xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Using Angerwounds "theory" - I Am Back On Live  (Read 326 times)

irajames1176

• Archived User
Using Angerwounds "theory" - I Am Back On Live
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2004, 04:49:00 AM »

Moving your saves from E: to F:

http://forums.xbox-s...0

irajames1176

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2004, 04:55:00 AM »

also here's a link to a Cache cleaner script, for those of you who use MXM it deletes all the cache in E:\Cache, and formats X: Y: and Z:

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=172029

Aaries

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2004, 12:26:00 PM »

I went into the memory management and removed saves from programs that aren't retail

Does that include saves from backed-up copies of games?  Or just from programs like XBMC, etc, as you mentioned?

mc_365

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2004, 01:25:00 PM »

QUOTE (smwein @ Dec 3 2004, 08:45 PM)
I have been trying to get my box back online for a while now.  I have tried a new eeprom and new harddrive.  None which have worked.  I keep getting can't connect to live and then all info about my mtu size and isp stuff.  I know my router is setup correctly because I was on live before.  Some one please help.

Unlock your drive again.
Clean it.
Re-configure your drive sectors.
Re install MS files, make sure they are all there.
Make sure your eeprom is the correct version and region, on your PC with live info.
Flash your clean eeprom again.
Load xbox eeprom.
Lock your drive with evox.
Delete Lock/unlock logs
Delete no Configmagic/evox Gamesaves.
Ftp backup folder to your pc if you created one.
Make sure you only have ms data on your C: and E: drives.
Boot MS dash.
Try Live account setup.
If Error try changing your MAC in advanced network settings to blank first, if no go put in the mac addr of you eeprom.

poiygon

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2004, 02:30:00 PM »

Have you tried signing on with your old gamertag?

feet14

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2004, 02:24:00 PM »

pmpnic - did it say DNS resolved before saying cannot find XBL?

pmpnic

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2004, 04:08:00 PM »

feet - Yes, it did say that the DNS was resolved.  

After all of the reading that I have done on the forums the last couple days, and based on my XYZ codes, I am about 95% that it is a ban, but there is nothing on my account.  According to the M$ tech support guy that I literally just hung up with, I was just approved for my full refund and my credit card is credited.  So I am gonna try to get a trial subscription and a new gt, new eeprom, wipe my c: and e: drives, and then try to get online again before I mess with fixing a beat ass xbox.

Thanks for your help everyone and I will be posting again with more details if all of this is successful. peace.

DexX

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2004, 05:54:00 PM »

Ok I've also had the xbox live not found problem and I've been trying to decide whether to get a new hardrive etc or what, but apparently in the xyz thread it says my problem is a hardware error that some specs dont match or something but I was using a completly new eeprom so I'm guesing thats why some specs don't match. Anyways my question is if I followed mc_365's steps should I be good to go back on live? But in his steps it says not to have anything but ms files in  c and e can I still launch evox from like F?

mc_365

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2004, 07:42:00 PM »

I say don't have anything except  ms files cuase you stand the best chance of getting back on live if you do everything right and have a true virgin/unbanned eeprom.

Other than that if you know exactly why you were banned then just fix that and try.

I didn't know why I got banned.  So I got rid of everything.

mc_365

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2004, 08:53:00 PM »

Re-do your drive with slayers or some other drive installer or get the files from somewhere.  If the eeprom is good than it is your drive.  Did you check in live info to make sure the eeprom is the right version for your xbox.

DexX

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2004, 09:18:00 PM »

Live info? No where can I get it?

fruitbat04

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2004, 02:13:00 AM »

I'm pretty sure the new eeprom you have isn't the same version as your xbox. Thats what I got when trying 1.1 eeproms in a 1.0 xbox. When I got a 1.0 eeprom it worked fine.

tasmanian_guy

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2004, 03:33:00 AM »

I have an Xbox version 1.4.

It has an X2 chip in it.  
It has a disable switch.  
The hard drive is a WD 7200rpm 160 gig with evox files etc on C: but only standard stuff on E:.  
The hard drive is always locked.

I signed up for Xbox Live (2 month trial), got connected with the disable switch in the off position.  Been playing Halo 2 and Rainbow Six for numerous hours (hell I even had an 18 hour stint on Halo 2) and have not been banned.

This rules out the scanning of hard drive theory or detecting hard drives theory as well.

feet14

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2004, 05:12:00 AM »

QUOTE (tasmanian_guy @ Dec 14 2004, 11:29 AM)
I have an Xbox version 1.4.

It has an X2 chip in it.  
It has a disable switch.  
The hard drive is a WD 7200rpm 160 gig with evox files etc on C: but only standard stuff on E:.  
The hard drive is always locked.

I signed up for Xbox Live (2 month trial), got connected with the disable switch in the off position.  Been playing Halo 2 and Rainbow Six for numerous hours (hell I even had an 18 hour stint on Halo 2) and have not been banned.

This rules out the scanning of hard drive theory or detecting hard drives theory as well.

If you swapped your HD before going on live then it does not rule out all HD detection methods - the marriage theory is still a possibility. Also, bans are sometimes enforced after several months, so we cannot be certain that you won't be banned with this setup.

slyt

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2004, 05:58:00 AM »

Damn, beat me to it...

this is pretty much what I did also.

I worked with Gadget to help me (thanks again dude  biggrin.gif ) and although you mention ignore the "theories", actually the process you did (which was what I did) covers nearly all of them.

- by formatting you prevent the "cookie" data (as can be seen by disk.bin)
- by installing a new EEPROM, your new EEPROM is married to your Hard Drive, as the new EEPROM hasnt been seen before, it becomes locked to your existing hard drive (assuming MS store all the data), thus your xbox is believed to be new and clean, (those who upgraded their HDDs without reinstalling an EEPROM have an EEPROM that doesnt match M$ records)
- by using a new gamer tag you prevent extended hard disk scanning thought to be linked to a "flagged gamer tag"

These are actually the 3 biggest theories out there and whether any or all of them are true, this method addresses all at once, in a straight forward mannor.

((- infact by having a hard switched Chip, you even fall outside a lot of supporters of the LPC scanning theory (something about them being able to activate your chip remotley - this cannot be done with a hard switch)))

My Xbox has been online again for a week now.

I must say that this process is fairly straight forward and covers most bases. Instead of slayers, I adapted my Evox.ini to format the HDD, and used a configmagic disk with the eeprom file (in data I think), replaced with the clean one I bought.

Other than that I think the methods are the same.

I might also add that before I did any of the above, I solved the problem that got me banned in the first place. In my case this was going on live with a chip on. (after flashing chip XB rebooted straight onto my friends list Do'h!)

I stoped this ever happening again by flashing a live blocking bios onto my chip. Now I cannot go on live with the chip on.

I would highly recomend others do the same if they are using a chip as this seems to be one of the main reasons people get banned. either way, if you want to stop yourself getting banned again, try and ensure you cannot make the same mistake again, whether accidental or not.

(For me I used the 256 Metoo M8+ bios) - slightly customised for personal preferance using the tool that came in the same folder from "the usual places".

Good work zoomer777 !
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5