xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: High Quality Kameo Scan  (Read 441 times)

Kernal69er

• Archived User
High Quality Kameo Scan
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2005, 12:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(PCBUILDERCHRIS @ Nov 13 2005, 03:43 PM)
hmnm okay maybe i dont really know if it would be possible to emulate 512 mb of ram fromt he xbox hd but i know you can on a pc in with a paging file but thing is they may even use a dual layer dvd with the second layer invisible with a hidden file structure and you probably even need a special dvd player
but note to you M$ its only a matter of time

How can you emulate 360 games on a PC, when they can't even emulate PS2 games on PC PROPERLY

PCBUILDERCHRIS

• Archived User
High Quality Kameo Scan
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2005, 02:32:00 PM »

uhhh thats ps2 were talking xbox xbox360 is just a beefed up xbox that was thought up by someone watching the modders of forums like xboxscene and plus its made by MS so its computer enough for me just wait till everyone gets thier hands on one well hack it up trust me ps3 is gonna suck so dont mentio playstation in here

deadparrot

• Archived User
High Quality Kameo Scan
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2005, 02:32:00 PM »

There is a lot more to emulation than just meeting the system requirements.  You do know that vRAM and paging files are a hell of a lot slower than actual RAM, right?

rulvnthatwigs

• Archived User
High Quality Kameo Scan
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2005, 02:45:00 PM »

yea pcbuilder, your dumb.

Rattled_by_the_Rush

• Archived User
High Quality Kameo Scan
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2005, 03:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(PCBUILDERCHRIS @ Nov 13 2005, 01:06 PM)
i said this before any games came out it only a matter of time before we emulate the 512mb of ram on our regular boxes to play 30 games and also probably rigging a regular harddrive up to the 360's expamsion bay
only thing i can see a forward compatiility going good on the xbox is the lack of vram wich i know the first 360 games wont take full advantage of so i know at least a handful of games will be able to be used on a modded regular xbox

yes, and only a "matter of time" after that before we emulate 3 power pc cores  rotfl.gif

Google:  "Sega Saturn Emulation"  for more info on how "easy" it is to emulate multiple cores.

Sauron-Jin

• Archived User
High Quality Kameo Scan
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2005, 03:40:00 PM »

-shit, another double post. the server said is was too busy to send my message, then hit back and post reply again, and... double-post-o-matic-

Sorry.

Sauron-Jin

• Archived User
High Quality Kameo Scan
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2005, 03:42:00 PM »

Oh, god!, this guy talking about the possibility of running Xbox 360 games in a normal xbox or a PC (in less than 10 years) must be a complete ignorant of any kind of computing! or he is simply laughing at us.

Emulating 512 MB 700 Mhz GDDR3 Ram  rotfl.gif

Please let me use your first post in this thread as my signature, i have been looking for one like this for years!

Cya!

PCBUILDERCHRIS

• Archived User
High Quality Kameo Scan
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2005, 03:54:00 PM »

no your all dumb if the first xbox 360 games are so much more power hungry why are they being double developed for both systems i promise you the first games wont have a big diffrence like P.Jacks kingkong im playing it right now i bet it looks the same so yeah i believe its a way to do itthe extra cores are there for entertainment so the mods will run better i dont think any game is really gonna rock it except for nba live 06 30 versio fromt the looks of the preview

krackheadbill

• Archived User
High Quality Kameo Scan
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2005, 04:09:00 PM »

Hell yeah and its also only a matter of time before we get xbox360 games working on the good ole NES system. Idunno if it gets any better than playing back to back Super Mario Bros 3 and need for speed..

Rattled_by_the_Rush

• Archived User
High Quality Kameo Scan
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2005, 04:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(PCBUILDERCHRIS @ Nov 13 2005, 11:54 PM)
no your all dumb if the first xbox 360 games are so much more power hungry why are they being double developed for both systems i promise you the first games wont have a big diffrence like P.Jacks kingkong im playing it right now i bet it looks the same so yeah i believe its a way to do itthe extra cores are there for entertainment so the mods will run better i dont think any game is really gonna rock it except for nba live 06 30 versio fromt the looks of the preview

Punctuation. Use it.

and no, we aren't the dumb ones.  From now on, you'll be known as "the guy who thinks the 360 can be emulated on the regular xbox"

Sir_Vival

• Archived User
High Quality Kameo Scan
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2005, 04:23:00 PM »

This thread brightened my day.  Thank you, "pcbuilder."

You do not understand emulation, PC architecture, or programming.  Please, just stop talking.

LTools

• Archived User
High Quality Kameo Scan
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2005, 04:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(krackheadbill @ Nov 13 2005, 06:09 PM)
Hell yeah and its also only a matter of time before we get xbox360 games working on the good ole NES system. Idunno if it gets any better than playing back to back Super Mario Bros 3 and need for speed..

Bah you dont know what your talkin about. NES? PSHHHH. ATARI 2600!!! Atari can handle it. Im playing Kameo on it now. Man this one joystick is tough.

krazyshane

• Archived User
High Quality Kameo Scan
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2005, 05:24:00 PM »

HAHAHAHA OMG dude!

Okay, lets think about this a bit.

1st... MS themselves (arguably some of the most ingenious programmers) had a hell of a time getting the 360 to emulate the xbox.  Why is this?  Because of the outrageously different architecture.  And you know what else, they had to do it game specific.  They dont have a handy program that runs all xbox games, or all would be BC.

2nd... A general rule of thumb (that i have read) is that a system must be 4 times as powerful as what it's trying to emulate.

3rd... Even if you could emulate 512 mb ram using the xbox hard drive (which would be INCREDIBLY too slow), there is no chance in hell the xbox could emulate a 3 core 3.2 ghz cpu and a gpu that is nearly twice as fast.

4th... As mentioned before they are entirely different architecture, so although there might be a game out for both the xbox and the xbox 360, they are compiled differently to run on completely different hardware.  This is why they have development kits specific to each system.  

This is simply not possible.  If you want to play king kong on your xbox, get the xbox version.  Same goes for any cross platform game.

Good night, and good riddance.

Shane

patto

• Archived User
High Quality Kameo Scan
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2005, 05:34:00 PM »

why is everyone still arguing with this idiot

sev7en

• Archived User
High Quality Kameo Scan
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2005, 04:59:00 AM »

Great scans, thank you for sharing!