xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Microsoft: 'Xbox 360 More Powerful than PS3'  (Read 285 times)

BigDaddyShoo

• Archived User
Microsoft: 'Xbox 360 More Powerful than PS3'
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2005, 12:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(LowProfileWurm @ Dec 9 2005, 02:32 PM) View Post

HAHAHAHA.  "Riff-raff" huh?  That's always the problem with Sony...  they step on the people that get them where they are.  Playstation is the huge name that it is now because of all the "riff-raff" that helped make great games.  I've heard good and bad things (first hand) from a developer point of view about both systems and I've got to say... Sony fans will probably be disappointed.

I'd love to hear what these developers have to say in 3 years when making games for the next-gen consoles becomes easier due to the larger developers paving the road.

Piska

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2005, 03:41:00 PM »

I dont know about the rest of you guys but revolution is where its at for next gen gaming. I will have my xbox 1 modded for Halo 2 or what not and then the revolution with crazy controlers for the real fun. so far the xbox360 hasn't impressed me much at all.

kidkinetix

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2005, 03:43:00 PM »

I guess it comes down to tools and experiance.  It's hard to really judge a console they year it comes out, Unlike a movie that should make it's  most money on the opening weekend, a console should have it's been christmas season the year after (or 2) it's debut.  Obviously the 360 can only do so well with such limited stock, but christmas 2006 is the real judge of character.

But yeah, just like some people were disappointed in the 360, there will be just as many dissapointed with the ps3 launch, but I still want it to be my next dvd player at the very least!

kidkinetix

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2005, 03:54:00 PM »

Piska, not sure if you're being sarcastic or not but the more i think about having a more interactive controller the more i want one.  There is nothing stopping ms/sony from making their own thing like this but depending on what kind of games Nintendo comes up with the more interesting it gets.  I would love to be a sword fight with a motion detected controller.  There arent enough High Quality minigames for consoles, im still wondering why there is no fuzion frenzy 2 with massive online games?

Improved Graphics right now have only been an improvement for me in one respect, things further in the distance are clearer, which helps with gameplay.  Other then that the gee-wizz factor has all but faded.  I'm hungry for something that is more creative and fun to play. not a game that rivals a pixar movie.

Romps

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2005, 03:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(kidkinetix @ Dec 9 2005, 10:50 PM) View Post

I guess it comes down to tools and experiance.  It's hard to really judge a console they year it comes out, Unlike a movie that should make it's  most money on the opening weekend, a console should have it's been christmas season the year after (or 2) it's debut.  Obviously the 360 can only do so well with such limited stock, but christmas 2006 is the real judge of character.

But yeah, just like some people were disappointed in the 360, there will be just as many dissapointed with the ps3 launch, but I still want it to be my next dvd player at the very least!

Im still waiting for sony to come out with we are going to do 2 systems one with blue ray and one without.
Because not many games will be blue ray only
all of the multi formats will be dvd only
if we see any blueray only games they will be exclusives only and full of videos not game.
For the first few years of ps3 it would proberly be cheaper to put a game on 10 dvds then one br disc.

kidkinetix

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2005, 04:00:00 PM »

I don't think sony will have 2 versions.  I think it's important for them to get Blu-Ray technology in as many households as they can, they have a lot to gain with 'Sony Pictures Home Entertainment' selling Hi-Definition Movies (finally %$!RQW%).

mgamer20o0

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2005, 04:48:00 PM »

i am personally getting sick of all this xbox is better then ps3 and ps3 is better then the xbox 360. until both of them are out and had a little time for some programmers to work it its hard to tell what one is more powerful.

Lerxst

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2005, 04:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(mgamer20o0 @ Dec 9 2005, 05:55 PM) View Post

i am personally getting sick of all this xbox is better then ps3 and ps3 is better then the xbox 360. until both of them are out and had a little time for some programmers to work it its hard to tell what one is more powerful.

I think you actually have agood point here. Besides the article is very lame becauase it is coming from a M$ bean counter, and there are no specifics - just a bean counters opinion. I don't even know why this was posted as news.

Also, the old addage goes: "It's not the size that matters, it's how you use it"

Just a little perspective... wink.gif

~Lerxst

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2005, 05:14:00 PM »

Im not getting a ps3 cause i cant afford it. dry.gif

whoadae

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2005, 05:38:00 PM »

You do realize that no game will fill a blu-ray disk let alone a dvd. maybe if they fill it full of HD video, but that's not a game, that's video. And if dvd becomes too small, I'm sure there will be games that could require the HDD. A game that comes with a preloader dvd that loads the hdd with the stuff that didnt fit on the gameplay dvd.

zX_Storm

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2005, 07:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(whoadae @ Dec 9 2005, 09:45 PM) View Post

You do realize that no game will fill a blu-ray disk let alone a dvd. maybe if they fill it full of HD video, but that's not a game, that's video. And if dvd becomes too small, I'm sure there will be games that could require the HDD. A game that comes with a preloader dvd that loads the hdd with the stuff that didnt fit on the gameplay dvd.

And I would like to point out that games such as PGR2 were about 6gb. Now, why stop there? PGR3 supposedly is much bigger. I wouldn't doubt soon enough that a DVD-9 can be maxed out on a X360, especially with those kinds of graphics. DVD-9's are gonna be no-doubt the most common format for X360 games (ones that use the power, at least).

crobar

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2005, 07:52:00 PM »

pgr3 was huge because i was stuffed with music...way too much music and i havent seen  the games sizes posted anywhere yet...so basicly its all BS for now
the ps3 isnt out for us to even compare
yes its true a hand full of devs have "bad mouthed" it one on this site even.
but thats still the dev kit
im no sony fan but you cant judge the system before its out
great graphics in a game alone is like watching the movie tripple x....
if you like that kind of midless shit you will buy the system wiht the best graphics  
but if you like gamer play...witch is first and formost the #1 factor in a games sucess
go wiht the system who has the fun games you like to play.
nintendo gets this
sony and MS have yet to catch on.

BIGMANSLIM

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2005, 08:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(Lerxst @ Dec 9 2005, 07:05 PM) View Post

Also, the old addage goes: "It's not the size that matters, it's how you use it"

Just a little perspective... wink.gif

~Lerxsts the motion of the ocean.

i was about to say its not the size of the boat that counts, it
Pages: 1 [2]