xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: High Quality Kameo Scan  (Read 423 times)

Avenger 2.0

• Archived User
High Quality Kameo Scan
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2005, 04:07:00 AM »

This makes sense.

Just the dvd partition is readable by the xbox dvd.
The other (invisible) partition contains the game data.

JoBlo69

• Archived User
High Quality Kameo Scan
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2005, 04:23:00 AM »

So let me get this right...

When you put a xbox360 game into a xbox it displays an image or video saying that you need to put this disk into a xbox360 for it to work.

Do you think this message is a video from the vob folder or just a standard .xbe with this message as an image or somthing...

Has anyone put a xbox360 game into a PC or better yet a MAC?

If so what happens?

o yeah has anyone tried ripping a xbox360 game with dvd2xbox?

PCBUILDERCHRIS

• Archived User
High Quality Kameo Scan
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2005, 05:06:00 AM »

i said this before any games came out it only a matter of time before we emulate the 512mb of ram on our regular boxes to play 30 games and also probably rigging a regular harddrive up to the 360's expamsion bay

only thing i can see a forward compatiility going good on the xbox is the lack of vram wich i know the first 360 games wont take full advantage of so i know at least a handful of games will be able to be used on a modded regular xbox

eminvil_12

• Archived User
High Quality Kameo Scan
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2005, 06:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(PCBUILDERCHRIS @ Nov 13 2005, 10:06 PM)
i said this before any games came out it only a matter of time before we emulate the 512mb of ram on our regular boxes to play 30 games and also probably rigging a regular harddrive up to the 360's expamsion bay
only thing i can see a forward compatiility going good on the xbox is the lack of vram wich i know the first 360 games wont take full advantage of so i know at least a handful of games will be able to be used on a modded regular xbox

I dont think it will be possible to tun xbox 360 games on a regular xbox. i know nothing about it lol. but it would involve on helluva lot of hard work, but once completed would be fantastic.

sorry for the n00b post tongue.gif

bucko

• Recovered User
High Quality Kameo Scan
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2005, 09:04:00 AM »

The xbox comes with 64mb stock and 128mb if you add the extra chips. Thus how the hell can you emulate 512MB ram? YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO EMULATE 360 games on the Xbox.

TheLegace

• Archived User
High Quality Kameo Scan
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2005, 09:24:00 AM »

If you cant even emulate ps2/dreamcast, how the hell is 360 gonna work, anyway still no answer on the put the 360 game in the computer, its dl disk i kno, but is it also burned opposite to what dvd burners can read dvd the  like xbox games??

Avenger 2.0

• Archived User
High Quality Kameo Scan
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2005, 09:35:00 AM »

LOL No, you can't play a Xbox 360 game in a Xbox, never!  rotfl.gif

ksteiner

• Archived User
High Quality Kameo Scan
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2005, 09:38:00 AM »

Noob! Trying to emulate the 360...lol

What if you go to file manager and see whats in drive D when you put the 360 game and copy all the files to your harddrive. Or find some kind of programs on google that can look for hidden files in dvds or folders. Ill try looking for something like that.

ksteiner

• Archived User
High Quality Kameo Scan
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2005, 09:41:00 AM »

Noob! Trying to emulate a 360 game on an xbox...lol

What if you go to file manager(on a moded xbox) and see whats in drive D when you put the 360 game. Then copy all the files to your harddrive ftp to a pc then explore the files. Then find some kind of programs on google that can look for hidden files in dvds or folders. Ill try looking for something like that.

ksteiner

• Archived User
High Quality Kameo Scan
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2005, 09:41:00 AM »

Sorry for the 2 posts it was the server........

pvwr

• Archived User
High Quality Kameo Scan
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2005, 09:47:00 AM »

The Kameo instruction booklet looks very close to covers of early Rare games such as Sabrewulf and Knightlore (when they where still known as Ultimate), nice jester.gif. BTW, Kameo has a Knightlore feel to it, the Castle of Thorns demo reminded me Melchior's castle. Being able to control transformations made the whole difference to exploit the scenario (in Knightlore you where cursed and became a werewolf at night).

Has the new OXM already been released? They say that their disc will be dual format, XBox and XBox 360, maybe we can READ (not run) this disc on a modded XBox and see the XBox 360 contents.  uhh.gif

ksteiner

• Archived User
High Quality Kameo Scan
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2005, 09:59:00 AM »

Pvmr i just said that and i said we should try looking at those files with a program that can look for hidden files. Like maybe put the xbox 360 on a pc then use this program called hidden file detector v1.9 heres the website http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,22949,00.asp
or if u cant get in just look for the program on google I believe its a free program ill try to see if it works with a normal xbox game.

pr0t

• Archived User
High Quality Kameo Scan
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2005, 10:07:00 AM »

All you can see on that disc is the silly 8mb partition which contains DVD video. Yes since this is a DVD VIDEO structure it will play in any DVD player... Yes that means you can stick it in your PC or even a PS2 and it will play back the same video... There is no magical .xbe made specially for hackers to get off on.

PCBUILDERCHRIS

• Archived User
High Quality Kameo Scan
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2005, 12:43:00 PM »

hmnm okay maybe i dont really know if it would be possible to emulate 512 mb of ram fromt he xbox hd but i know you can on a pc in with a paging file but thing is they may even use a dual layer dvd with the second layer invisible with a hidden file structure and you probably even need a special dvd player

but note to you M$ its only a matter of time

jhoff80

• Archived User
High Quality Kameo Scan
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2005, 12:49:00 PM »

You do realize that the 360 processor is an entirely different architecture, and the same goes for the video chip?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4