xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Microsoft Answers on Xbox 360 Issues: Isolated Problems  (Read 267 times)

swebarb

• Archived User
Microsoft Answers on Xbox 360 Issues: Isolated Problems
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2005, 11:02:00 AM »

Seems like they rushed the xbox without enough testing of the cooling system. That many users so far with a faulty console is not good for MS. Its really embarassing to be honest, and as a customer buying it go home hoping to play and the damn thing overheats is just crazy.

athirne

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2005, 01:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(garlm @ Nov 24 2005, 07:05 PM)
Yeah, it is interesting for a general idea though. At least, at this point we can suggest, "No *more* than 15.7 or whatever %".

aepuppetmaster

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2005, 02:43:00 PM »

smile.gif ).  so i think some may work just not built totaly right.

ashert

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2005, 12:07:00 AM »

two issues here that i see - one is that they say 'not that bad for a new electronic consumer product this complicated' - maybe if the xbox had the problems they could have said new - but cant now - secondly - its 'just a computer' and if dell brought out a new computer with this much hype and this high rate of faulty units - it wouldnt be 'not that bad for a new electronic consumer product this complicated' - additionally the humble calculator was freeking complicated in its day - and i dont remember that many faulty calculators - especially not brand new - and in todays socity when you spend a few hundred dollars on something - and it dont work - and it dont work from day one - you shouldnt be setteling for getting it fixed - you should be demanding a complete replacement - when i buy a computer - if anything goes wrong in the first week i demand a replacement - not a repair - and i consider this thing to be a computer and in the same bucket...
/rant

Youdosuckdontyou

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2005, 08:15:00 PM »

Why don't we all just admit that MS blows. Truely look at all the shit with windows, the background on Bill Gates business ethics. Problems with the xbox 360 was not a suprise at all. They rushed the product to make it avalable to the public for christmas. More time should have been spent along with a proper release date. So everyone should just save there money and get the ps 3. We all know deep down the ps 3 will set the benchmark for the gaming industry. So evryone say what you want about me if you like i don't care for i know that one day you will realize what i am saying and stop indorsing MS.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2005, 08:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(ashert @ Nov 25 2005, 02:14 AM) View Post

two issues here that i see - one is that they say 'not that bad for a new electronic consumer product this complicated' - maybe if the xbox had the problems they could have said new - but cant now - secondly - its 'just a computer' and if dell brought out a new computer with this much hype and this high rate of faulty units - it wouldnt be 'not that bad for a new electronic consumer product this complicated' - additionally the humble calculator was freeking complicated in its day - and i dont remember that many faulty calculators - especially not brand new - and in todays socity when you spend a few hundred dollars on something - and it dont work - and it dont work from day one - you shouldnt be setteling for getting it fixed - you should be demanding a complete replacement - when i buy a computer - if anything goes wrong in the first week i demand a replacement - not a repair - and i consider this thing to be a computer and in the same bucket...
/rant

DELL has more than this rate of faulty units. DELL is in the 2-3% range for faulty products easily. You add up all of the 360 launch day console in the wild.. and select just the ones with issues and you don't come close to one percent.

Please.. do not exagerate the problem.

I do agree with one point however, if you aren't satisfied with a purchse, by all means demand satisfaction, whether that is a refund, or an exchange, is a personal matter.

Stoopid

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2005, 01:53:00 AM »

1 Thing. Never Run a consol or a computer or any electronic on the floor. Think about how dirty your floor is. Add a fan that blows and sucks dust straight into your system and will get caked on all the componets. A friend of mine fried his xbox doing that.

Second. My personal opionion on any new concol is there will always be errors when they first come out. So I always wait at least a year till I even think about getting one. Besides most of the games coming out are still par with regular xbox new titles. Wait till the programmers learn the benifets of the system.

Ozy

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2005, 09:49:00 AM »

I don't remember this much problems with the xbox 1. Over heating yes, DDE yes. Not harware failure this much.

M$ should just get the heat problem sorted and release a version 1.1 in january.

sn4k13s

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2006, 08:35:00 AM »

Welcome to xbox-scene.  Your knowledge and information is greatly appreciated, but did you have to bring up a 4 month old topic? You could of started a new one ya know.

unbiased1

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2006, 07:03:00 AM »

well i believe this topic will be ongoing as issues arise...in fact i have fixed several since my last post...all boot up and video related...watch this space...

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2006, 09:09:00 AM »

well i believe this topic will be ongoing as issues arise...in fact i have fixed several since my last post...all boot up and video related...watch this space...

I don't suppose you took picture of anything with all the boards stripped of their components or of the ones you fixed and what the problems were?

SCSI-Terminator

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2006, 11:43:00 PM »

For those of you that arn't familiar with SMT component placement machines, I direct you to the following page with video's of various machines in action.

http://www.innovaelec.com/ComEMS.htm

The "pick and place DEK unit" that unbiased1 mentions is very simmilar to the Fuji CP6-4000 shown, and yes that machine is realy that fast. (10 parts per second or so)
Pages: 1 [2]