xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How Hard Is It To....  (Read 26 times)

Col.Havoc

• Archived User
How Hard Is It To....
« on: August 12, 2002, 03:48:00 AM »

Also, I was looking at diagrams on how to open up the x-box, and was just wondering, If I wanted to install an x-ecuter, whould I have to remove the MB too, or not? And also, if I did how? I know about the 11 screws but how do I lift it out?

N00bvin

• Archived User
How Hard Is It To....
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2002, 05:37:00 AM »

It's not hard at all really, if you've ever messed around with computers... it's 1000x easier than the g'damn PS2!!!

I can't say about installing an X-cuter... hopefully, someone else can give you the info.

Trust me, you can take apart the Xbox really easy, and the soldering is easy enough for a beginner... nice big fat pads!!!

Col.Havoc

• Archived User
How Hard Is It To....
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2002, 03:18:00 PM »

QUOTE (N00bvin @ Aug 12 2002, 11:37 AM)

Trust me, you can take apart the Xbox really easy, and the soldering is easy enough for a beginner... nice big fat pads!!!

Lol, the complete noob is here!!!

Also, where is the best place that you have found to order from, I want it fast, but still don't want to pay too much  biggrin.gif (limited Budget) and also, what type of switch should I use with the X-Ecuter, or does any old one work fine?

Hawk

• Archived User
How Hard Is It To....
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2002, 05:55:00 PM »

QUOTE (N00bvin @ Aug 12 2002, 11:37 AM)
It's not hard at all really, if you've ever messed around with computers... it's 1000x easier than the g'damn PS2!!!

I saw someone install a Neo modchip for PS2 and yeah, it's a bitch to take apart!

The Xbox is

Here's a link to take the box apart: http://www.xbox-scen...icles/open1.php

Basically, it's just a small PC and everything goes into a logical place. There's really no way you can take it apart and completely screw up getting it back together (unless you get slapped with the stupid stick before putting it back together).

Col.Havoc

• Archived User
How Hard Is It To....
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2002, 06:32:00 PM »

What about installing the X-ecuter, do i have to remove the MotherBoard to do it?

lythoboy

• Archived User
How Hard Is It To....
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2002, 07:35:00 PM »

What about installing the X-ecuter, do i have to remove the MotherBoard to do it?

You should be able to do it without taking the whole motherboard out, it gets fitted onto the top... look at this diagram..
user posted image

You'll have to remove the board if you want to be able to flash the bios. but lets leave that for now..

Col.Havoc

• Archived User
How Hard Is It To....
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2002, 07:39:00 PM »

Cool, but where do I put the switch?