xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Look At This Tv  (Read 577 times)

woofis

• Archived User
Look At This Tv
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2005, 04:10:00 PM »

i also have the screen play infocus projector wich has hdtv plugs. i guess ill be able to play on that? i hope so cuz my screen is like 7 feet by 11 feet. but i need a new tv for upstairs anyway. im guessing the 360 wont be too good on my projector since its so big. i play halo sometimes and my head hearts from looking back and forth. nd i often get dizzy. anyway. ill try it out.

LANDON14

• Archived User
Look At This Tv
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2005, 04:38:00 PM »

Looks O.K. to me...will you pick me one up while your at it?

Forta-Kon

• Archived User
Look At This Tv
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2005, 06:41:00 PM »

mine runs all Rez. even 1840i... what what ever that one is.. lol

woofis

• Archived User
Look At This Tv
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2005, 06:56:00 PM »

is the 1 im gettin able to run  720p?

RELIC

• Archived User
Look At This Tv
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2005, 09:41:00 AM »

yo woofis, heres your tv's specs http://www.inoax.com...5PP9363H17.html

no 720p, if you already got it dont worry about it most people couldnt tell the diffrence anyway try playing matrix in 1080i see what you think, theres a couple of others in 1080i but the ones i saw suck bad, horrable refresh rates..

while im on the subject, moddingswede- your tv choice is kick ass, a bit on the small side but has every res you ever need and tube tv's last 20yrs with no loss in picure quality.

woofis

• Archived User
Look At This Tv
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2005, 10:04:00 AM »

well i didnt get it yet. but do u think i should just go ahead and buy it? im bout to put down 1000+ and i dont wanna regret it haha.

and do you think this would be a better option? its only 3 inches smaller but seems to have the tuner built in and supports 720p.... it is a couple hundred more but lemme know what you think.. is it worth it or should i go with the first choice.
http://www.walmart.c...7031#long_descr

woofis

• Archived User
Look At This Tv
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2005, 10:16:00 AM »

hey relic i was just looking around on that site you gave me, and is it a reliable place to buy from? cuz i found a sony tv on there and it look to be much better than all the others ive seen and not too expencive.....
edit: nvm found it at circuit city. i think i have my mind set on this one http://www.circuitci...4&go.x=0&go.y=0

RELIC

• Archived User
Look At This Tv
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2005, 10:41:00 AM »

oh ya, also avoid card reading tuners, they raise the price and are nearly usess.  the first gen wouldnt play any anolog channals within a digital service, the next gen(probably this one)cannt upload info so if you have on demand cable or pay-perview well you wont have it. the next gen shold be good but its only in highend stuff. the card is just suppose to eliminate the use of a digital cable box, which will act like your tuner anyway, but if you like the second one get it, i just want you to have all the info youll need to make a good buy.

Wedding-shirt

• Archived User
Look At This Tv
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2005, 02:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(woofis @ Aug 27 2005, 02:36 PM)
my friend told me that i only need the hd decoder if i wanna watch tv in high def. wich im not really looking to do that as of now.(mayb in the future) but he said to play xbox 360 i wont need anything else. also, is this a good tv that wont crap out on me/  and is this  tv gunna allow me to play the 360 to its fullest(1080p)

Wedding-shirt

• Archived User
Look At This Tv
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2005, 02:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(moddingswede @ Aug 27 2005, 06:19 PM)
while we are on the subject of tvs, i'm thinking about buying this one when i have the money. is it any good?

Wedding-shirt

• Archived User
Look At This Tv
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2005, 02:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(woofis @ Aug 27 2005, 09:07 PM)
is the 1 im gettin able to run  720p?

Carlo210

• Archived User
Look At This Tv
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2005, 02:59:00 PM »

It doesn't matter though because it will upconver it into your tv's 1080i.

Carlo210

• Archived User
Look At This Tv
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2005, 03:18:00 PM »

? HE WANTS A CRT, so I said it doesn't matter (at this point) because with your CRT, wou will be getting the best possible picture you can get without being 720p.

CRT's are also superior for gaming compared to LCDS at this point in their technology. LCD's look ncie and smooth, yes, but for gaming, you get artifacts and lag.

You don't have to believe me if you are using a 2 ms lcd, because I would then understand that that LCD (2 ms) would be comparable to a CRT, but ask any of the professionals and enthusiasts here.

Deftech and Twisted symphony are some that come to mind. Go ahead, ask them.

Deftech

• Archived User
Look At This Tv
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2005, 03:40:00 PM »

blink.gif

Carlo, most of these people dont give a crap about my opinion, lol. Infact if some see me say one thing, they will immedately go to the opposite side. tongue.gif

are we comparing image quality straight up? without prices being in the equation?

prices or not, you tell any videophile, or even a common enthusiast, that you think lcd has a better picture than crt, and you will either be laughed at or ignored entirely.

Price points are a whole other matter. I'm not caught up with tv prices, as I'm a devoted projector whore. I still stay up on models and industry rankings, but as far as prices go, count me out.

You couldnt give me a lcd to play on. I'd sell it asap and get a crt or dlp tv/projector without hesitation.

I'll be expecting certain peoples to jump all over me for this post. I'd expect nothing less  smile.gif

Wedding-shirt

• Archived User
Look At This Tv
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2005, 04:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(Carlo210 @ Aug 28 2005, 05:29 PM)
? HE WANTS A CRT, so I said it doesn't matter (at this point) because with your CRT, wou will be getting the best possible picture you can get without being 720p.
Pages: 1 [2] 3