xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: (USA) Analyst: 300k Xbox 360s to Ship This Week  (Read 251 times)

assmonkey

• Archived User
(USA) Analyst: 300k Xbox 360s to Ship This Week
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2005, 08:27:00 PM »

yeah i been really mad at people selling there shit for profit
they mange to get more then one
while people were still in line with none

msterling21

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2005, 08:56:00 PM »

You people need to remember, this report is coming from a research analyst covering MSFT.  One of thousands.  He does not know for a fact there will be 300k.  It's all speculation and based on estimation.   If you believe in his coverages then you should buy all his recommended stocks.

Manobeer

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2005, 09:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(Gbeav @ Dec 13 2005, 07:20 PM) View Post

I believe EB games and gamestop is getting screwed because the managers/employees have been taking the inventory and selling them on ebay. I know it sounds weird but MS has stated new units will be allocated on extras sales.
If you have no game/extras sales you should get no next shipment. I call it fair.

You are wrong, gamestop is not getting screwed.  They are doing all of the screwing.

On Launch they decided to fill all online bundle orders regardless of date the order was placed, and made those that preordered instore even as early as Late May wait.

THEN
GAMESTOP recieved a large delivery last week and instead of filling pre orders at the store level, they put them for sale online(gamestop.com) in big money bundles and those have all been delivered.

And they put more BUNDLES onsale on their website today, ships within 24 hours.

So no they did not get screwed, Most in store pre orders are paid for while online bundles do not get charged until the item ships.  So they said "screw the instore orders, we have their money" and CHOSE to make more money online.

esc1

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2005, 09:42:00 PM »

Camping is rediculous.  Could use that time to make money and be able to get one off ebay.  I can't believe anyone would camp out for a day other than launch day.

kday

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2005, 09:54:00 PM »

They will be available at Best Buy on the 18th.  They are receiving the units on the 16th, but are waiting until the 18th to actually sell them

flbeserk

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2005, 11:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(Manobeer @ Dec 14 2005, 05:07 AM) View Post

You are wrong, gamestop is not getting screwed.  They are doing all of the screwing.

On Launch they decided to fill all online bundle orders regardless of date the order was placed, and made those that preordered instore even as early as Late May wait.

THEN
GAMESTOP recieved a large delivery last week and instead of filling pre orders at the store level, they put them for sale online(gamestop.com) in big money bundles and those have all been delivered.

And they put more BUNDLES onsale on their website today, ships within 24 hours.

So no they did not get screwed, Most in store pre orders are paid for while online bundles do not get charged until the item ships.  So they said "screw the instore orders, we have their money" and CHOSE to make more money online.

what?!?!?! seriously.  no wonder cuz i find it strange they're not getting any at all, cuz the manager at the one down the street is cool with me and he said i was the next one on the list ever since after launch day.  man gamestop shafted us bad.  that's some gay shi!!!!!!

zikronix

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2005, 11:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(PlumeNoir @ Dec 14 2005, 05:54 AM) View Post

Huh. My brother lives in Chandler, and I always joke that I'd rather be in Rachel. <rimshot>

I have to call him tomorrow, but I doubt he'd know anything about it...

I live in chandler. The east valley is dry except target in awtukee they seem to get 10 every few days but they sell with in 1 minute...

gordita37

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2005, 11:45:00 PM »

I hope we can get a true specific date before its too late sad.gif

I want a xbox 360

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2005, 08:23:00 AM »

I hate these stores that do get some 360's in like Gamestop, but then charge $1000 for this huge bundle. I want the premium system then ill buy what games and accesorries i want and it wont cost me $1000

bikr

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2005, 08:24:00 AM »

At least your store has a list.  My eb doesn't even have a list yet, they just keep saying uhh you'll probably be on third shipment but we don't know.  Bunch of fsking asshats.  The fat girlfriend of one of the workers got hers when I picked up my buddies preorder with him at launch.  She cut everyone in the line etc..

Personally I think the cross sale promotion that eb did was shitty and illegal.  The systems were preordered and paid for, you can't then say well only people that give us more money can have theres on time.. It's just shady, it should have went 100% in order, one guy got 5 systems at the local eb on launch day because he bought 3 games for each, he was bragging about how he already sold 3 of them for 2000, grr.. I still don't have mine..  Got my sleeping bag ready though..

Just to clarify,  saturday night for sunday release right?

dscjbr

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2005, 08:44:00 AM »

The list your on with EBGames is a list submitted by the local store, but is being handled by their corporate distribution.    There is a master spreadsheet that they can check to see exactly where you sit.  If they aren't helping you, its because you reached a person that does not know how or is unable to access the spreadsheet.  Just ask for a manager or asst. manager and they should be able to help you.

As an aside, my buddy is an Asst. Manager there and sits in on the Corporate conference calls.  His impression is, that MS is sticking it to EBGames/Gamestop because MS wanted no part of a pre-order because they knew they were going to be be way short on opening day and piss a lot of people off who preordered.  As a dis-incentive going forward, he thinks MS is shorting the GameStop/EBGames allocations.  Truth to this?  Unknown, but I think there is some merit to this.  

If you look at it, I think this will end up working.  How many of us are going to Preorder a release in the future, when we laid money down in summer and are watching people camp out and walk out the door with one from Best Buy?  I think for things like the PS3, there will be far fewer preorders.   The camp outs create excitement.  Unfulfilled preorders cause anger.  

The other kicker, is letting people order high priced bundles off the website to get their systems, and in effect jump in front of me, who has been paid up for 5+ months now.   That also stings.  I prefer a preorder to camping out, but I think for future releases I will wait 4-6 months.

Erick

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2005, 10:34:00 AM »

thats bullshit if north america is getting 300,000 more units,  they not all going to go to best buy gamestop should get some...

flbeserk

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2005, 03:01:00 PM »

that really will suck if they do that and will only increase my rage.

willpower101

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2005, 10:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(esc1 @ Dec 13 2005, 11:49 PM) View Post

Camping is rediculous.  Could use that time to make money and be able to get one off ebay...

8 hours of camping.
spend $435 on a 360.
30 minutes to list.
turn around and sell on ebay for $900 before x-mas.
30 minutes to ship.
for a net profit of gross profit of $465.
minus:
10 dollars in gas spent idling out in the cold infront of best buy.
20 for dinner and lunch.
8 for listing fees.
31 for final value fees.
5 for packaging.
0 usps pickup service

and maybe add on an extra hour for the time spent researching where they will turn up and how many.
= $391 / 10hrs work for a net profit of $39.10 and hour.

at this rate, you can even afford to pay 4 friends $10/hr EACH to wait in line too, bringing the net income on 4 of the systems to only $29.10/hr. (acutally more because your still only spending 8 hours for 5, not 40)

when all is said and done it's looking at a nice 128$ and hour for 15 hours worth of work and a total ROI of 53%. Not a bad christmas bonus for a college student.  muhaha.gif

Pages: 1 [2]