xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox 360 Cracks Japan: Blue Dragon 360 SE Bundles Sell Out  (Read 124 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Cracks Japan: Blue Dragon 360 SE Bundles Sell Out
« on: October 19, 2006, 07:44:00 AM »

Posted by XanTium | October 19 09:37 EST

From computerandvideogames.com:

Ladies and gentlemen, you might want to sit down; the Xbox 360 has sold out In Japan. Well, the special-edition Blue Dragon bundles have, anyway.

Pre-orders began yesterday for the SE bundle, of which there are 10,000 units, and it miraculously managed to sell out in Japan almost immediately, with the additional 90,000 'standard' bundles reportedly selling fast.

According to 1up.com, one major online retailer managed to sell out of their SE allotment in five minutes, with others managing to last most of the day.

Read More: computerandvideogames.com

grim_d

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 06:54:00 AM »

this can only be a big step in the right directon (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Ninja Sniper X

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 07:03:00 AM »

Haha I knew all the Japanese wanted was a LE bundle full of odly colored dragon assortments haha.

BecomethemonsteR

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 07:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(Ninja Sniper X @ Oct 19 2006, 09:03 AM) *

Haha I knew all the Japanese wanted was a LE bundle full of odly colored dragon assortments haha.

Hehe...  soooo true!

BasicAir

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 07:34:00 AM »

I wouldn't get too excited.. MS will have to pull off like at least 5 more of these "mini miracles" in Japan before they successfully capture enough of the market.

And honestly, I don't see that happening.

It's still good news. Good job, MS.

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 08:11:00 AM »

I find that hilarious they won't buy it till it comes with a figureen  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/jester.gif)

rasstar

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 08:13:00 AM »

I think MS has a much better lineup of Japanese type games than any of the other systems. I knew all the Japs wanted was a good Japanese RPG. Hopefully MS will continue to deliver.

This post has been edited by rasstar: Oct 19 2006, 03:13 PM

Landlocked

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 08:23:00 AM »

Kudos for someone at MS hiring someone who could find a small niche in the market. Even if the 360 were 10x better than PS3, it would still be a very difficult market to crack. Japanese are very fond of domestically produced products and market controls make reasonably-priced imports all but impossible.

Anthrox

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 08:35:00 AM »

im sure with this news it will make other jap dev look into 360 now

im sure microsoft would be giving any jap dev SWEET deals aswell it can only be a good thing for the whole industy over there but still they need a game that hits the 1 million mark like everyother system that does well ds and ps2 seem to have a far few 1million sellers in the 1st week latest i hear pokemon sold like 2.5 million copys in a week

but little steps are the key and microsoft seems to be playing it right atm they just need to keep the flow of games coming

good job microsoft

miggidy

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2006, 09:25:00 AM »

I'm not surprised at all.
Blue Dragon has consistantly ranked high in Japanese gamers most anticipated titles (check Famitsu).
If Blue Dragon scores with game critics and delivers what M$ is hoping then this game alone has the potential to push X360 hardware in Japan. Not so much as to jump the X360 to the top, but to keep it alive at least.

Japan is also keeping on eye on Sakaguchi's other X360 title, Lost Oddyssey.
Actually like Blue Dragon, L.O. is also in Japanese gamers top 10 most anticipated titles.
Now if M$ could only lure a Square "Dragon Quest" game on the X360, that would really keep the momentum going....
(I know some of you will say why not FFXIII, I don't think Square would want to port that over from the PS3. They said that they are interested in developing games catered to each console. A D.Q. game hasn't been announced for any of the next gen consoles. So there's a slight chance for an X360 version at least)

Legendary Badass

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2006, 09:27:00 AM »

MS Just has to keep making special colored bundles. What's next? How about a Gears of War bundle with black and red casing and a mini Fenix. That might turn them onto FPS band wagon.

ricflairandy

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 09:32:00 AM »

I honestly think the best thing ms could do is develop a dreamcast emulator and some kind of exclusive deal with sega for the dreamcast downloadable games. Not only world wide, but japan would love that with all of the jap fantasy games that system had. They need somthing like this to combat the ps3 offering downloadable ps1 games

BigDaddyShoo

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006, 10:09:00 AM »

I wonder how many of these were bought up by resellers that are trying to turn a profit shipping them stateside...

dmitri

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2006, 10:40:00 AM »

I think they're starting to realize that PS3 is frigging expensive, and looking at alternatives.  And Wii -vs- X360, the latter would have better RPGs and Dating sims.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

-dp

evilkeo

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2006, 12:08:00 PM »

damn, a dreamcast emulator would kick ass! project justice rocks!