country tries to say they do, we can just bomb there asses.

You see the metric system here in the US?! Fuck no... we do NOT accept a number system from other countries. You think this war in Iraq is about terrorism... HELL NO, it's about NUMBERS son!!!

Fuckin metric system pukes!

That is some funny shit! beerchug.gif

OK all you cheaters, the post says three and i'm giving three.

Tron cabinet
Killer Instinct cabinet
MKII cabinet

no console game is as cool as a stand-up you had to beg yo mom to put money in.
Pages: 1 [2] 3