xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Release Date In Australia?  (Read 490 times)

flashfreak

• Archived User
Release Date In Australia?
« on: July 28, 2005, 02:06:00 AM »

Hi guys,

I havn't heard anything about the 360 launch in Australia yet. Xbox 1 was March 15, 2002, when u guys got it in november. Apparently they're trying for a worldwide launch and will get the US, Europe and Japan this 'holiday season' but i havn't heard about australia.

Im really hoping its at least this year, even if its like new years eve, that'd be a big party!

But yeah, anyone with any info would be great if they could help me out, Thanks!

majaka

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005, 02:28:00 AM »

Chances are it will be released later. Worldwide tends to not include Aus/NZ =/...

I'm sure it'll be worth the wait, 'cause if any hardware problems arise during the US/Asia/EU release occur, then they can be fixed before Aus/NZ gets them in mass production. It's always been a bit of a bitch, seeing as all the big devs (MS, Sony, *Scoff* Nintendo) are always in EU, USA or Asia... But hey, thats what sucks about having a 21 million population.

3dfx_ownd_joo

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 06:44:00 PM »

DAMD NZ/AUSSIE segregation from the rest of the world. its racist i tell ya!

hmm why cant the xbox360 be out now sad.gif

will europes pal be the same as aussies/nz pal?

flashfreak

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 07:03:00 PM »

Yeah EU's pal will still be the same as over here, its the standard and i don't think they'd change that. You COULD by one from there, but seriously, i wouldn't, postage costs, ppl would charge heaps for em and u'd need a voltage convertor. Not really worth it but im just saying that, you probably never thought of that in the first place.

I like ur point about how we'll get the non-bugged ones, if the other countires have problems etc, but im sure MS would do extensive testing as they don't wanna have hard drive or power *cord* problems like last time.

Its my 18th birthday today by the way! Go me!

Carlo210

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005, 08:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(majaka @ Jul 28 2005, 10:32 AM)
are always in EU, USA or Asia

More like EU, NORTH AMERICA, Asia.

The US isn't a continent.

corridon

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2005, 08:03:00 PM »

I went to EB about a month ago and they otld me that they expect it in about June.

3dfx_ownd_joo

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2005, 08:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(flashfreak @ Jul 29 2005, 02:07 PM)

WOOOAHHHH HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUDE!!!!!! beerchug.gif  smile.gif

might buy from an import company, like this company in new zealand import psps and sell them here, and are cheaper than what you can preorder than here for.

we'll see when the xbox360 comes out

BTW JUNE, WHAT THE HELL, thats almost a year away wtf

Xandalus

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2005, 10:07:00 PM »

I read an interview with a Kiwi developer that said he didn't expect an NZ launch till early next year (his speculation)... I'm sorry I can't post a link, I forgot where I read it.

As much as we'd all love one when it's released, we're gonna have to wait, or import.

jayda

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2005, 11:18:00 PM »

Sorry to say but it wont but it wont be out till march for us Aussies at the earlyist. I read  that shortages for the system and so forth will delay till at least then. And jallard the A hole has the nerve to tell us we'll have to wait. i could get my misses pregg and she could have our child befor i play the new xbox. and wtf is with xbox live .. if they want more people on it in australia they should have some Australian servers... playing xbox with adsl is like playing the Pc with dial up..

jayda

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2005, 11:22:00 PM »

btw if you were to import it, you would have to import every game u want to play... stuff that. cant u guys just play the xbox cos by the time u wait we'll probably have more launch games by then. I remember when every console launched the Release games with them sucked ass, but that was last gen i sa'pose. this time around im going to need a big bank account not only for the system and a new TV but for about 6 or so games... just think if you bought some NTSC games from the us..and u didnt like them...

flashfreak

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2005, 11:31:00 PM »

June? That has to be bull...Unless MS are just heartless bastards.

I would actually put some money down on March 15. Any good aussie or NZ xbox gamer should know why that date is special. I got mine on the 26th wink.gif 2 weeks after. They might be doing it on the original date in america so it would make sense to do that here.

It sucks cos its far away but this way i'll have more cash in my xbox fund so i can get an extra controller or hopefully a second game.

Funny point: There will probably be a chip out by the time we get it, just cos ppl have been speculating so much and apparently it'll happen very quickly after. I'm only in a chip for this one to upgrade the media player to play xvid stuff and reduce those game costs (100-120 here apparently!)

This post has been edited by flashfreak: Jul 29 2005, 06:32 AM

majaka

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2005, 07:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(flashfreak @ Jul 29 2005, 03:07 AM)
Yeah EU's pal will still be the same as over here, its the standard and i don't think they'd change that. You COULD by one from there, but seriously, i wouldn't, postage costs, ppl would charge heaps for em and u'd need a voltage convertor. Not really worth it but im just saying that, you probably never thought of that in the first place.

I like ur point about how we'll get the non-bugged ones, if the other countires have problems etc, but im sure MS would do extensive testing as they don't wanna have hard drive or power *cord* problems like last time.

Just to make it clear, I wasn't referring to continents but places that would most likely get the Xbox 360 first. If NZ got it first then despite it not being a continent I would still say it smile.gif

bourke

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2005, 02:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(flashfreak @ Jul 29 2005, 07:35 AM)
I would actually put some money down on March 15. Any good aussie or NZ xbox gamer should know why that date is special.

Funny point: There will probably be a chip out by the time we get it, just cos ppl have been speculating so much and apparently it'll happen very quickly after. I'm only in a chip for this one to upgrade the media player to play xvid stuff and reduce those game costs (100-120 here apparently!)

Yes, the ides of March again!

However it was only by sheer chance that Bunny discovered a flaw in the encryption algorithm of the first Xbox within 6 months, and it was a full year before mods became feasible for the mainstream.

It is unlikely that a) M$ will make such silly mistakes this time and cool.gif that there will be any mods within the first twelve months at least. (Also depends how backwards compatible this thing really is!)

hardcandy

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2005, 04:29:00 AM »

The system will launch this holiday season in Europe, Japan, and North America, to be followed by availability in Australia, Colombia, Hong Kong, Korea, Mexico, New Zealand, Singapore, and Taiwan in 2006. More information can be found online at http://www.xbox.com/xbox360.

You can register for Australia's general discussion forum on the official site, I imagine it is all speculation, Japan's exact date is not known yet, so anything other than an official announcement is a guess.
My guess is it depends on sales and parts availability after they make the European, North America, and Japan releases.
The PSP was the same way, Sony delayed Europe because production was not keeping up with demand after Japan and North America were released.
Probably nothing definite until after the Christmas sales are in for the first release and MS can see how production is doing.