xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Cd Audio  (Read 27 times)

socrates

• Archived User
Cd Audio
« on: September 25, 2002, 08:37:00 AM »

Ever since i installed evolutionx dashboard on my xbox i cant seem to listen to normal audio cds anymore, i load up the xbox with a cd and it just sits there jumping back and forth from my evo dash board to my evo loading wallpaper...........i even tried opening the cd up in boxplorer but i wont reconize the cds anymore..............................did i mess somthing up or is this just a down fall...i also cant seem to play movie files or anything media related, never have been able to ever since evo dash was installed.....................its not really the cds i want to work, i want to be able to upload mp3's to my xbox and play them off of it, but i dont know how?

socrates

• Archived User
Cd Audio
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2002, 06:12:00 AM »

No my c:\ drive is a complete mess, i have 4 different .xbe files on the c:\ drive, i wouldnt know where to begin on which one i would need to rename.

opjose

• Archived User
Cd Audio
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2002, 09:09:00 AM »

See this?
----- Snip ----
[Misc]

AutoLaunchGames   = No
AutoLaunchDVD   = No
DVDPlayer   = "c:\msxboxdash.xbe"
AutoLaunchAudio   = Yes
AudioPlayer   = "c:\msxboxdash.xbe"
MSDashBoard   = "c:\msxboxdash.xbe"
UseFDrive   = No
SkinName   = HackBox

It's from my c:\evox.ini file.

The two top lines PREVENT Evolution X from Auto launching DVD's and Games. The fourth line tells it to USE the renamed MS default dash to play back AUDIO CD's.

Your evox.ini "autoplayer" line is pointing to something which doesn't exist on your Xbox.

So it tries to launch the player, fails, drops back to Evolution-X, detects an audio CD, attempts to launch the player, fails, ....

FIX IT!