xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: To All Americans ;)  (Read 362 times)

gainpresence

• Archived User
To All Americans ;)
« Reply #90 on: December 06, 2002, 08:34:00 PM »

good lord, somebody lock this

socrates

• Archived User
To All Americans ;)
« Reply #91 on: December 06, 2002, 08:37:00 PM »

huh.gif  wow man some people sure are inbred, oh i mean dumb.  muhaha.gif ....hack hack hack HICK hack hack INBRED HICK hack cough hack,

dapoopta

• Archived User
To All Americans ;)
« Reply #92 on: December 06, 2002, 09:20:00 PM »

they may have tim  hortans , be we got KRISPY KREMES MOTHER FUCKERS :-)

Dark Schneider

• Archived User
To All Americans ;)
« Reply #93 on: December 06, 2002, 09:26:00 PM »

comp.gif

M3_DeL

• Archived User
To All Americans ;)
« Reply #94 on: December 06, 2002, 10:33:00 PM »

tongue.gif

But seriously

Can't we all just get along and know that I am the ruler of the world and you will all bow down to me soon?  blink.gif

socrates

• Archived User
To All Americans ;)
« Reply #95 on: December 07, 2002, 12:08:00 AM »

well i do love timmys coffee but i have heard that we now have a crispy cremes here in ontario,never tried it yet but plan on seeing what all the hype is about.

HaZoRdUs

• Archived User
To All Americans ;)
« Reply #96 on: December 07, 2002, 01:02:00 AM »

Australia is the best countrey in the world...

Al_Ghazi

• Archived User
To All Americans ;)
« Reply #97 on: December 07, 2002, 01:26:00 AM »

Ace...

I know this is a chaotic post, but in reference to the comments re: Palestine (above) - yes you are right - Israel is in violation of several UN security council mandates, Israel uses military force on civilian population, Israel is in violation of International Human Rights (destroying homes of family members - as you mentions) and they invade their neighbours at will.   Whenever Israeli troops invade the west bank, they seize govt. offices - shoot Palestinian Police in the back of the head defecate in the file cabinets, piss on the computers (and so on...), and then complain that the Palestinian Police are not keeping terrorists under control.

Anyway - never let it be said that a group of people does not have a collective memory.  I think that a lot of the folks now living in Israel were victims of the atrocities of Nazi Germany, and it appears this has been a learning experience.

And these guys are our biggest ally. Make you sick huh?

Even the Republicans kiss Israel’s ass.   Can you guess why?

socrates

• Archived User
To All Americans ;)
« Reply #98 on: December 07, 2002, 07:36:00 AM »

Who says that??

Ace25

• Archived User
To All Americans ;)
« Reply #99 on: December 07, 2002, 08:06:00 AM »

If you read all 20 pages, you will see this discussion has moved around quiet a bit and is not limited to just USA vs Canada...

My comment on suicide bombers, yes, it is terrible, should never be done, all that bad stuff... but just stop for a second and TRY and imagine living in their shoes for the past 40 years... I can not say that I would not do the same things they are doing at this point if I have to live like that my whole life... All they want is their own country and to be recognized, but since they want the birthplace of christ, no way will isreal allow that.. I know its a lot more complicated than that.. its 7am on a sat, dont really feel like getting to deep into it right now..

Dark Schneider

• Archived User
To All Americans ;)
« Reply #100 on: December 07, 2002, 09:46:00 AM »

huh.gif

I do not pretend to be an authority on this subject, and these are just my personal views.

However lets just forget the past for the moment, and the creation of an Israeli state by force if you will. Put yourself in their shoes for a second in current history, for that is what the people of both sides are living in, not the past.

Can any of you imagine sending your child off to school, and later on that day watching the television as reporters tell the story of yet another "terrorist" attack on a civilain target. And there in the rubble you see a partial piece of metal with the name of your childs school bus still burning?
Then that same day your husband or wife is shot to death in crossfire between Palestinian and Israeli soldiers? You are not a soldier, you do not want to kill anyone, but now you have lost your family. What would you do? Would you feel so bad that your people have sent in tanks and warplanes to kill those that support these people?

Can you also imagine sitting in your house, watching the television in horror as another person claiming to be a holy suicide bomber for your people blow up another school bus of children? You yourself have your child sitting next to you, wondering what those parents are going through at this moment? You are just a normal person trying to make your way through life, and trying to teach your children the correct ways, and here are people boasting the deaths of women and children all in the name of your culture. What would you feel as those tanks roll in response to the "holy" warriors that claimed more lives than you can count. Would you yourself do the same thing if it was your child that was killed so brutally and senselessly for reasons that only exist in the past. Then would you yourself want to seek revenge against those that sent the tanks that have just killed your neighbour, and destroyed the house that you worked so hard for.

Just a thought guys...just a thought.

If this was Mexico sending terrorist bombers to the U.S.A. because of our occupation of Texas and other land that we took in the past...how long do you honestly think it would last before the U.S.A. with it's military force decided strike back hard and fast?

It's the same thing, just different countries guys.

iam

• Archived User
To All Americans ;)
« Reply #101 on: December 07, 2002, 09:56:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

Dark Schneider

• Archived User
To All Americans ;)
« Reply #102 on: December 07, 2002, 10:00:00 AM »

The History of Peanut Butter and Jelly

Peanut butter and jelly are staples in Americans' kitchen cupboards. But how did these family favorites get together to create the revered PB&J sandwich? Food historians do not know exactly when the very first PB&J was eaten, but it is a fairly recent phenomenon -- dating back only as far as the 1940s. The J.M. Smucker Company has compiled a timeline tracing the journey of the beloved childhood icon and its ancestors… peanut butter, jelly and bread.

3,000 BC Egyptians Bake the First Leavened Bread
Ancient Egyptians are believed to be the first to have baked leavened (raised) bread. About 3,000 B.C., they started fermenting a flour and water mixture using wild yeast.

1500 BC Peanuts Discovered
Peanut-shaped jars and pottery decorated with this famous legume have been found in South America dating back as far as 3,500 years ago. Graves of the ancient Incas discovered along the western coast of South America often contained jars filled with peanuts as food for the "afterlife".

150 BC Bread Baker's Get Organized
In Rome, the first bakers' guilds were formed and affluent Romans began insisting on the more exclusive and expensive white bread -- a preference of Europeans and English speaking people to this day. Around this same time, the first mechanical dough-mixer was invented.

14 AD Early Recipes Published
The world’s first known recipe book, Of Culinary Matters, was written by the Roman gastronome Marcus Gavius Apicius in the first century. Among others, the book includes recipes for fruit preserves.

1095 – 1097 Jelly and Jam "Spread" throughout Europe
The precise origin of preserved fruit remains debatable, however, jams, jellies and preserves most likely originated in the Middle East. It is believed that the soldiers returning from the First Crusade helped spread the popularity of jelly and jam throughout Europe during the Middle Ages.

1561 Orange Marmalade Created
Marmalade, a fruit jelly with shreds of citrus fruit peel, is thought to have been created in 1561 by the physician to Mary, Queen of Scots, when he mixed oranges and crushed sugar to help settle her upset stomach.

1600s Jelly Comes to America
Books on fruit spread-making were published by the late 17th century. In the United States, early New England settlers preserved fruits with honey, molasses or maple sugar. Pectin extracted from apple parings was used to thicken jellies.

1762 - 1763 The First Sandwich
John Montague (1718 - 1792), The Fourth Earl of Sandwich, was a notorious gambling man who often went from pub to pub in London on gambling marathons. To satisfy his hunger while continuing to gamble, he ordered slices of meat between two pieces of bread. In 1762, this combination became known as "the sandwich".

1890 Peanut Butter Invented
An unknown physician from St. Louis first invented peanut butter to provide his patients with an easy-to-digest, high protein food.

1897 The J.M. Smucker Company Founded
Now the nation's leading jam and jelly-maker, the Smucker Company began over 100 years ago when the founder, Jerome M. Smucker, made apple butter using an old family recipe. He sold his first products from the back of a horse-drawn wagon and hand-signed every package as his personal guarantee of quality.

1900 Soft White Bread Introduced
The sandwich became very popular in the American diet when soft white bread was introduced in the early 1900's.

1903 George Washington Carver, Father of the Peanut Industry
Dr. George Washington Carver began his peanut research at Tuskeegee Institute in Alabama. While peanut butter had already been created by then, Dr. Carver developed more than 300 other uses for peanuts and so improved peanut horticulture that he is considered by many to be the father of the peanut industry.

1914 Commercial Peanut Butters Introduced
Several dozen commercial brands of peanut butter were being marketed by 1914.

1927 The Greatest Invention…Sliced Bread
Iowa-born salesman and inventor O.F. Rohweder built a mechanical bread slicer, but the sliced loaves were sloppy looking and didn't sell. In 1928, St. Louis baker Gustav Papendick put sliced loaves in cardboard trays and wrapped them -- making sliced bread a huge success.

1940 Jams, Jellies and Preserves… There is a Difference
The Food and Drug Administration established Standards of Identity for what constitutes jam, jelly, preserves and fruit butters.

1940s PB&J Becomes Popular
Food historians do not know exactly when the peanut butter and jelly sandwich was first prepared and there have been no advertisements or mentions of PB&J before the 1940s. It is known, however, that both peanut butter and jelly were on the U.S. Military ration menus in WWII and some have suggested that the GIs added jelly to their peanut butter to make it more palatable. It was an instant hit and returning GIs made peanut butter and jelly sales soar in the U.S.

1958 Jif® Peanut Butter Introduced
In 1955, Procter & Gamble entered the peanut butter business by acquiring W.T. Young Foods in Lexington, Kentucky, makers of Big Top Peanut Butter. They introduced Jif® in 1958, which is now America's leading brand of peanut butter, and eventually opened the world's largest peanut butter plant ~ churning out 250,000 jars a day.

1968 Goober® Introduced
Smucker's® introduced Goober®, a striped peanut butter and jelly product for kids. Goober combined wholesome fresh-roasted peanuts with Smucker's Concord Grape or Strawberry Jelly to create peanut butter and jelly perfection… all in one jar.

1976 Peanut Farmer Jimmy Carter Elected President
Jimmy Carter's parents, Earl and Lillian Carter, owned a peanut farm outside the small town of Plains, Georgia. After 10 years in the military, Jimmy returned to home in 1953 to help his family run the prosperous peanut farm. In 1969 he was elected State Senator -- leading up to his victory in the 1976 Presidential election.

1993 World's Largest Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich
The world's largest peanut butter and jelly sandwich measured almost 40 feet long. It contained 150 pounds of peanut butter and 50 pounds of homemade jelly and was created November 6, 1993 in Peanut, Pennsylvania.

2000 Uncrustables® Introduced
Smucker's unveiled Uncrustables®, a convenient thaw-and-serve peanut butter and jelly sandwich with the crust already removed.

flagg

• Archived User
To All Americans ;)
« Reply #103 on: December 07, 2002, 10:28:00 AM »

The moral of this story, guns don't kill, but religion does

I just might get that tattooed<sp?> on me.   smile.gif

Israel / Palestine conflict is basically two countries to stubborn to admit one may have a valid point.
I don't even think they know why they are fighting anymore.  Myself?  I honestly dont think there will EVER be peace in that land.   Even if an agreement is reached between the "leaders" of either side, there are too many fanatics for either side that will continue fighting. I think the United States should pull all support to israel, and let them fight it out.   I'm sick of our country attempting to be worldwide police.  We have our own problems, and quite frankly we havent done a bit of good in Israel.

86peaches

• Archived User
To All Americans ;)
« Reply #104 on: December 07, 2002, 10:46:00 AM »

QUOTE (socrates @ Dec 7 2002, 03:36 PM)
Who says that??

somebody did. can't be bothered to go through 20 pages to find it though.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9