xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Xbox360 Accessories Exposed  (Read 2426 times)

iwannadie

• Archived User
Xbox360 Accessories Exposed
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2005, 06:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(RageXP @ May 27 2005, 06:16 AM)
yeah kinda... are we buying this wireless adapter..or its included?? umm

buying, im sure the only thing included is the bare basics.

xb_xpmoder

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2005, 06:16:00 AM »

that really pisses me off if the charging connecter is sold separatly since the console prolly comes with wirless, also their is only one port on the front of the  controller and its the female usb, and so is the the charging adapter so how would that work.

Ozy

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2005, 06:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(xb_xpmoder @ May 27 2005, 01:20 PM)
that really pisses me off if the charging connecter is sold separatly since the console prolly comes with wirless, also their is only one port on the front of the  controller and its the female usb, and so is the the charging adapter so how would that work.

MS are going cheap on us! They go on about wireless been the HD era then charge us extra for the wireless adapter (probably about £40 as well!) and I bet the wired controller is as standard as well forcing us to buy wireless controllers.

Cheers M$! <_<  :grr:

iwannadie

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2005, 06:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(Ozy @ May 27 2005, 06:22 AM)
MS are going cheap on us! They go on about wireless been the HD era then charge us extra for the wireless adapter (probably about £40 as well!) and I bet the wired controller is as standard as well forcing us to buy wireless controllers.

Cheers M$! <_<  :grr:

um no suprise there, of course they will set a new standard(Read wireless) then force you to pay extra just to use it, makes perfect sense to me. also wifi will cost extra when it could had been built in for cheaper. they are going to try and nickle and dime us to make their money this time. wait untill you see how online purchases will work, a dollar here a dollar there for stupid little stuff.

RageXP

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2005, 06:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(Ozy @ May 27 2005, 02:22 PM)

Cheers M$! <_<  :grr:

damn :( thought wireless would be standard :/

xb_xpmoder

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2005, 06:22:00 AM »

If the wirless controllers arnt standard im going to get really pissed off bc they stress it so much in their press breifing and on mtv and their website.

Well if you think about it the Xbox 360 is wicked fast, and is like a high computer so they are probly making us pay extra for some stuff so they can make the console cheaper to buy.

This post has been edited by xb_xpmoder: May 27 2005, 01:25 PM

Ozy

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2005, 06:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(iwannadie @ May 27 2005, 01:25 PM)
also wifi will cost extra when it could had been built in for cheaper.

Plus it is gonna slow down the system with it been usb. Pisses me off. They could have had it built in of just an add on adapter by why oh why USB!

richie579

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2005, 06:23:00 AM »

nice work, looks like I'm gonna have to spring for a "good component switcher"...the 20$ mad catz one works fine for my ps2&gamecube, but xbox gets direct connection baby!...I know when I get my 360, I'm not disconnecting my xbox1, not with 250GB worth of stuff anyway....I wonder if there'll be a dvi connection.

silentmemory

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2005, 06:58:00 AM »

Jeez, what a bunch of old women.

The USB wireless adapter won't slow down your x360, that was only an issue on old sub-Ghz PCs.

I'm curious to know how the volume and mute works on the headset if you can plug any headset into the controller? Presumably it's a little box on the cord itself, in which case using anything other than the standard headset would be a pain, no?

And how does the optical audio work with that standard HDTV connection cable? I don't see a connection there for my optical cable like there is on the xbox1 advanced lead...

Ozy

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2005, 07:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(silentmemory @ May 27 2005, 02:02 PM)
Jeez, what a bunch of old women.

The USB wireless adapter won't slow down your x360, that was only an issue on old sub-Ghz PCs.

If you have  intensive accesories such as an external HD, if you have it on usb 2.0 you notice the slowdown on your system, if you have it on firewire although a slower transfer rate it doesn't slow down your system because it is low profile.

I can see this wireless adapter causing probelms in big matches.

This post has been edited by Ozy: May 27 2005, 02:02 PM

whet1134

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2005, 07:10:00 AM »

Fantastic job on the accessories list.  I'm gonna fenagle some room for a sticky.   :beer:

Regarding the addons... look at it this way:  MS recoups gobs of money on accessory sales.  I think they made $10 back on every memory card and extra controller they sold as opposed to the $150 they lost on every console.  That's where their profit lies.  This means that they can spend more money on the console without chargine more if they nickel and dime the public for their addons.  Example: Not everyone uses 4 controllers, so they don't pack all 4 in and jack up the price.  Instead, they sell them seperately to those who need them and make more money doing it.  The breakout boxes, the memory cards, the controllers... all of that has huge profit value to MS and seeing as not everyone uses all that stuff, why charge people for it when they aren't going to use it?  See the bigger picture?  Besides, I'd imagine MS would only charge $9.99 USD for that charging cable... much more and people will figure out ways to hack it.

Ascoe

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2005, 07:11:00 AM »

Also guys

Where the hell do the wired controllers plug in? The back USB ports? That's terrible design. One of the nicest things of a console is not reaching behind shit.

That also means you can only plug in two wireless controllers at once, unless they go into the memcard slots or something  :blink:

whet1134

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2005, 07:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(Ascoe @ May 27 2005, 03:15 PM)
Also guys

Where the hell do the wired controllers plug in? The back USB ports? That's terrible design. One of the nicest things of a console is not reaching behind shit.

That also means you can only plug in two wireless controllers at once, unless they go into the memcard slots or something  :blink:

Maybe the wall?  Just an idea, not a smartass answer.

iwannadie

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2005, 07:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(Ozy @ May 27 2005, 07:05 AM)
If you have  intensive accesories such as an external HD, if you have it on usb 2.0 you notice the slowdown on your system, if you have it on firewire although a slower transfer rate it doesn't slow down your system because it is low profile.

I can see this wireless adapter causing probelms in big matches.

i can see all the hassle now of people wanting to play using the wifi adapter and the people with a wired setup not wanting them to join. then all the moaning when someone who has a wifi setup causes lag and ruins the game for everyone but refuses to beleive its him causing it.

Ozy

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2005, 07:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(iwannadie @ May 27 2005, 02:20 PM)
i can see all the hassle now of people wanting to play using the wifi adapter and the people with a wired setup not wanting them to join. then all the moaning when someone who has a wifi setup causes lag and ruins the game for everyone but refuses to beleive its him causing it.

Exactly.

Wi-Fi on something faster works perfectly.
My Notebook is build in (I don't know how) and my PC is on PCI adapter.

Both of them have a 125mbps transferr speed.

I wouldn't have a USB adapter on something that I want every last scrap of power used on games.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10