xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Anti-social Players  (Read 52 times)

taz1975uk

• Archived User
Anti-social Players
« on: March 19, 2004, 06:20:00 AM »

There has been a recuring problem recently with anti-social players causing problems on RS3.

I know that plans in the future to have arenas where the host can kick and ban users will be implemented in Evo 7.

However this could only be possible if the host is around.

There are a few kind people who have Rainbow Six servers up practicly 24 hours 7 days a week for the benifit of xlink in general and not just for one clan, obviously they cant be around all the time to kick players who are abusing there server.

What could work is if we had in game arena a moderator system (like IRC) where the mods have the ability to ban or kick users from the arena, that way certain trusted members of the xlink community could eject anti-social players.

As im sure many will agree that having arenas that everyone can just see what games are available by going to the xbox and going to system link is the best way to go, but if people keep spoiling things for others we will get to the situation where there are only private rooms.

Sorry for the rant and i'm not even sure its feasable.

• Archived User
Anti-social Players
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2004, 07:12:00 AM »

I play under the alias "Vankwish" on xlink kai, many r63 players will probably recognise, i agree that recently there has been an increase in "antisocial" (i.e w*****s!) spoiling a few of the dedicated servers set up by good friends of the regulars of kai and r63, although i agree there should be a form of exclusion on kai for these players. A moderator would be fine but i think it should also be down to the ppl whose games are being spoiled i.e reporting maybe like 3 strikes and your off kai permanantly! (that seems a bit extreme i know but these idiots can clear a good 10 person room in less than 5 mins!). so enough of my little rant and some possible solutins :-

1) many of the ppl who offer these hosts allow respected ppl in the community to remote access theyre pc, this would allow these trusted members to ban said idiots, perhaps if this remote ability could be included in in kai (sorta like boxlink but pclink?) so that trusted members could remote access the kai running the ded server (also maybe a reboot kai function for when the shit hits the fan sometimes), as often trusted members are playing on these servers alot.

2) a reporting scheme so that the players could report misuse and when the complaints number reaches a certain level a warning is issued, if this continually happens then a permanant ban? although this wouldnt be a direct solution it would stop the continual abuse towards the community

3) we all form a pact and TK these idiots  :evil:

Moderates (just like on IRC) can also be bias, i know that the respected ppl on r63 WOULD be fair but what about mods for thje mods to check that the mods are not abusing theyre power? personally i would feel better if the community had theyre say :P
Im personally not in a clan and would hate to see alll the clans move into theyre areas and never come out again as honest good players would be left out :(, i also like the arenas and would hate to see it move to a "closed" room mode im sure alot of ppl are with me here and i know that you work hard enough as it is, it frustrate me that these ppl take for granted what you do  :grr: anyway thanks for the great proggie and the great community hopefully this will be resolved thou

This post has been edited by Avatar: Mar 19 2004, 03:16 PM

flat235

• Archived User
Anti-social Players
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2004, 08:06:00 AM »

wink.gif

TD

• Archived User
Anti-social Players
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2004, 08:12:00 AM »

rolleyes.gif and once again thx

theboss666

• Archived User
Anti-social Players
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2004, 12:06:00 PM »

ya like that french motherfucker susson that thinks hes the shit hes the exact reason y those cocktail and multipul primary hacks should have never been released

theraster

• Archived User
Anti-social Players
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2004, 02:37:00 PM »

ok whell i dont c whot the problem is with gun hacks.
yes if u r on someones server and thay dont like them then turn them off
but if u host your self then i carnt c the problem. i host and i do use gun hacks if pepol dont like it then thay leave but most of u r cheating because how menny of u have xbox live? not menney so i dont c how u can all complane so much when u all that dont have live r cheating MS out of cash.
Ans how menny of u have the pach on your moded xboxs? that pach will have cost ubsoft a lot of cash to make and u lot just hack it.

boxorox

• Archived User
Anti-social Players
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2004, 09:04:00 PM »

QUOTE (theraster @ Mar 26 2004, 06:31 PM)
ok whell i dont c whot the problem is with gun hacks.
yes if u r on someones server and thay dont like them then turn them off
but if u host your self then i carnt c the problem. i host and i do use gun hacks if pepol dont like it then thay leave but most of u r cheating because how menny of u have xbox live? not menney so i dont c how u can all complane so much when u all that dont have live r cheating MS out of cash.
Ans how menny of u have the pach on your moded xboxs? that pach will have cost ubsoft a lot of cash to make and u lot just hack it.

Why don't you shut the fuck up?
If you need to hack the game to beat people, you suck.